SirSnipes
25-11-2009, 19:52
warlock, lvl 2, warp energy condenser and dispel scroll 145
chieftain, shield,warpforged blade 97
30 clan rats, full command, shields and spears 170
hellpit abomination, warpstone spikes, 250

simple and sweet, chieftain rolls with rats in the center, warlock takes center, 1 rats group takes left flank, the abomination rushes right blank

PeG
25-11-2009, 19:57
seems a bit win/lose by one model to be fun in the long run but for a few games if you want to try out the abomination why not.

bert n ernie
25-11-2009, 23:10
It seems to me that with the abom random movement you're going to often be avoided, and at 1000pts there might not be enough enemy on the board for any of them to get caught fighting it. They may loose 100pts to it, and whittle away the rest of your army(which doesn't look great by itself) while that happens.
Even at 1000pts I'd consider another level 1. You don't often need shields, even if they're that cheap. You have nothing that can flank well, or flee a charge. You have no skirmishers in case you need to be able to enter terrain (gutter runners, poison globadiers or plague censers all have their uses).
Even if you chop one unit in half and make two giant rat units (one big 95ish one, one smaller 55ish one) you will have more units covering more tasks for your entire army.
You have absolutely no real hitting power outside the chieftan(a champion will stop him hitting a unit) and the abom, which as I said might never make it to combat.

Sorry for berating your army, I didn't mean to make it sound as harsh as it does. Good luck.

fall3nang3l
26-11-2009, 00:17
why no ratling guns?!?

SirSnipes
26-11-2009, 00:20
just found out the games arenow 1999 points, so i have to change up the list, im really new to skaven, are ratling guns any good>?

bert n ernie
26-11-2009, 19:37
Wish I could tell you about rattling guns, but I haven't tried them myself yet.
Are you intending on taking much magic? Shooting?
It'd be interesting to see a posted 2000pt list to see where you're going with it.

SirSnipes
26-11-2009, 21:09
say no more, im considering dropping some stuff, is there some way to make a stormvermin army thats all good and such

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232526

polymphus
26-11-2009, 22:17
why no ratling guns?!?

Because they haven't been very good since the 6th edition? And the new ones remain not very good? They used to be the centrepiece of one of the game's cheesiest lists, but they're not any more. People need to get this into their heads already.

@Snipes, at 1000pts? Eeeh, I'd advise against it. At 2000pts you can cram in Queek and a BSB to give your blocks some more punch, but stormvermin are too expensive for smaller games. Pretty as hell and useful at 2250pts+, but I wouldn't try it here. If I did, maybe something like this?

Heroes

Chieftain
Weeping Blade, Portents of Verminous Doom
General
95pts

Chieftain
BSB, banner of clan superiority
100pts

Warlock Engineer
Lvl1 Wizard
Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll
115pts

Core

25 Stormvermin
Full Command, Shields
225pts

25 Stormvermin
Full Command, Shields
225pts

20 Slaves
40pts

20 Slaves
40pts

Rare

Doomwheel
150pts

As you can seem the army is just damn small. Skaven aren't good enough to justify such an elite army, and elite infantry armies tend to falter anyway.

If you've got the models, and best Skaven tournament army out there (for 1000pts) might be something like this.

Heroes

Warlock Engineer
Lvl1 Wizard
Dispel Scroll
General
90pts

Chieftain
BSB, banner of clan superiority
100pts

Core

25 Clanrats
Full Command, Shields
132.5pts

25 Clanrats
Full Command, Shields
132.5pts

25 Clanrats
Full Command, Shields
132.5pts

25 Clanrats
Full Command, Shields
132.5pts

15 Giant Rats
3 Packmasters
69pts

15 Giant Rats
3 Packmasters
69pts

15 Giant Rats
3 Packmasters
69pts

15 Giant Rats
3 Packmasters
69pts

+++

I've been playing Skaven horde for about 5 years now, and at smaller points levels it simply cleans up. Noone has enough firepower to deal with you at range while in CC you simply flee with bait and flank with another unit and let CR do the rest. If there's a unit of heavy hitters, just tease them away from the battle line and don't attack.

Poly