PDA

View Full Version : What's new today?

Weemo
25-11-2009, 22:01
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any other warseer's follow the GW blog?

I used to love seeing different cool models they got emailed in, however as of late I am bored of the Crimson Fist plugs, i mean three days of blue and red marines, and only for a few upgrade packs :o

Anyway perhaps i could get some feedback from anyone else who reads it, also here's a link for those who haven't seen it (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=6500009a) what do you think?

:D

spetswalshe
25-11-2009, 22:16
I've been so happy to see well-painted models. Even if they aren't converted, just the fact that they have different colours to the studio ones made me flap my hands together like a seal. It was basically a blog of a guy, who took some photos of other people's models when he saw them. But the last few days it's all been Crimson Fists, which rank up with Ultramarines as joint most boring thing in the hobby.

Honestly, I do hope they don't employ someone specifically to do this - I got the impression it was just some guy who said 'hey, people want to see all the awesome stuff that comes through here'. You know, like one of the phone guys. But now it's taken a serious selling angle...

lowrider
28-11-2009, 01:42
i check it out everyday i agree with you that all the crimson fists stuff is getting tiresome (how many times can you get excited about pics of yet another assault squad with red hands) and todays big advert was abit poor but i suppose there are christmas targets to hit so they gotta plug those shiny new boxsets :)

i think it would be better if it just concentrated on showing the minis being produced by the average gamer (ie the nicely painted or converted stuff from around the studio/average gamers) that shows people that you dont need to paint everything to eavy metal standard to have a good looking force and to encourage creativity within the hobby.

decker_cky
28-11-2009, 02:03
Ehhh....so long as the interesting stuff is mixed in there. Probably the best part of it (and least noticeable at a glance) is all the old articles that are getting buried in the depths of their new web design. Good articles. Bad web design.

Weemo
29-11-2009, 17:44
i agree the website is poorly done, and i am now very bored of crimson fists