PDA

View Full Version : First 1000 pts Skaven list. Just asking opinions.

DrPepper
23-11-2009, 21:53
Hey all.
I have recently started the hobby and decided to begin a skaven army.
I am starting off easy at 1000 points and I am just wondering as to what you folks think.

So here's the list.....

Heroes

- Warlock Engineer, Level 2, Warpstone Chunk, Dispel Scroll
105pts
- Warlock Engineer, Level 2, Dispel Scroll
90pts

Core Units

- 30 Clan Rats, Spears + Shields, Full Command
170pts
- 30 Clan Rats, Spears + Shields, Full Command
170pts

Special Units

- 25 Plague Monks, Full Command, Plague Banner
230pts

Rare Units

- Hell Pit Abomination
235pts

Total = 1000pts exactly if I am correct.

So I was just wondering what all you peeps thought.
Thanks.:)

Mushkilla
23-11-2009, 22:14
Seems good, but no slaves?!!?! Slaves are one of the most important things in a skaven army so useful for getting of flank charges. If you can try and fit in 1-2 units of 20 slaves they are only 42 points (with musician) each and have so many uses.

In 1000pt game you might be better off with 3 units of 25 clan rats, 30 isn't as necessary as it is in 2000pt games.

Another option is to drop 5 clan rats from each clan rat unit and use the points to buy two units of 20 slaves.

Also Clanrats tend to with with Static combat resolution so the spears seem like a bit of a waste. I mean 60 spears = 30pts almost = another unit of slaves!!

Also drop the Clanrat champions, they are not worth it and will most likely get killed of quick-quick.

yomil
23-11-2009, 23:08
Your warlocks are undercosted.
a level 2 warlock WITHOUT gear is almost as expensive as your first warlock and more expensive than your second.
Their points do match a level 1 warlock though.

DrPepper
24-11-2009, 00:23
Your warlocks are undercosted.
a level 2 warlock WITHOUT gear is almost as expensive as your first warlock and more expensive than your second.
Their points do match a level 1 warlock though.

Im sorry, but I am soo confused by that.:wtf:
What do you mean?
I just dont understand it at all.:confused:

DrPepper
24-11-2009, 00:25
Oh also, To Mushkilla.

Thank you for the advice and I am gonna go and re-write a list and I shall post that up.:)

Foegnasher
24-11-2009, 02:29
get a chieftan. you need high ld. it's one of your best weapons.

here's an harsh 1000 point list.

chieftan, shield
chieftan bsb

4 x 40 slaves
5 x 25 clanrats, mu, banner, shields.

6 plague censer bearers

you got about 5 more drops than the next best army. you cot more than enough troops to soakk up any shooting or magic.

and you got one super hitty unit to dish out the pain..

Ghil
24-11-2009, 04:06
isn't there a way we could include Globadiers in a 1k army? would that be useful?

outbreak
24-11-2009, 05:18
your first list isn't too bad but i'd make some changes.
I would drop the clannies down to 25 for 1k points, add in 2x20 slaves. Drop an engineer and drop the other down to lvl1 with just a dispell scroll and maybe the warpstone generator/condenser whatever they named it now. I'd lower the plague monks down to 18 models and i'd add in a chieftan as your general (keep him pretty cheap). Hopefully should have enough left over for a small unit of 5 or 6 plague censer bearers to add some more umph to your monks.

At 1k points i see all their shooting focusing on your abomb so your other units shouldn't lose their bonuses too easy so you can hopefully tie up with slaves then flank with your clannies and monks.