PDA

View Full Version : Righteous Zeal is gone :(

Hadafix
26-11-2009, 23:07
Just went to get a nice copy of the BT FAQ as theres a few new players at my LGS and its nice not to have to explain things to much, and there is no mention of RZ....:(

All it says now is to ignore all references to 'Massacre!' as rule does not exist in 5ed. :mad:

What now? It cant be a consolidate move as its to be ignored.

Link to FAQ (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1180125_Black_Templars_FAQ_2006-08_5th_Edition.pdf)

Imperius
26-11-2009, 23:11
Just because it hasn't been mentioned in the FAQ doesn't mean it is null and void.

The extra roll is taken exactly as a consolodation move.

Hadafix
26-11-2009, 23:19
I could take it that way, but I guarantee you that when I show someone the FAQ to get to use my EC as my sole HQ, I am going to get hit by the reference in the FAQ that the rule for Massacre is void and so is the move.

I could refuse to play that person, but I bet it will come up and be put just like that.

Ive been called on a few things in the codex already, only by one or two people, but they tend to be the people with the most say among a lot of the regs and will no doubt try it on the new guys.

I maybe able to get the staff to see it the way a lot of people say to play it, but that could leave me out in the cold or get a "grudging" few games with complaints of "cheese" made through out..

Imperius
27-11-2009, 03:05
Really? You're playing with the wrong people if they want to be idiots like that. I'm sure they're nice people and all, but if they go to such great lengths just to destroy a unique armies only chance of getting into combat... Well, yeah...

Dark_Templar
27-11-2009, 03:16
Well, since the FAQ only mentions a Drop Pod, Emperor's Champion, Commander, & Techmarine, they are obviously the only choices you have when making an army list. Since with those you cannot field an HQ and two Troops, you cannot battle, therefore your friends win.

Kinda silly really, isnt it?

This is not what FAQs are for. Everything you speak about is left for actual Codex releases, not CLARIFICATIONS.

p.s. Do the people you play realise that a Codex overrules the BRB? I mean, they can cry ferrets all they want, but you obviously have a group of nobs in your area (no offense to you, only the nobs in your area).

ReveredChaplainDrake
27-11-2009, 07:01
I could take it that way, but I guarantee you that when I show someone the FAQ to get to use my EC as my sole HQ, I am going to get hit by the reference in the FAQ that the rule for Massacre is void and so is the move.

I could refuse to play that person, but I bet it will come up and be put just like that.
Yeah, refusal to play is probably the best thing to do. If you're going up against a true rules lawyer, they're bound to bring up the "Assault Ramp glitch", which everybody and their cousin knows is an editorial oversight. Templars are the army you use against nice people.

I maybe able to get the staff to see it the way a lot of people say to play it, but that could leave me out in the cold or get a "grudging" few games with complaints of "cheese" made through out..
Do yourself a favor and don't. Just house rule it yourself. I took Warptime to a Redshirt once, and was not amused by his attempts to use Occam's Razor to circumvent the rules of the English language. Redshirts aren't rules boyz. Heck, if you're lucky, they're fellow gamers. But they're basically cashiers. If you bring a rule to them, they'll just impose the first rules interpretation that comes to mind. Your game. You rule it.

I mean, they can cry ferrets all they want, but you obviously have a group of nobs in your area (no offense to you, only the nobs in your area).
Yeah, Nobz ruin everythi- wait, wha?

Xelloss
27-11-2009, 08:05
"Righteous zeal is treated as a consolidation move after a massacre" : ignore massacre and that makes it "Righteous zeal is treated as a consolidation move". The FAQ only say (poorly, but that's GW trademark) there were two kind of consolidation move, and the standard one was removed with the 5th edition.

Don't forget that means that Righteous Zeal is a move up to 1D6, but any movement must be toward the nearest enemy unit (and not the nearest enemy model). Thus it is perfectly legal to stay still (on an objective or in a cover, or to ignore a dummy unit), or to move toward the edge of the nearest enemy unit.

Hadafix
27-11-2009, 14:34
I am using the INAT FAQ as a backup. They are likely to except that as clarification. :)

Thanks for the responses, as said, the FAQ does not make it 100% clear (if I can read it both ways, so can my opponent) and "worse" case is my normal reading when keeping in mind a couple of the people where I play.