PDA

View Full Version : A few Warmaster rules questions

StefDa
25-11-2009, 07:20
So I had my third ever game of Warmaster yesterday (fourth for my friend). We ran into a problem, and I found another one I wanted cleared up.

1. Do characters get pursuit and charge bonuses? Say three stands of Marauders with a Sorcerer charge into a unit of three stands of Goblins in the open - how many attacks is it? 14 or 13?

2. Do units move at all in the command phase before you give them orders? I thought so, which was Undead's disadvantage, but after reading something in the rulebook I'm not so sure.

Thanks in advance,
Steffen.

Lord_Squinty
25-11-2009, 08:03
1. <edit> - no
2. Yes, troops can charge or evade using initiative, no orders required, undead as you say (and some others) - cant do this, some (like flagellants and trollslayers) must.

Lord_Goober
25-11-2009, 08:05
1: No. Characters don't get the pursuit bonuses. They are flat bonuses.

2: Initiative moves are what you are thinking about. They only happen if a unit can see an enemy unit within 20 cm of them. Then they can either charge the closest enemy unit within 20 cm that they can see or they can flee from the closest enemy unit in a direct line away. I don't remember the whole fleeing initiative rules off the top of my head.

Agoz
28-11-2009, 02:00
yeah, characters don't have attacks of their own, they just give another stand extra attacks.