PDA

View Full Version : help vs skaven

PeG
26-11-2009, 20:34
I play various armies and have lately been working on a slaanesh daemon army. In that army I dont use any greater daemon, no special characters and no -LD banner. Sometimes I include a tzeentch herald for magic defence otherwise it is a pure slaanesh list. With that list I normally have a about 50-50 win ratio depending on opponents and specific list used (normally it has problems against magic heavy lists and for example WoC with lots of armour).

However lately it is getting steamrolled by rats and I would like any advice that you may have how to beat them preferably within the restrictions I mentioned above. I have problems with magic heavy rats but can take that since that problem is similar to what happens against other magic heavy lists.

However if you have advice against the other two versions I normally face which is monks with furnaces and priests + doomwheels or clan rats with lots of warmachines + doomwheels I would be happy to hear it.

fubukii
27-11-2009, 00:41
try to use siren songs to set up flank charges on thier generals unit. Once the general is dead you get a good amount of vp and lower his armies ld. I would need to know more about what kind of skaven army you are facing to give you more advice, perhaps post both lists?

PeG
27-11-2009, 06:36
My core list

Daemonettes + herald
Daemonettes + herald
Seekers + herald
Tzeentch herald, spellbreaker
Fiends
sometimes with some added core flyers for marchblocking etc

with variations

My last opponent had
seer + bell
priest + furnace in monks
Priest + furnace in monks
doomwheel
doomwheel
2 x support unit with poisonous globes
3-4 units of slaves

Magic items inlcuded storm banner

At this point I have 1 massacre (he blow himself up) against him, 1 draw and several losses of various size.

I also see two other versions of skaven lists. One with going all out magic which is always a problem with my list and the other which I am better at dealing with that takes lots of clan rats and warmachines+ support.

I would really like to find a way to compete at equal terms without going for the more cheesy elements of the daemon lists since I also play a lot against elves, empire etc and I find my current list suitable for good games against most of these armies.

Bassik
28-11-2009, 11:03
Oh weak man, here you are using the most horribly broken army in the game, and you make a fun, characterful and balanced list with it, and then a Skaven player brings a list as broken as it can get with the rats. Not cool at all.

In my opinion, forget about playing fair for some games, show them how broken warhammer can be if everybody wants to win at all costs.

Blueskies
28-11-2009, 13:20
The doom wheel is trouble for any daemon army, as it's 3d6 inches can bring it into a charge quiet easily from any direction. try to get the charge on the wheels with your fiends , yeah you need 6's to wound but you should have outnumber and hopefully you did the same or more wounds thats too have lots of attacks. if you can enguage both wheels in the same turn you should be able to slink down the flanks with seekers and use siren to force the globes to charge. ASF and usually 6-7 with herald wide should give you enough dead globes and since your down the flank you won't have any charges to worry about make sure when you position the seekers you have some arc to the read or flank of the main blocks. use nettes to hold them off at the front, don't be agressive let them come to you. if you win the wheel combats you've got it in the bag, as you'll have units in all directions and you will be getting in for some multi combats where you should be rank negating, they might be unbreakable, but you will cut down the rats from all directions. Basically globes and wheel are your only problem as they can go in any direction, but the main blocks well you should be running rings around them.

fubukii
28-11-2009, 22:39
hmm he is running a very beastly list. i guess i would b glad he isnt also running PCB. Maybe try taking a keeper of secrets to kill his doomwheels and surround the 2nd wheel with furies so it cant move away.

Foegnasher
29-11-2009, 15:02
My last opponent had
seer + bell
priest + furnace in monks
Priest + furnace in monks
doomwheel
doomwheel
2 x support unit with poisonous globes
3-4 units of slaves

Magic items inlcuded storm banner

oh, one of those sort.

tell him i said he's a ***** punk. that is just about as WAAC as you can get. i am sorry you have to deal with this fool.

yorch
29-11-2009, 18:14
Yep, you are using a softened daemon list... which is FUN (I play half of my games with mono-slaanesh daemons but no Ld bomb) and he is playing WAAC... so the thing is clear... if he continues to play in that way, show him who is the cheesiest army of all... tailored daemons are brutal against everyone.

Anyway, I've tried to play without using GD in mono-slaanesh armies, but I think it's needed. Fiends are very good and all (I have 6 :D) but they are only S4, and you simply can't kill so many T6 targets... five in total is too much. You need a GD with soul hunger for that matter.

Gimp
29-11-2009, 18:24
Congrats on fielding a fun and themed Daemon list.

Sucks about your Skaven problem. Really that list is so dull i have no idea how he has any fun with it.