PDA

View Full Version : khornate orcs and magic.... a problem....

nurgle_boy
18-05-2005, 09:07
ok, some people know im going to do a khorne worshipping savage orc army, but then there comes the problem of magic..... ill need some shamans for dispelling, but khorne doesnt like magic. i thought maybe i could have warcries instead. used the same way as magic, with the same effects......

a slightly odd orc, could easely have an influence on his tribe with some very loud shouting.... or even hurt the enemy. (loud shouting gives you a headache, a slightly shamanistic loud noise, boom!)

would khorne frown apon this to much, or would he see it as a sign of battle fury?

i thought that irrisistable force, could be khorne smiling apon the shaman warcry-er, and a miscast would be khorne getting angry as the shamans warcries are too magical....

anyway, what do you people think?

adreal
18-05-2005, 10:14
sound plausable, remeber it is your game and your friends so if it's cool with you guys, go for it

Rathgar
18-05-2005, 10:55
MAGIC?!? MAGIC IS FOR THE WEAK! KHORNE FAVOURS ONLY THE STRONG! YOU SHOULD SPILL BLOOD IN THE THICK OF COMBAT AND SNAP BONES AND CHEW SINEW IN THE NAME OF THE SKULL LORD!!!
oh wait you're shouting at them? ah... thats ok, because KHORNE ALSO FAVOURS THE SHOUTY!!! carry on with the carnage then.

Seriously, I agree with adreal.
The warcry idea. Nice way to explain it :D

6th and Final Champion
18-05-2005, 11:50
Wow, I genuinely like that idea. Im kinda disappointed you thought of it first. Id say its a good enough reason to have magic. Though some of the spells such as the magic missle might not be explained so well, but hey, you can always not use it right?

nurgle_boy
18-05-2005, 15:59
ah, ive thought up names for the spells, including magic missles, the only problem is, do they at all sound convincing?

Gaze of mork- word of pain, the warcrier becomes possesed by a khornate daemon, and speaks the dreaded words of pains. upon hearing the words, the victems combust, and explode in a bloody shower.

Fists of gork- blood charge, the warcrier shouts his furious cry, and his fellow warriors begin to become more frenzied than ever. their frenzied souls depart from their bodies, and rush into the enemy shedding blood. this shedding of blood keeps their empty vessels alive.....

eadbut- soul destroyer, the warcrier releases a scream that tears the fabric of space. a rushing noise fills the targets head, before their brains bleed, before exploding in a gory shower.

brainbursta- Death cry, the warcriers fury is released in a cry so loud the souls of the enemy are destroyed, and the fragments sent to the blood gods domain to be forever tourtured.

the hand of gork-blood frenzy, the warriors become frothing maniacs and charge asfast as they can to slay for their god.

morkl save us-fate of slayers, khorne gides the path of his warhost, letting them live to collect skulls for his throne

gorkll fix it- wall of blood, the ground splits, and a wall of magical burning blood sprays up shielding the unit from missle fire and weapon blows, even those with the keenest edge swung by the strongest arm.

bash em lads- quickblood, khorne smiles apon his warriors, and their blood quickens, theiy strike faster, destroying them with the speed of their blows.

foot of gork- khornes great axe, a huge etherial axe carved with glowing runes of the blood god, falls from a blood red sky, striking an enemy unit. then turning into a wave of blood

gorks warpath- khornes warpath, the sky turns a deep red, and it begins to rain blood, an etherial axe falls from these corrupt skies and strikes unit after unit, not caring which side from which blood is spilled.

waaaaaaargh-khornate death frenzy, khornes warhost is vercome by rage, and the whole army rushes forward in screams of fury to their god.

basically, the spells are renamed, and triggered by a warcry

so, whaddaya think, and sorry for the long post....

Snoozer
18-05-2005, 18:22
the names were ok, but to me a warcry sound more like a bound spell... don't know why but it does.

and oh, you forgot the "Here we go!" spell.

otherwise a very good idea

:)