PDA

View Full Version : Battlefleet Gothic to Man-o-War conversion

heretic
27-01-2006, 01:22
I feel this is time for a public release. This is a rules conversion from BfG to MoW (which is damn near impossible to find). They're still in early stages, but I'm asking anyone that has even a remote interest to please test these out and send me feedback. Create new ships, scenarios, tactics or point out mistakes or suggestions- I welcome all of it.

This is v0.1.5, anyone who has the original should download this because I have made some changes.

http://www.warpstorm.com/temp/BfG.rtf

*right click and save as*

edit: rolled back to 0.1.5 until I re-write version 0.2

crashbang
27-01-2006, 08:52
interesting. i, somewhat dissapointed that you didnt add much new. maybe for the wind effects, you could roll an artillery dice and scatter dice each turn, and thats what the ships must move unless theyve done some kind of special manouvere (drop sails, fight the wind, drop anchor) im looking forward to the orc rules. god knows what tactics they use at sea.

heretic
27-01-2006, 11:39
I haven't added much yet, my first goal was to actually port it over before modifying the dynamics.

There are a lot of details that are different, v2 had a different gunnery table, boarding actions were changed.

I have to re-do much of it. as to the wind I had to fight the temptation to do just what you suggested- hopefully to find a balance between what would be more "real" and what would be too many modifiers. if you have any thoughts on manouveres I'd like to hear them tho