PDA

View Full Version : Korhil's host (HE)

Wolfroar
23-11-2009, 19:52
What do you think of this 1000 pts army list.

Hero
Korhil - Wields 2 weapons, 1 of them is a great weapon. Killing blow.

Core
15 spearman FC

Special
10 Great swords FC
9 white lions M,SB + Korhil
5 Shadow warriors
1x Lion chariot

Rare
1x RBT
1x Eagle

Total 1015 pts

ROCKY
23-11-2009, 22:19
ummm lol great swords? ur mistaking the army :) u mean sword masters. also your units of 10 are going to get raped. first off as a high elf player u need to understand something. you have GOOD magic! take a wizard, ring of fury, and a silver wand or something. then take korhil. take 10 archers (stick wizard here) and take the white lions as 12 (two ranks of 6) and give them banner and champ. take 14 swordmasters and stick korhil in there. then add the warbanner and full command. lastly take a bolt thrower. if any points are left take another bolt thrower or an eagle.

Wolfroar
24-11-2009, 06:13
Thanks for the tip. The reason I will not add a mage yet is because I have to fight dwarfs. They have so much dispel dice, my mage will not reach his full potential. Later on I will also fight Dark elves. For that army I will be using mages.

If I add Korhil to the swordmasters does the entire unit get stubborn?

ROCKY
24-11-2009, 07:26
Thanks for the tip. The reason I will not add a mage yet is because I have to fight dwarfs. They have so much dispel dice, my mage will not reach his full potential. Later on I will also fight Dark elves. For that army I will be using mages.

If I add Korhil to the swordmasters does the entire unit get stubborn?

yep, whats this your swordmasters are ....wait....is that korhil and stubborn ld9?!!? oh well. :)

and being that white lions already have stubborn its a waste to put khorhil in it.

oh and if your fighting dwarves a wizard can still do damage, in a 1000point game he will have what 4-5 dispel dice? you will have 4 basic (2 for u and 2 for the winds) then take the magic banner on one of your units that allows u to add your power dice by D3. not to mention the bound spell, ring of fury. so yes you can still rape with magic.

Guardian of the Rage
24-11-2009, 07:29
'you have GOOD magic'

Never a truer word, i am constantly fascinated by people trying to play without it as HE. As Rocky said, you really must have some. Here is a simple 'equation' to follow.

Speed of Asuryan is a defensive ability; so you need to get the enemy to come to you to make full use of it. - To make the enemy come to you, you will need to convince him that if the armies just sit back and look at each other then he will lose. - The only way to make him think this is to do damage at he 24 inch + range at the beginning of the battle. - There are 2 ways to do that, shooting (at which HE are reliable and RBTs can be excellent) and magic (at which HE also have reliability, if magic can ever be reliable, and variation).

Thus your list in a basic HE plan must have magic and it must have shooting. That is NOT TO SAY that HE don't work in other ways, they do. It is simply a statement about the most basic plan to use and it works better in smaller games too.

As for the list, I would vary some of the specifics that Rocky mentioned, but in essence he is spot on.

I hope this is of use,
Kind regards.
GotR

Wolfroar
24-11-2009, 08:23
To have decent mage on the field it will cost about 200 points or more to make it work. My foe has a runesmith so his dispel pool is 5 dices. I think 200 points is quite a lot for a mage which is dispelled most of the time.

Guardian of the Rage
24-11-2009, 11:22
If you will only face dwarves with the list then i agree with you, it would be best to take no magic; though it seems that you are taking this as a general list. With a general list you should not worry so much about the 'specialities' of other armies, unless you play them a disproportionately high number of times.

The magical protection from dwarves is one of their 'defining features', but no-one else can offer such protection without excess cost. I short don't worry about it unless you expect to play mainly dwarves!.

Kind regards,
GotR

Wolfroar
24-11-2009, 13:48
Yes, my main adversary will be dwarves for the time being. But a friend of mine joins us soon and he will gather a host of dark elves. I intend to use magic against those guys.