PDA

View Full Version : Plague within

Gramolarian
26-11-2009, 19:25
Ok... I have some chaos warriors and marauders just laying around. Iīve always wanted to do strongly themed nurgle list but never had an idea before now.
I started to convert Big Cauldron of Pile (which would make my war altar) Carried with two rotting ogres. with this would follow two units of marauders (propably made from BoC Gors ... since I have loads of them too and no marauders.) Core of the force is 20 strong unit of chaos warriors aided with that plague special character (donīt remember the name) unit is in three ranks all width of 7. there would also be two units of nurgle rotten Ogres and ofcourse two spawns. Leading this puttid horde would be Nurgle Sorcerer Lord riding on Rotting Griffon (Manticore) or chaos dragon (which would make cool model)

List:

Sorcerer Lord
MoN, Manticore, 4th level
- Claive of putrefecation
- Enchanted Shield
- Warrior familiar
- Blasphemous Amulet
- Acid Ichor
- Diabolic Splendour
625 pts

Festus
185 pts

20 Chaos Warriors
- Mon, Full command
- Halberds, Shields
- Rapturous Standard (very very un-nurglish but this is great standard)
395 pts

20 Marauders
- Flails, Mon, Full Command
150 pts

20 Marauders
- Flails, Mon, Full Command
150 pts

5 Putid Hounds
- POISONED ATTACKS (lol - I know this is waste of points but what would nurgle warhounds be without poisoned fangs)
45 pts

5 Putid Hounds
- POISONED ATTACKS (lol - I know this is waste of points but what would nurgle warhounds be without poisoned fangs)
45 pts

3 Chaos Ogres of Nurgle
- MoN, Chaos Armor, Great Weapon, Champion
200 pts

3 Chaos Ogres of Nurgle
- MoN, Chaos Armor, Great Weapon, Champion
200 pts

War Altar of Nugle
160 pts

2 Spawns of Nurgle
170 pts

2325 poits .. '. so I have 175 poits to spare for 2500 points

what do ya thing ... does this suck or what =)

TheGuardian170
26-11-2009, 21:21
You equipped your Sorcerer to be a warrior... equip him to be a sorcerer lol. Its cool to give him ES and a Magic Weapon, but Skull of Katam or something like that would be useful too more so in fact.

Your unit of Warriors is a waste of points, break it into two units of 10 or if you have the models 12 (optimum # for Warriors 2*6)

You have six units worth mentioning, the dogs will just die so thats why I left them out (its their job so it's ok) You're going to get out maneuvered.

Use the remaining points on another War Shrine.

Fluff wise I love it, is it going to win...? I might have to say no, MoN is really nice so that could be your saving grace. Lets here how it works.

Cheers,

Guardian

Rawne
27-11-2009, 21:04
love the list fluff wise, im a fellow nurgling, listen to guardian, he knows his stuff, helped me out a lot. i agree on the warriors, making them into 2 units is plenty, they really dish the damaged and take it well aswell