PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I need some ear-plugs

Nicha11
25-11-2009, 04:49
I live in a boarding house with 120 others crammed in.
As you can imagine space is pretty tight and it's loud at all times of the day and night.

Can anyone reccomend me a pair of earplugs that are noise deadening and won't fall out whilst I'm sleeping?

threewolftats
25-11-2009, 04:51
try your nearest builders supply people.... they should sell disposable foam in the ear ones which i never had any trouble with over 3 years of using them.....

Mannimarco
25-11-2009, 22:51
what you want is a pair of ear defenders

i had an old british army pair a while ago, kinnda big and blocky cup type things that cover your ears completely but you wont hear a thing through them

eltanko
27-11-2009, 23:53
The foam ones are best for sleeping,and cheap. I use them now after working night shifts and used to use them during rifle firing with the Marines. If they can pretty much block out the sound of gunfire then I think they should be good enough for sleeping!!

ElTanko

Corn Berserker
05-12-2009, 20:22
what you want is a pair of ear defenders

i had an old british army pair a while ago, kinnda big and blocky cup type things that cover your ears completely but you wont hear a thing through them

http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/L22A2range.jpg

And they keep your ears nice and warm too!

Ozorik
05-12-2009, 20:41
Uncomfortable to wear for long periods though. The dense foam ones are better but they don't fit my ears very well (even though they are supposed to be universal).

Tanner MIrabel
06-12-2009, 17:39
Boots' standard foam plugs were always fine for me. Just jam 'em in deep! Alternatively, try acclimatising to it. It'll take a while, but eventually you'll sleep through.