PDA

View Full Version : Drycha army

Hertic Bane
28-11-2009, 21:21
Okay now im not the best warhammer fantasy player but i was wondering if im the only one who has noticed that a wood elf drycha army. kind just gets beat by eall the new armys as your base save of 5+ is taken away by all magic weapons also drycha her self is a bit over priced and a bit rubbish for a combat lord. I have seen her be killed by a vampiren (hero) of almost half the points. am i the only one who has noticed this or is there just something im missing

zoggin-eck
28-11-2009, 22:26
I always thought that a forest spirit army was more for fun than being a super powerful option. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Besides, your examples don't really add up. I've seen high elf special characters taken down by common goblin lords, That's not the rule's fault.

I don't think that there are all that many magic attack from the new armies. If it's skaven you're thinking of, then I think that's silly. Of course they do!

Tastyfish
28-11-2009, 22:30
Drycha's not a combat lord though, she's an army specific lord like Skarsnik or 40K's Farsight. You get more dispell dice and the ability to teleport your units into any wood, that's what you are paying points for.

Lord Malorne
28-11-2009, 22:44
OP:Your english is atrocious, one of the forum rules is to right so people can understand you, as warseer has many international members, just take a little more time when you are writing.

On topic. I used to play a Drycha army and yes, she does suck, but the abilities she gives is why I took it, the peak-a-boo of treemen from any wood on the battlefield is very usueful and can be game winning if used right, I do agree on DoC but all other armies released are not as bad to play against, just persevere, try using a new strategy, see what your weakness' are and turn them to strengths.

Lord Malornefish

enyoss
28-11-2009, 22:59
OP:Your english is atrocious, one of the forum rules is to right so people can understand you, as warseer has many international members, just take a little more time when you are writing.

I hope that was deliberate ;). You make a good point though!

As others say though, there's more to Drycha than close combat. It's the other interesting abilities you take her for.

Lord Malorne
28-11-2009, 23:05
It was ;).

You can also take wild riders (such a great unit) as they have the forest spirit rule, adds a lot to the list.

Lord Malorneoss

Red Metal
28-11-2009, 23:27
OP: You may notice that there are alot of things in WFB that take more finesse than a beatstick Vampire Hero/Lord. You can't measure every special character or Hero/Lord build type against just one function in the game - that's silly. I don't expect a WE Spellsinger to beat a Vampire in close combat, but that's not why I'd take a Spellsinger in the first place.

Besides, the Drycha model rocks my socks...

explorator
29-11-2009, 00:32
The strength of a Drycha list is the Tree-kin and Treemen, and Drycha lists were getting owned before most of the new books even came out. Drycha is very vulnerable as a general, and easily killed in hth, or run down by heavy cav.

It can win vs certain armies, but its power has certainly dropped in comparison with many other builds from the Wood Elf book.