PDA

View Full Version : empire war alter ward save?

RanaldLoec
25-11-2009, 02:11
ok here is the thing

the power of sigmar: the divine protection of sigmar makes both the war alter and the arch lector unbreakable. it also conferes magic resistance 2 and a 4+ ward save on both the war alter and the arch lector.

right i have always played that when my war alter is destroyed i loose my magic resistance and ward save for my arch lector. playing in a tournement my opponent also an empire player argued that the lector keeps the ward and res as the power of sigmar specifiys that its from sigmar not the alter its self. read the rule above as it is in the empire book wot do u think am i right in that the benef its are lost when the alters destroyed?

Ethriel
25-11-2009, 03:29
I would have to say that you are playing your War Altar correctly.

Under the Archlector rules description, there is no mention of the "Power of Sigmar", that is only found under the War Altar's special rules. So once the War Altar disappears, the "Power of Sigmar" rule ceases to be.

Also, as a side note, could you please try and not use net speak, (ie You, instead of u, etc.)

RanaldLoec
25-11-2009, 07:20
Sorry i made the entry off my phone so i slipped into text speak my bad. Thanks i thought i had it right it doesn't hurt to double check though.

The Red Scourge
25-11-2009, 13:53
I bet your opponent wouldn't have argued about that rule, if it had been your war alter that had been destroyed :p

hwd
25-11-2009, 14:19
The bonus comes from the altar. If the lector is no longer stood in the altar he cannot claim the benefits.

bigbauske
08-12-2009, 19:43
The bonus is from the altar not the Arch-lecture... its like war gear is a character looses a sword or a other magic item he does not keep the effects.....

Kalandros
09-12-2009, 00:58
Its simple, the source of the rule determines if its in play.

Source: War Altar
War Altar destroyed, lose all the rules associated with it.