PDA

View Full Version : scuttling gaunts...

the spook
18-05-2005, 06:18
Just thought I'd mention to those of you waiting for your new dex. Apparently you buy scuttlers for your gaunts as well as your genestealers, but not hormagants. This could still make for a nasty fights. Since I haven't seen this posted elsewhere, I thought i'd make mention of this bit of fun.

Lion El Jason
18-05-2005, 09:19
Theres a thread about it in the tactics forum! But we never thought to post it here.

I found with this and an advancing enemy, I got fleshborer shots on turn 2 (And killed a wraithlord!)

Inquisitor Engel
18-05-2005, 16:18
Fear scuttling Genestealers. They're the fastest unit in the game potentially. 6" set up move, 6" move, possible 6" Fleet of Claw move and then a 6" Assault Move. My Assault Marines never even got to move...

invivos
18-05-2005, 16:26
Sounds very nasty :)
Any suggestions how to show the scuttling biomorph on your nid models? I am kind of stuck there... :confused: More legs maybe?

Eversor
18-05-2005, 23:04
Sounds very nasty :)
Any suggestions how to show the scuttling biomorph on your nid models? I am kind of stuck there... :confused: More legs maybe?
It's not really a biomorhp that shows. It's an ability more than a mutation...

the spook
18-05-2005, 23:32
I can hardly wait to play my first game with the new 'dex. I'm hoping to swamp my mates SM with a load of scuttling gaunts and genestealers, followed by some leaping warriors and hormagaunts....

thanoson
19-05-2005, 06:26
For my leaping warriors, I used the old metal warrior bodies, mix of warrior and old tyrant heads and the legs from the bugs in the Starship troopers box. Looks very nice.

invivos
19-05-2005, 07:40
It's not really a biomorhp that shows. It's an ability more than a mutation...

Ah ok :) Thanks for the info!

The Beast
19-05-2005, 12:20
Can gaunts become scuttlers and get without number? If so does the scout move come into effect when they reappear on the board edge?

Lion El Jason
19-05-2005, 12:39
they can but no the second unit would get no benefit.

Antaeus
19-05-2005, 13:14
*crawls out of cave*

What does this 'scuttling' do? Not the actual rules obviously, just a general idea. Haven't heard of it, but I haven't been in a store for about 7 months.

Lion El Jason
19-05-2005, 13:28
2 points for Gaunts, 3 for 'stealers
Gives them the 'scouts' USR.

Scythe
20-05-2005, 07:37
*crawls out of cave*

What does this 'scuttling' do? Not the actual rules obviously, just a general idea. Haven't heard of it, but I haven't been in a store for about 7 months.

I think the idea is that 'scuttling' broods creep forewarth towarths the enemy before the battle (not infiltrate per se, rather a weaker version, imho like scouting ahead of the swarm).