PDA

View Full Version : Got my fluff straight!

apple_wood
25-11-2009, 17:40
Thanks for the input guys, but I think I've finalised my fluff!

My chapter come from a world where the gene seed was introduced into the water table during a campaign of conquest and has permeated through into the food chain. It has mutated.

Now some of the new-born of the planet exhibit qualities of a space marine (taller, more muscle mass) as well as a smattering of other abilities such as a hardened skeletons.

The planetary governer is a deeply pious and tough man, who decides that these genetic mutants are to be ocntrolled , regulated an licensed.

One of the librarians of the chapter shelters any mutants he finds in a special bunker disguised as an ellischial school. They carry the holy gene seed of the chapter. Many of them feel alienated from society, so he trains them to nurture and be proud of their differences and prepares them for a life in the Space Marines. He teaches them not to hate the governer and his subjects as they know no different.

Also on the planet is a muta-marine who failed to join the librarian and went his own way. He doesn't agree that the governer has acted in the right way and thinks that his kind should inherit the whole planet. H has embraced the ruinous powers of chaos who long to bring Apocalypse to the world.

the1stpip
25-11-2009, 18:20
Hmmm, cant see where your inspiration came from for this...

shabbadoo
25-11-2009, 20:09
"In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only SPORE!"

:p

Spider-pope
25-11-2009, 20:30
So this Librarian has set up a school for gifted youngsters? Maybe you could have a gruff Space Wolf teach them as well, only he doesnt know he's a Space Wolf 'cos he lost his memory somehow. You could even make him more original by arming him with lightning claws.

He Who Thirsts
25-11-2009, 20:50
What kind of special rules are you going to throw in?

Maybe something like the treat lakes (if they have lake scenery for 40k) as normal, or they have preffered enemy imperial guard....

Hadafix
25-11-2009, 21:10
In some ways, this doesnt sound to bad.

DeadlySquirrel
25-11-2009, 21:19
@spider-pope. yeah, i could see this going that way. with everybody jumping on the band wagon and all. mutants = wulfen? i smell a flame war on the way

back on topic, sounds pretty interesting, id like to hear more tho

Kommandant
26-11-2009, 03:25
I agree. I love hearing fluff, and this sounds interesting.

Arakanis
26-11-2009, 03:53
So this Librarian has set up a school for gifted youngsters? Maybe you could have a gruff Space Wolf teach them as well, only he doesnt know he's a Space Wolf 'cos he lost his memory somehow. You could even make him more original by arming him with lightning claws.

Hard-wired Lightning claws? ;)

Norsehawk
26-11-2009, 04:38
The only glaring problem I see with your fluff is the bit about the geneseed being released into the water. The Space marine geneseed is a series of organs that are implanted into the body of a teenage or younger male, followed by years of psycho conditioning and training.

So if geneseed were released into a water supply, they would probably sink... or float.

PrivateLucky
26-11-2009, 05:34
For those that are still lost.....

X-MEN!

I ruined it....

Kriegfreak
26-11-2009, 05:55
Flufftastic news dude.

26-11-2009, 06:19
For those that are still lost.....

X-MEN!

I ruined it....