PDA

View Full Version : New Tyranid biomorphs, and edited older ones

Yorkiebar
19-03-2005, 22:55
Has anyone got any ideas for what might happen with these? I know 'leaping' and lash whips will probably get altered to fit with 4th ed rules, the pdf doesn't fully explain them.

What's really been exciting to see is feeder tentacles.. sounds like some way to 'drain life' from other units. Brings up the whole 'Alien' facehuggers concept. It would be nice to see rippers actually absorbing energy from the units they devour. As long as the models are better than the new zoanthrope one *shudders*.

Rabid Bunny 666
19-03-2005, 23:13
Has anyone got any ideas for what might happen with these? I know 'leaping' and lash whips will probably get altered to fit with 4th ed rules, the pdf doesn't fully explain them.

What's really been exciting to see is feeder tentacles.. sounds like some way to 'drain life' from other units. Brings up the whole 'Alien' facehuggers concept. It would be nice to see rippers actually absorbing energy from the units they devour. As long as the models are better than the new zoanthrope one *shudders*.

and they are doing spore miasma or something, sounds interesting

Brimstone
19-03-2005, 23:32
Have you tried the roundup for details. ;)

Rabid Bunny 666
20-03-2005, 00:16
aah brimstone, anti spam lord and knower of everything i try to post down as a rumor, damn you! :D

boogle
20-03-2005, 00:57
well thats what he's here for

Rabid Bunny 666
20-03-2005, 01:06
and to warn about off topic bits

*realises off topic*

well, i may do nids now, the biomorphs kickass

Inquisitor DreaxIV
20-03-2005, 01:31
They kinda went a bit overboard with the biomorphs but i like it. Makes the army more flavourable and gives people lots of choices. 'Scythe tail', 'bonded exoskeleton' and 'tusked' are my favourites so far :p

Rabid Bunny 666
20-03-2005, 01:34
cool, the nids are gonna rock, but i'll have to get some terminators to gun down them 'fexes

Inquisitor DreaxIV
20-03-2005, 01:42
Haha so you wont be joining the Hive Mind?

Good thing about fexs now is that we get MORE of them :D

boogle
20-03-2005, 01:58
yeah, but if you have more than 4 Carnies where are the points for you obligitory Winged Tyrant and little gribbly troops going to come from?

Brimstone
20-03-2005, 06:46
Trouble with taking Carnifex as elites is that it cuts down on your synapse creatures and a lack of synapse with the new rules will be a bad thing.

I'll probably use one as elite at the most.

Inquisitor DreaxIV
20-03-2005, 07:08
Hopefully more people will be using Nid Warriors as they can now survive abit better.

I wouldnt have more than 3 Fex's in a game anyway. The bulk of my army will most probably be genestealers :D

Nid
20-03-2005, 07:17
See, it seems my 'balanced' nid list will be kicking a lot more ass now than it used to! A 50/50 mix of shooty/assaulty bugs, led by an on-foot tyrant and at most 1-2 fexes. A decent amount of Warriors, and medium sized bugs. Mmmm.

Inquisitor DreaxIV
20-03-2005, 07:21
Im going for the 50/50mix of genestealers and warriors with lots of biovores and lictors. Elite nids :D

zealousheretic
20-03-2005, 10:23
I'll be sticking to my big horde'o'gaunts; I like that style of army a great deal.

Main choice I need to make is going to be multiple cheaper 'fexes or one scary 'fex of doom.

Wraith
20-03-2005, 11:32
Main choice I need to make is going to be multiple cheaper 'fexes or one scary 'fex of doom.

***scary 'fex of doom***, ***scary 'fex of doom***, ***scary 'fex of doom***, ***scary 'fex of doom***...

:D

'Big Guys' army would be very cool, lots of lovely 'Stealers, 'Fexes, and Warriors - the 'elite bug army' is a cool concept IMHO.

Yorkiebar
20-03-2005, 11:34
I think I'll go for an almost all-genestealer army, with warriors for long range support and synapse, with a few biovores to support the advance. Tyranids are going to get really popular after this...

Flame Boy
23-03-2005, 00:29
I think if I ever get around to a 'Nid army then I'll be using a lot of warriors, a couple of lictors and plenty of Tyrant Guard. I suppose i've always gone for shooty armies, so on the whole I guess I'll be bringing that experience to the proverbial table, but it will be nice to concentrate on an assault army possibly. I doubt i'd go for loads of small creatures, because I simply don't have the patience to paint them ,and I take ages to paint my models, as I spend a lot of time trying to lavish detail onto them, so it makes more sense to go for a monster-mash rather than a bug swarm. :D

Takaratie
30-03-2005, 12:52
I realy like the swarm idee... lots and lost (and lots) of gaunts ;)
Can somebody tell me a bit more about the new rules... i heard something about that you can "recycle" gaunt units so that they may re enter the battle field if they where killed ? that would be nasty :D

Btw, Its good to be back ....

plasmadaemon
30-03-2005, 13:26
mmmm......lots and lots of IG autocannons and demolisher cannons :p shooting at tinee, tinee bugs, how cute.

Eversor
30-03-2005, 13:44
What's really been exciting to see is feeder tentacles.. sounds like some way to 'drain life' from other units. <snip>

From what I've read (semi-confirmed rumours on Dakka), feeder tentacles will give the unit (and nearby units at least in the case of Lictors) the prefered enemy rule. So always hitting on 3+. Doesn't do much for Lictors and 'stealers, but hordes of Hormagaunts benefitting from it might be scary.

Wraith
30-03-2005, 15:06
Can somebody tell me a bit more about the new rules... i heard something about that you can "recycle" gaunt units so that they may re enter the battle field if they where killed ? that would be nasty

Basically under a certain points (i think 7) you can pay 3 points and give your gaunt unit 'without number' which basically, yes, recycles the gaunt unit upon it's death. Hormaguants (i.e. any sort of close combat gaunt) have their own codex entry and can't be given 'without number'.

Feeder Tentacles -

They represent the ability of the Tyranid to eat part of the prey's brain and in doing so gain parts of it's memories giving an insight into the prey's strengths and, weaknesses. Fluff wise Adeptus Astartes have a gland that can do a similar 'trick'...

Boduddley
02-04-2005, 10:03
:)

I can't wait to get my hands on the new codex!

These new Tyranid Biomorphs really intrigue me alot.

:cool:

The whole thing really comes down to point values for everything.

Does anyone know anything about the new point costs?

:cool: