PDA

View Full Version : Help naming my IG regiment

Davefromhull
18-05-2005, 09:37
Hi all, i am doing an IG regiment using the following doctorines Droptroops, Veterans, special weapon squads, Grenadiers and 1 other.

The idea behind it is that the regiment presents "soft" targets, ie artillery and tanks without support, and when the enemy attacks they drop in and surround them.

Anyone got any ideas for a name? Or even a place they can come from?

cheers

Berynius
18-05-2005, 10:48
How about the 3rd Kandori Strike Regiment.

They come from the planet Kandori Primus, a planet settled about 500 years ago by the 356th Blackwell Guard Regiment, as they had won the planet had had the right of settlement.

The Planet has a strong martial tradition and is ruled by families descended from the original officers of the Blackwell regiment.

Kandori is 80% water, and the landmasses are primarily located around the equator, and consist of thousands of small islands and atolls, because of this the Kandori are heavily dependent on air traffic and are used to being around aircraft, and jumping out of them from an early age.
When a child has reached the age of 15 he/she is can elect to pass the Trial of Induction, is involves being dropped from high altitude onto a uninhabited island and survive for 8 day with nothing but a hunting knife and some basic gear. Those who pass are Inducted in to the local PDF and recive further training. It is considered a great honour to be member of the PDF.

Well that was a start hope you can use it. Oh and one small thing, no sane general would ever use his artillery and tanks as bait in a trap, too many things could go wrong. And after the first time, the enemy would probably figure it out. Instead they could be experts in dropping in and reinforcing a part of the front that is starting to be overwhelmed or they could be part of at blitzkrieg type of operation.

Davefromhull
18-05-2005, 11:20
Thanks, thats great!

I like the idea of it being mostly water planet, i could also use some amphibious chimeras for Storm troopers. I am liking the idea of an assault/blitzkrieg stlye of play. With the army able to combine air and water assaults to suprise enemy positions they thought unassailable.

I could model some Vets/stormtroopers to look like SAS/Navy Seals.

Hows that?

Berynius
18-05-2005, 11:38
Sounds good, I like the idea of modelling Veterans/Stormtroopers on the SAS/SEAL's.
Also it sounds good with the a combined water/air assault, It would set them apart from most other regiments so they would probably be someone that a Warmaster/Imperial commander would call upon when he need someone to perform those type of operations.
That would give them a kind of elite status among the guard regiments, and they would be held back until a situation arouse that required their special talents. Like Gaunts Ghosts or the Elysian Droptroops.

Davefromhull
18-05-2005, 11:49
Yeh thats the image i was looking for! Here i was busting my brain for ideas, when all i needed to do was post on here!

I have got 22 ofthe elysians and loads of Kasirkin and plastic cadians. With a bit of remodelling i think i can get the look i am after.

I am thinking a dark blue base colour with grey stripes. What do you reckon?

StugMeister
18-05-2005, 12:03
Here's a list of Imperial planets you can choose from, bearing in mind that some might already have regiments existing in current fluff;

Avellorn
Kado
Lastrati
Metrolis
Vanaheim
Esteban VII
Gryphonne IV
Lucius
Ryza
Triplex Phall
Desenda
Korsk II
Luxor
Macharia
Pavonis
Rhanda
Bellis
Cassell
Chiros
Kaball II
Silvanos II
Verdan III
Arx
Fornoth
Lucan
Purgatory
Sentinel V
Ymgarl
Bakka
Cypra Mundi
Hydraphur
Kar Duniash
Agripinaa
Amistel
Barac
Byzra
Dentor
Dorn
Gathalamor
Kallastin
Thoth
Ulani
Xersia

I hope that helps? ;)

Davefromhull
18-05-2005, 12:06
Cheers! Thats some amount of planets! Any details on composition etc?

Berynius
18-05-2005, 12:55
I like your colour scheme, I think it will give them the right feel. It will emphasise their water connection and serve as a urban camouflage as well. And it will probably look pretty damm cool, so go for it.

Barbarossa
18-05-2005, 15:57
Hmm, for a regiment that likes to bait it's opponent and then reveals to be much harder than he thought a fitting name would be "Iron Petals" combine this with one of the planet names posted above and a regimental number and you're good to go.

Vanus
20-05-2005, 06:55
Hmm, for a regiment that likes to bait it's opponent and then reveals to be much harder than he thought a fitting name would be "Iron Petals"

HAHA. I love it. The Iron Petals. That just gave me the image of their symbol. A silver maple leaf (icanadian flag style).

StugMeister
20-05-2005, 08:09
Cheers! Thats some amount of planets! Any details on composition etc?

I wrote them all down to use as Civilization III cities :D

Dunno exact compoisitions I'm afraid. :(

Davefromhull
20-05-2005, 08:35
thanks for the help guys, when i have finalised the fluff, will post it here.

Dave