PDA

View Full Version : Location, Japan...

Armond
23-11-2009, 22:09
Is there a thread or actually a place where people from different regions can put down their info? I am trying to find players here in Japan, but I haven't been able to find a place to peruse for where people who play live!

Gimp
23-11-2009, 22:12
When I was in Japan I found a GW in Tokyo with some people playing in it. no idea where it was but I could ask a friend who lives near it where it is

spikedog
23-11-2009, 23:24
You can find the official GW Japanese site here that has a list of the store locations:

http://jp.games-workshop.com/

There are a bunch of stores in Tokyo such as Jimbocho, Nakano, Ikebukuro and a few new ones since I was there I think.

A friend and I started a gaming club in the Tokyo area which is still running and if you are interested let me know and I can get in you contact with the guys.

You can also try the JIGG (Japanese International Gamers Guild) they have a bunch of people that play all sorts of games including GW ones:

http://greatpowers1.googlepages.com/jigg%3Ajapan%60sinternationalgamersguild2

Bregalad
23-11-2009, 23:25
There are several threads of people asking for information about the Japan GW scene. I am just too lazy now to search them for you. But the search button is your friend.

Cats Laughing
23-11-2009, 23:55
IIRC, "Yellow Submarine" was the name of a chain of gaming/anime/collectables stores, that had in store gaming (at least in the Kyoto and Osaka stores I visited). You could try finding the one nearest to you, and see if they have a gaming group.

AlmightyNocturnus
24-11-2009, 06:32
Armond,

Where are you at in Japan? If you are in/near Okayama, Hirohima, Yamaguchi, then you can join our gaming group. PM me.

Almighty Nocturnus

Meraklis
04-12-2009, 09:07
Or in case you are in Tokyo PM me :) I am also on the lookout for joining a gaming group

Arnizipal
04-12-2009, 12:59
This thread (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49948) is a bit old, but it might still be helpful (it has the locations of Japanese GW stores for one thing).

Armond
04-12-2009, 14:35
Wow! Thanks for the replies.

I am actually military stationed on Yokota AB in the Tokyo prefecture. I am about an hour from Tokyo by train.

I found a GW store in Nakano(sp?) but it was WAY overpriced. I would rather order direct from GW and have it mailed to an APO!

Anyway, I am way interested in trying to get with some people to play some WHFB. I have been out of it for a bit, and want back in. Maybe there is a way to get a few people together one weekend somewhere?

Ixquic
04-12-2009, 15:25
I'm honestly curious what the staff at a Japanese GW are like...

Blizzinam
04-12-2009, 15:43
My guess? Japanese.

Ixquic
04-12-2009, 17:23
Yeah I'm thinking something a tad more specific that that

Armond
04-12-2009, 23:39
Nice, very helpful, spoke English pretty well, and looked like he had good hygiene. So I would say he was a good image for GW.

Only thing that wasn't, was that it was 14,000 Yen for a Battalion Box, in the U.S. you are looking at around 90.00... That means about 150.00 in U.S dollars... Talk about marking something up. So I just order my stuff from stateside places and have them shipped!

Arnizipal
05-12-2009, 01:43
It's the currency difference I think, not so much the pricing. The Yen is at a high compared to the Dollar.

Armond
05-12-2009, 03:14
It may be higher, but it is not that high. The yen is winning at .92 U.S. to 100 Yen. I did the exchange rate today. And I also did the exchange for what they are asking, which was 14000 Yen for a box which is worth only $90.00. Like I said, 14,000 yen = 150.00 U.S (approx). The exchange rate is not the cause.

The mark up is super high in that store. Believe me I know what the box was worth. Even the wife noticed!

Armond
14-12-2009, 07:53
Anyone else interested in meeting somewhere in Tokyo in next week?

Meraklis and myself are trying to set up a day to meet. So if anyone else in Japan is interested please let one of us know! I would so like to get some people together, it has been too long since I got to throw down on a table!