PDA

View Full Version : What is the MOST competitive 2k VC list and why?

Lord Malorne
27-11-2009, 15:59
Title almost says it all, for 2000pts what is the hardest, most competitive Vampire Counts list and why? What lord and hero load outs does it have? What does it take for its Lord, Hero, Core, Special, Rare slots?

Have you taken one of the hardest builds? Have you faced one?

Let us know.

Slashattack
27-11-2009, 16:06
One which doesn't contain any wizards, wraiths or black nights then your on the money.

Chaseyboy1er
27-11-2009, 20:20
a big doggy death star list just off the top of my head.

Ozorik
27-11-2009, 20:51
The most 'competative' as in least fun to play against but near autowin list, is a big block of bloodknights with the drakenhoff banner, the shooting ward banner, lead by a vampire lord with that magic weapon that autohits and the bloodline that allows him an additional attack for each hit. The rest of the army is as cheap as possible, 2 units of 10 ghouls for instance.

It does have weaknesses but point for point its outrageous to the point that I will never play against it ever again. Frenzy baiting is also far harder than people say it is if you know what you are doing.

I presume that this is to teach someone a valuable life lesson?

Caiphas Cain
27-11-2009, 20:55
The most 'competative' as in least fun to play against but near autowin list, is a big block of bloodknights with the drakenhoff banner, the shooting ward banner, lead by a vampire lord with that magic weapon that autohits and the bloodline that allows him an additional attack for each hit. The rest of the army is as cheap as possible, 2 units of 10 ghouls for instance.

It does have weaknesses but point for point its outrageous to the point that I will never play against it ever again. Frenzy baiting is also far harder than people say it is if you know what you are doing.

That sounds like one mean list. The regen GG are pretty nasty too.

Ozorik
27-11-2009, 20:58
Yes but they are a lot slower and don't hit any where near as hard.

gerrymander61
27-11-2009, 21:22

Yeah... That power only gives an additional attack for each unsaved wound, and the additional attacks never generate more attacks. It's still beastly, but nowhere near unbeatable.

Lord Malorne
27-11-2009, 21:23
What about builds without eggs in one basket?

Ozorik
27-11-2009, 21:41
Yeah... That power only gives an additional attack for each unsaved wound, and the additional attacks never generate more attacks. It's still beastly, but nowhere near unbeatable.

I've not played it in ages so I wasnt sure on the specifics. Its not unbeatable but its damn powerful, that lord killed 7 Dwarfs on its first charge.

What about builds without eggs in one basket?

Very magic heavy would probably be the way to go then.