PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings 2000pts

tanka
25-11-2009, 10:49
Getting tired of my wood elves now, they can do every phase well except the magic phase and I'm missing it a little after playing with vampires. I wanted to do another army that could compete in every phase and the only army that appealed to me other than naughty dark elves were tomb kings, so I guess the bonies may well get a run out.
Power level of the army is aimed at being competitive, without going OTT in any phase, I think I've achieved that mostly.

Tomb King 260
Flail of Skulls, Cloak of the Dunes, Collar of Shapesh

Liche Priest 148
Skeletal Steed, Jar.

Liche Priest (Hierophant) 148
Skeletal Steed, Dispel Scroll.

Liche Priest 148
Skeletal Steed, Dispel Scroll.
Pretty standard character setup really, not any changes I'd make here really, the chariot king is a bit too vulnerable simply because of terrain/strenght 7 limiting his options.

20 Skeleton Bowmen 185
Full command.
20 Skeleton Bowmen 185
Full command.
The shooting + blocks of the army, hw shield ones are simply not worth it IMO, and these can bump out enough shots to worry anyone with the use of smiting.

5 Skeleton Light Horsemen 70
5 Skeleton Light Horsemen 70
Mostly liche bunkers, can have a few uses as well though.

3 Skeleton Chariots 120
3 Skeleton Chariots 120
3 Skeleton Chariots 120
Maybe a little spammy, but I don't think 2 units would be enough, especially with no tomb gaurd.

3 Carrion 72
I know the unit of 5 is seen as a lot better for crossfire purposes, but again I just can't find the points.

Tomb Scorpion 85
Tomb Scorpion 85
Solid choices, can't find the points for the 3rd though.

Screaming Skull Catapult 90
Screaming Skull Catapult 90
Would love to have made these skulls of the foe, but just can't find the points, I think 2 will be better than 1 plus casket simply becasue of the amount of large targets around nowadays.

1996pts

Any opinions are welcome, any chagnes you'd make to it, any armies you think it'll struggle with especially?

Bit worried I havn't got the undying legion banner in there, may cause me to have to spend a lot of time just raising archers up, not sure how I'd find the points for it really thogh, without dropping a light cav unit, which I really don't want to have to do.

pratty
25-11-2009, 12:46
Id worried you liche priests dont have enough protection, mobility is good i have these issues myself but protection is more important. One round of shooting could end your liche priests unless your super cautious which negates the mobility cos there hiding everywhere. Of course they may be behind the chariots spamming move spell, either way a unit on a hill n thats it.
Id give your king armour and shield it could save you for 6 points.
I think it culd struggle vs high toughness armour armies, dwarfs for example, or warriors of chaos