PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwarf Armylist

zeekill
23-11-2009, 22:28
So with my friend going back to play a Dogs of War army I myself was thinking of making a Chaos Dwarf army. I got my hands on a chaos dwarf armybook but am now wondering if I obtained the newest version of the book or not. Can anyone send me a link to, a pdf of, or describe in some specific way whatever is the newest version of the chaos dwarf armylist?

Eta
23-11-2009, 22:35
Here is a link to the Indy GT Chaos Dwarfs book. Not the old GW one, but more options, more fluff and the list itself is well done, too: http://www.filedropper.com/fdwarfsofchaos

Greetings
Eta

Grimstonefire
23-11-2009, 23:18
Or if you or your opponents are worried about it being 'official', just google ravening hordes. That is the last (and latest) official list from GW.

Bregalad
23-11-2009, 23:30
There was only one book, a collection of WD articles counting as an army book. I assume that it is the same as the Ravening Hordes list but I am not sure. But the new GT Indy list is legal for most US tournaments, so as official as you can get at the moment and 15 years younger ;)

Grimstonefire
24-11-2009, 11:05
Ravening hordes came out in 2000 I think. ;)

The indy list is good, like many fan lists.

Commodus Leitdorf
24-11-2009, 12:17
The list is floating around on the internet, you can find it with a couple of minutes of googling. Once something is on the internet...it just never goes away!

Slacker
24-11-2009, 17:04
The Indy List isn't only good, it was written by people who're actually published game designers and was without a doubt playtested several times more than any of the recent GW books.

Which is what makes it stand apart from the 'normal' fan lists in my mind. And no, I'm not biased just because I did a chunk of the playtesting. Power level wise, it's literally about right in the middle of all of the published GW armies, which means someone really has to be a hardass to not allow it, especially in a friendly game.

BigbyWolf
24-11-2009, 17:26
No-one else thinks the Indy GT book is a bit daft? I downloaded the pdf a while ago, read it...deleted it and went back to ravening hordes.

Chaos Dwarfs in Daemon powered drag-racers? Golems? Loads of random new warmachines and rules for the wizards? No thanks! Just give me warriors, bull centaurs, earthshakers, hobgoblins and a smattering of other greenskins to taste.

It just had a feel of being a bit "fan-boyish" kinda like they'd just made up a wishlist of what the wanted to see in it, then threw it together.

Or maybe it's because I'm just a purist at heart...they were my first ever WFB army *wipes away a tear*.

Keller
25-11-2009, 03:00
No-one else thinks the Indy GT book is a bit daft? I downloaded the pdf a while ago, read it...deleted it and went back to ravening hordes.

Chaos Dwarfs in Daemon powered drag-racers? Golems? Loads of random new warmachines and rules for the wizards? No thanks! Just give me warriors, bull centaurs, earthshakers, hobgoblins and a smattering of other greenskins to taste.

It just had a feel of being a bit "fan-boyish" kinda like they'd just made up a wishlist of what the wanted to see in it, then threw it together.

Or maybe it's because I'm just a purist at heart...they were my first ever WFB army *wipes away a tear*.

Yeah, I rather agree. I was a bit drawn by the Chaos Dwarves, since I like Dwarves but want to add in some magic and cheap troops for support. After reading the new list, though, I decided I didn't like it that much. It just seems too OP. Chaos Armor on all infantry? a 2+ save for core infantry is too much, especially when you get some cheap hob-gobbos to fill in the lines. Some of the things just really didn't seem to fit, either.

Oh well, I was only planning on using them as an alternate army for my dwarves, mixed in with some other models to fill out the CD army. I'll ust keep my fingers crossed for some GW support (HA!)

Sir_Turalyon
25-11-2009, 22:44
Most of the "new" warmashines seem to be 3rd edition ones; the armybook surely tries to put all Chaos Dwarf units ever made into one list. I'm not fan of removing non-lord sorcerers in favour of deamonsmiths and deamonic engines myself, but it's can be lived with. As for the Chaos Armour, just don't take it.

cornixt
25-11-2009, 23:26
The list adds options. It hasn't really replaced the RH list, 3 times as many Chaos Dwarf players on CDO use RH predominantly. It's a decent enough list, not what I would do, but usable. Still pretty new though, so it will be a while before people either find a common exploit to either crush it of crush with it, if there is a way.