PDA

View Full Version : stand and shoot

Windir83
26-11-2009, 18:44
if a unit charges my dark elves from outside their 12" half range mark do I suffer the -1 for shooting at long range as well as the -1 for standing and shooting? reason I ask is because it says you can stand and shoot from over the maximum range of missile weapons (unless I misread the last time I checked :P) because the shooters will just wait until they are in range before shooting, which would make it logic for them to also wait for the best possible shot before letting lose a volley at whatever it is that's barelling down on them. :)

Ξ H2O Ξ
26-11-2009, 18:57
Yes as far as i know you'll suffer both -1 for s&s and -1 for long range. You are also correct that you can declare s&s from outside maximum range, just move the unit untill all models able to shoot at it are within range, pewpew and then continue charge move/panic.

Chiungalla
26-11-2009, 19:17
which would make it logic for them to also wait for the best possible shot before letting lose a volley at whatever it is that's barelling down on them. :)

They shoot as soon as they are within range.
Don't put to much logic into this game, if it is not backed up by rules.

PeG
26-11-2009, 19:30
The possible fluff reason being that the charged unit wants to put down their missile weapons as fast as possible to draw their swords/shields etc rather than waiting to the last moment.

Windir83
26-11-2009, 20:58
alright, good to know.

Lord of Skulls
26-11-2009, 21:29
However, if you can give the unit champion a weapon with a shorter range (like a pistol or a handbow, perhaps) the unit won't shoot until all models are in range. And at that time the rest of the unit is usually at short range...

May be a bit cheeky, but it is legal ;)

T10
26-11-2009, 22:55
Standard procedure for many Dwarf Thunderers and Dark Elf Shades out there.

-T10