PDA

View Full Version : Victory conditions - units or stands?

Lord_Squinty
23-11-2009, 17:06
Hi All,

havent played in years,

But I am about to restart with friends at my FLGS so am re-reading the rulebook to refresh myself and have come up with this question.

My question is this -
To make an enemy army withdraw you kill the general or kill half the enemy units.

We all went to 2 tournaments years ago where at both they played that to make an enemy withdraw you kill half the total number of stands.

Now re-reading the rules, it says units, not stands, which is how we played before going to these tournies.

Which is correct?
Half of the total stands of the army or half of the total units of the army?

Cheers.

Squinty

azraelezekiel
23-11-2009, 19:34
Half the number of units!
The tournaments were wrong!

StefDa
24-11-2009, 06:49
No! They weren't wrong! No! No! I've been living on a lie!

azraelezekiel
24-11-2009, 09:14
No! They weren't wrong! No! No! I've been living on a lie!
If this was the case (and it isn't) then my 2000 point tomb king army would have a break of 45 instead of 15 :wtf:
It has always been based on the number of FULL units lost.

You can gain points from units with half of their number of stands destroyed.
But this is for calculating Victory Points at the end of the game.

The end of the game is decided by the death of the general or an army hitting it's break point (determined by half (rounded up) the number of fighting units, not characters).
Unless you decide upon a house rule to use stands as the deciding factor.

But this sort of breaks the mechanics of the game. As you can no longer hide your remaining stands from half destroyed units, to prevent your enemy winning:evilgrin:

Lord_Squinty
25-11-2009, 08:15
How about undead raised stands? I know they dont count for VP's, but do they affect the break point of the army?

azraelezekiel
25-11-2009, 10:27
No, they don't count