PDA

View Full Version : Need help on choosing my next army

Sons of Alaitoc v.2
23-11-2009, 21:15
What army should I collect next, I already have Eldar and Orks. It is out of:

Tyranids
Daemonhunters
Skaven (I know this is a fantasy army, but I may as well say it)

Which one would you say is the most fun to use, and also have the best models?

Ben
24-11-2009, 00:11
Wait for the new Tyranid codex in January, and then have a good look.

Do you want to take this army to tournaments?

Ozendorph
24-11-2009, 00:16
If you enjoy sculpting and conversion work, go DH. Inquisitors and their retinues are fantastic for that sort of thing.

If I were you I'd wait a couple months before embarking on a Nid Army.

He Who Thirsts
24-11-2009, 00:20
Personally, I would go with DH, but thats just me. Why? Sisters of battle/Grey knights.

Sons of Alaitoc v.2
24-11-2009, 21:06
I would wait until the new Tyranids are released

I like to convert, but it does not bother me if I don't

I probably won't take the army to a tournament

I thought Grey Knights would be a part of a DH army

SPYDER68
24-11-2009, 21:09
Since im not a fan of Fantasy i wont say Skaven, Sorry!

between Grey Knights and Tyranids ?

I would haft to say Nids have many more options then Grey Knights do.

Along with a new codex, new units etc soon.

3Xhume
25-11-2009, 00:05
I play both systems and I will be the first to say start Skaven. They have good models with the current release. And wouldnt it be more fun if you can taste and play both systems?

Here is another reason. You play Orks and Eldar. And which 40k army that you considered starting? Tyranid and DH. Tyranid is based on horde gamestyle which you already have with Orks. The same is true for DH, another elite army much like Eldar.

SPYDER68
25-11-2009, 00:37
I play both systems and I will be the first to say start Skaven. They have good models with the current release. And wouldnt it be more fun if you can taste and play both systems?

Here is another reason. You play Orks and Eldar. And which 40k army that you considered starting? Tyranid and DH. Tyranid is based on horde gamestyle which you already have with Orks. The same is true for DH, another elite army much like Eldar.

Tyranids is more of a Monsterous Creature army then swarm right now at least.

Corpse
25-11-2009, 00:49
Wait for the Tyranid Codex

If you got eldar and orks already, I should just say that they can play like whole new armies when you use different types of forces in the same codexes. You can literally have 5000-8000 of each codex and still not be able to field all the armies and games you want including apocalypse and planetstrike.

I say get skaven if your already interested in another game. Maybe even flames of war/magic the gathering/warmachine if you arent interested at finishing off your orks or eldar.

Check out all options if your willing to dive into a whole new game.

Gray Hunter
25-11-2009, 01:20
Given that the new 'Nid Codex is imminent, with all the new toys and hype that that entails, I would go with them. DH are cool though.

meno1
25-11-2009, 08:27
DH you'd be looking at metal GK models, and plastic/metal stormtroopers, while Nids would be plastic. It all depends, if you don't mind metal and love converting and modelling, go DH. Inquisitors and henchmen are great fun! If you don't like metal, go with Tyranids. It also depends on what you like to model. Is it heroic figures, battling the xenos for the Emporer? Or the xenos itself, alien menace ripping the guts out of any and all living beings?

Skaven, you'd be playing Fantasy, unless you want to convert HEAPS, and be ready to find a codex and spend ages sorting out a fluff-reasonable list.

Aubec le noir
26-11-2009, 15:56
i'll go for the grey knight if i were you because of the splendide miniature range.
Aubec :chrome:

From Shadows
26-11-2009, 16:12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok lets try another one.... How about a "radical" (very radical) inquistor army. Good potential for a variety of models, plus conversions. I would personelly stay away from the "greys", and use things like..Inquistors, daemonhosts, assassins, storm troopers( i would use FW chaos renegades. ) Sentinals, dreads for the heavies. You see where i am coming from? Plus FW has some sweet things that you can use. See a few pics below.

Also i believe you can use daemonhost book with the sisters book, to me that could make for one very cool army. To be honest do not know how they would play, never played against one of those armies. But i feel the potential is there. My self i do not build armies just for winning, but go for fluff, background and rareness.

This is one of those armies that people will be envious of. Any way good like at picking one!

Gandair
27-11-2009, 11:51
There just plain aren't enough DH or WH players. The models are awesome and the rules are neat. I'd suggest going with them.

laudarkul
27-11-2009, 14:24
Buy a Skaven book and read it and make an aquisition plan.
Wait till January for the new Nidz' codex.
Then it's much better to decide about the army.
As for fun the DH and Skaven seems the best of. You can trash your opponent or you can be as easily trash by the enemy ;) and both armies gives you models and rules for certain fun factor.

bigcheese76
28-11-2009, 18:51
Of the three I'd say Daemonhunters. They have amazing models if you paint them well they look awesome. They are great fun to play aswell.
Also Skaven have some good models and from what Iv read in the new book and how much my friend goes on about them they are great fun to play.