PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Dragon???

Dark_Knight
23-11-2009, 14:54
Where can you buy an Empire Army Imperial Dragon? Where is a run down of its special abilities? Has anyone ever fielded one? What does it look like?

Keller
23-11-2009, 14:57
The only way to field the Imperial Dragon at present is by using Karl Franz w/ it as hit mount. I've never used it, as I can't justify that expense in my army, preferring more units instead. As for abilities, its a pretty standard dragon, with S4 breath, IIRC.

danny-d-b
23-11-2009, 14:57
I'm not sure if there is a model, the rules are under the rules for KF found in the empire army book- I think he has the same stats/rules as a Star dragon possibly, though I've not got the book to hand

Baragash
23-11-2009, 15:14
Where can you buy an Empire Army Imperial Dragon?

One way to buy it is to get the HE Dragon and Karl Franz with a HE-playing mate that wants a non-Eltharion Griffon-rider, he takes the Griffon and the HE rider, you take Karl Franz and the Dragon.

wilsongrahams
23-11-2009, 16:09
Sounds like a good idea. Well done that man!

Gorbad Ironclaw
23-11-2009, 20:14
Of course the real problem is finding a HE player that wants a Griffon over a Dragon ;)

Durloth
23-11-2009, 20:24
There used to be a metal Imperial Dragon model way back in the day and I think it`s still GWs largest metal model. The wings were so big that you had to make the membrane your self using aluminium foil. We aren`t allowed to post stats, so I would advise you to have a look in the Empire AB.
In 5th ed. everybody could field one and it had pretty much the hardest stat line in the game.

Scallat
23-11-2009, 20:43
I think I'm still safe telling you that it's stats are "Mostly sixes".

Urgat
23-11-2009, 20:47
In 5th ed. everybody could field one and it had pretty much the hardest stat line in the game.

Emperor dragons =/= Imperial dragons ;)

Dark_Knight
23-11-2009, 21:14
Thanks for all the info. I have the stats but I guess I overlooked the breath weapon info. I barely noticed that KF could take a dragon. I searched the web and found nothing on an imperial dragon but I might by a HE dragon just to have it if its cool looking. Plus I hate when people threaten to use a dragon so I want to be smilingly smugly as I reply go ahead dude and I'll bring mine.

O&G'sRule
23-11-2009, 21:18
Emperor dragons =/= Imperial dragons ;)

they wish.

I don't think there has ever been an empire dragon, karl franz has always been sold on the griffon instead, but theres plenty of suitable dragons to put him on