PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new project, how do i get rid of my excess old projects

boogle
23-11-2009, 15:22
Hi guys, it's not often i do this, but i'm looking for advice, I'm at the stage in my hobby career where i've tried virtually every army out there over the past 20 years and now i've decided which army is for me - Elysians, i had a 1500 elysian army 3 years ago, but ha to sell it off due to moving from one end of the country to another, and in that time, i amassed a large Cadian Army, Ork army, Space Marine army and also some bits and bobs for WFB, I've tried here, and a few other forums to try and sell my stuff, and also ebay, but i still have tonnes of stuff left.

So how would you guys go about getting rid of your excess stuff so you have the money and space to start the 1 project that i really enjoyed in the past and want to go back to (albeit from scratch)?

Cheers

dugaal
23-11-2009, 15:43
Unless you need to be rid of the models in order to finance your new Elysian project, I would highly recommend keeping your other stuff, even if its just 1000 good points of each or something; you will only regret getting rid of it...

Ive sold off Orks, Chaos, Space Wolves in the past for financial reasons and regret it. Talking about cool centerpieces I put lots of time into. It feels nice to imagine a 'fresh start' but with the right mindset you can achieve that by simply storing away the old stuff.

After all... If you still had your old Elysians you could be more prepared now :)

the1stpip
23-11-2009, 15:57
Keep your stuff unless you are really never oin to use it aain, in wic case ebay is your friend.

hwd
23-11-2009, 18:01
There is a decent trading forum here wqhere you can trade or sell your stuff.
I would think very carefully about selling stuff though. Personally I only get rid of spare stuff and stuff from half started projects I lost interest in...

Harms66
23-11-2009, 18:37
I agree don't sell them, you will only regret it.
If you must, try your local gaming clubs, ebay (every else does) or an independent store
Or if like me you have kid, let them have one, gets them involved the game and you still have access.

boogle
23-11-2009, 19:42
Tried trading and selling on here with less than stellar results, and ebay i've dropped prices to the absolute lowest they can go without giving the away ad people still wanted more off and didn't bite. I'm trying to create space in the house and also to partly fund the Elysian project

GrimDog
23-11-2009, 20:37
try bartertown or rogue-market

boogle
23-11-2009, 20:44
been on both and no go, people just never bohered to respond to the ads.

Selling my Elysians because I had to has been my only regret in selling models/armies

bigcheese76
23-11-2009, 21:16
I know alot of warhammer sells well on ebay, but I see your point about it selling for next to nothing.
If i were you I'd try on ebay again, mabey put an advert up here at Warseer and if they dont sell for a decent price just keep the models or sell them a bit cheaper than you would have liked to a friend who you know will put them to good use. Thats what I did with my orks and I'm glad I sold them that particular friend as his painting was awesome and the models looked great. I even played games againts my old army which seemed a bit wierd.
If none of that works just keep them would be my advice. You might find one day you really want to go back to your chaos.

Gray Hunter
25-11-2009, 00:41
Unfortunately, Boogle, you can't win. GW models depreciate very rapidly so you will never get anything like close to your money back. You'll get very little cash for your models, and chances are that sometime soon you'll get the bug for that army again and wind up spending more money to recreate the units you've already bought and sold. Effectively, you might end up paying for some of your models twice. Unless you're desperate for the cash, I'd keep your stuff.