PDA

View Full Version : Empire 2000: Calvary and Blackpowder

zeekill
25-11-2009, 03:16
Lord

Arch Lector + Van Horstmann's Spectulum + Armor of Meteoric Iron + Sword of Sigismund + War Altar - 320

Heroes

Battle Wizard + Lvl 2 + Barded Warhorse + Wizard's Staff + Sigil of Sigmar + Dispel Scroll - 164

Battle Wizard + Lvl 2 + Barded Warhorse + Rod of Power + Power Stone - 164

Core

Handgunners + Music + Champ + Hockland Long Rifle x10 - 113

Handgunners + Music + Champ + Hockland Long Rifle x10 - 113

Knightly Orders + Musician x6 - 146

Knightly Orders + Musician x6 - 146

Archers + Upgrade to Marksmen x10 - 100

Special

Empire Great Cannon - 100

Empire Great Cannon - 100

Outriders + Music + Champ + Hockland Long Rifle x6 - 155

Outriders + Music + Champ + Hockland Long Rifle x6 - 155

Rare

Helblazer Volley Gun - 110

Helblazer Volley Gun - 110

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just going to back up to my table edge until he gets to me, let out one last round of fire and then charge with everything I can put out, which will probably be enough after all that damage from shooting and magic. Outriders can both shoot and later redirect, and Marksmen either marchblock, annoy, or kill/hold up enemy warmachines.

Im trying to go for a relatively non-cheezy list by taking options that are not exactly sub-par, but rather can either completely fail or destroy in a game, like the very risky Helblazer, and not going straight for the Steamtanks and Big hammer units with hatred from warrior priests.

For those that say "FOUR HOCKLANDS??? HOW DARE YOU!" just think of the fact that at long range (where I will be the first two turns, then one shot at short range and after that everything's in combat pretty much) the Handgunner champions only hit on 5's and the Outrider champions on 4's. This means I will be getting 1.6 hits every turn, and I still need to roll to wound and you still get saves.

I also stayed towards a "Purge the Evils" Theme, as in against undead and daemons (a.k.a. the top tier minus Dark Elves) I will do relatively well because of all the light magic I can pump out, and because of the war alter centerpiece.

I was thinking maybe I'll take out the archers and 2 knights (one from each unit) to get a 3rd Lvl 2 wizard so I have a total of 6 spells to roll for (so if I pick a certain lore just to get a certain spell or spells I have a better chance of rolling it/them)

So what do you think?