PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia Wish List

Ambull Tau
29-11-2009, 01:36
So, you get to take one 'old school' 40K model and update into a highly detailed, awesome character model.

For me, as the name suggests, it would have to be a reimagining of the Ambull (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ambull) as a detailed, dreadnought size model.

A heavily armoured, close assault piece, possibly in the Tau/Kroot. Sculpted to look like it could shrug off plasma blasts and tear Space Marines in two.

What would you re-imagine?

MajorWesJanson
29-11-2009, 05:38
AdMech Archmagos. With his retinue.

Ozendorph
29-11-2009, 08:05
Zoats. I have no good reason, I just want to see them back and taking names.

sucramreverse
29-11-2009, 08:58
I second Zoats, but with a better name and part of the Tau's greater good. they really need more than 3 species, and centaurians would work well. I think.

the1stpip
29-11-2009, 09:36
Genestealer Hybrids. The entire range, and a lot of the imagined stuff like Limousines.

leonmallett
29-11-2009, 11:58
Zoats. I have no good reason, I just want to see them back and taking names.

I second Zoats, but with a better name and part of the Tau's greater good. they really need more than 3 species, and centaurians would work well. I think.

A third for Zoats, but I think the name is cool.

As a singular model a representative of the Tau Empire.

I would love a stand-alone army instead.

Thud
29-11-2009, 15:29
Doomrider!

Moriarty
29-11-2009, 16:58
Zoats? I think Nick Bibby is still for hire...

Sir_Lunchalot
29-11-2009, 16:59
I'm surprised it took this long... Squats. The archetype has potential, if they go away from the silly quilted armour.

Shiodome
29-11-2009, 17:11
i want them to make it mandatory for everyone to have a red gun again.

LonelyPath
29-11-2009, 17:25
I second both the Genestealer Hybrids (and Magi) and also lend another vote to Zoats, they were all cool models and deserve a reworking.

While I'm at it I'd like to see a new version of the old RT SM mini with the bare right arm, really cool to look at.

And while I'm at it, all of the Adventurer minis and terminator Inquisitors.

Grapeshot
29-11-2009, 17:34
Genestealers Hybrids, Patriarch and Magi. Really strange to have them removed from WH40K...

Ironmonger
29-11-2009, 18:03
I'm surprised it took this long... Squats. The archetype has potential, if they go away from the silly quilted armour.

Hey, that armour works just fine for the Elysians...

As for Squats... (ahem): new exo-armour, Guild Engineers, Termites, Living Ancestors/Ancestor Lords, Hearthguard, etc...

Urath
29-11-2009, 18:05
The old MK.I Land Raider and the Spartan.

baphomael
29-11-2009, 18:50
Doomrider!

seconded!!!

The Anarchist
29-11-2009, 19:55
Zoats do seem to me a good one to bring back, though being part of Tau might well make sense, however Squats as Demiurg joining the Tau might make more sense. either would be brilliant re-editions to the army.

Trogdor
29-11-2009, 20:17
Tough call. I'd be very happy to see a resculpt of the Adeptus Arbites, complete with Judge models - after all, the 41st millenium needs justice too! More Genestealer hybrids for me to put in cardboard boxes and not get round to painting would be nice as well.

Sir_Lunchalot
30-11-2009, 03:09
Judge Dreddhammer for Emperor!

Tethylis
30-11-2009, 03:49
More Genestealer hybrids for me to put in cardboard boxes and not get round to painting would be nice as well.

Glad am not the only one that does that ;)

Genestealer patriarch would be nice too...oh wait is'nt that a broodlord now :p

Thud
30-11-2009, 03:55
Tough call. I'd be very happy to see a resculpt of the Adeptus Arbites, complete with Judge models - after all, the 41st millenium needs justice too! More Genestealer hybrids for me to put in cardboard boxes and not get round to painting would be nice as well.

Arbites would be pretty sweet. That way I wouldn't have to fork out millions of pounds to get together my future Guard army. Damn Necromunda prices! :p

mightymconeshot
30-11-2009, 05:28
the catchan devil.

Ambull Tau
02-12-2009, 01:13
the catchan devil.

As part of the catachan boxed set? Some Catachan Devil eggs or nest would make awesome scenery.

Bunnahabhain
02-12-2009, 02:36
Catachan devil eggs?
Try some hazlenuts. They make awesome eggs for nasty predatory animals, and they work whole or broken open. I am being serious.

For me? Boarboyz. Preferably by FW. I don't care about the expense, as I'm not an Ork player....

Tethylis
02-12-2009, 03:39
I would like to see the old Goff Ork's Rok Band get back together for a reunion gig :D
"It's not easy being green"

Ricken
02-12-2009, 09:07
Not sure if what I want ever had a model but here it goes:
Orks with gear that's lol!
Telescope Eyes and Track-legs, Bomb implant in head and so forth...

gwarsh41
02-12-2009, 17:10

I will second this. If GW can get space dwarves looking as nice as the fantasy dwarves it would be amazing.
Ratlings are just fuzzy footed tiny people.

Cheeslord
02-12-2009, 17:17
All catachan Native Flora and Fauna army ... face eaters, brain trees, those spiky bushes that turn you into ... more spiky bushes (Can't remember if they're all catachan but all were in original RT as dangerous lifeforms)

OK an army is unrealistic but maybe some models and rulesets for them as "battlefield hazards" more detailed than just dangerous terrain. Maybe players dice for control of them each turn.

... and Squats again, of course!!! Everyone loves Squats. In Termites and Moles, with Mole Mortars and Thud guns and Airships and Trains...