PDA

View Full Version : "Counts as" WH army...Opinions?

antin3
27-11-2009, 02:11
Hi all I am currently working on a "counts as" WH army. I like the idea of a radical inquisitor leading his own personal force against chaos. His radical bent has isolated him a bit from the Imperium and he has personally funded a force of troops that have been equipped with specialized armor and boltguns.
On the table I will be using SM scouts to count as SoB. I'm converting an immolator so that a scout is sitting inside instead of a sister and I won't be adding any of the sisters iconography. Also I am using a scout sniper to count as a vindicare assassin.
My further ideas are to use a couple of whirlwinds to count as exorcists. I thought about using faith points as orders from the inquisitor. So what do you think? Any problems playing against this army?

Rabid Bunny 666
27-11-2009, 02:15
As long as its explained beforehand, I can't see a problem with it.

blackcherry
27-11-2009, 02:15
Well as long as they are painted and appropriate conversions are done, i.e. you file off the chaper symbols and paint the scouts to fit the inqisitorial astheic, I would have no problems with the idea of playing a list like that as long as it was explained to me clearly before I played you.

What you need to do now is see if your friends or club will allow it. They should be the ones you ask, not us. :)

Bregalad
27-11-2009, 02:18
Yes, there are ways to pass one of the most characterful model ranges, exchange them for Space Marines like everyone else's army and just use the mediocre rules of an outdated 3rd edition Codex. But why?

antin3
27-11-2009, 02:28
Bregalad- As for the characterful model ranges they are also metal characterful models and I dislike metal very much. Space marine scouts with catchan, Empire, Bretonnian and bare Cadian heads and all the chest eagles removed. Finally the rules may be 3rd edition and mediocre but I can live with that, I'm not a WAAC player. Besides sisters wouldn't hang out with a radical anyway.

Flypaper
29-11-2009, 03:49
In WYSIWYG terms there's a slight issue with the fact that SM scouts traditionally represent T4/4+ as opposed to T3/3+. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any plastic models with the latter statline, though.

(...Tau Stealth Suits? You've got to deal with the jump packs + wrong weapons then, though. :o )

Mind you, it's not a big problem, simply because Sisters' power armour has always been kinda... Skimpy, so claiming scout carapce armour = sororita power armour is something you can get away with as long as you bulk it up a tiny bit and make it clear to your opponent what you're doing.

(...crap, now I'm tempted by the idea of a converted all-stealth-suit army!)