PDA

View Full Version : throgg the troll king

Rawne
29-11-2009, 16:04
hey, im using throgg in my WoC army, but i really cant see anything that could be used to make the guy, any1 have any tips or suggestions? (not done very much modeling and very little converting so nothing to hard lol)

Spoik
29-11-2009, 16:32
Well, I guess he should be recognisable as a troll, so you should aim for the typical GW troll shape - tall and sinewy, with a pot belly, short legs, and long simian arms.

He should also look somewhat menacing and powerful... maybe the plastic daemon prince kit would be a good start? Kit bash with spawn parts, rat ogres, any ogre-sized bits you find interesting, really... maybe greenstuff on a bit of a belly...

Eta
29-11-2009, 16:49
What about the troll king from Gribbly Miniatures? I am going to buy it after Christmas when I hopefully have some money to spare.

Greetings
Eta

Orcboy_Phil
29-11-2009, 17:10
Well, I guess he should be recognisable as a troll, so you should aim for the typical GW troll shape - tall and sinewy, with a pot belly, short legs, and long simian arms.

He should also look somewhat menacing and powerful... maybe the plastic daemon prince kit would be a good start? Kit bash with spawn parts, rat ogres, any ogre-sized bits you find interesting, really... maybe greenstuff on a bit of a belly...

That sounds a lot like the giant kit. Would take a lot of Greenstuff, but certainly possible. You'd also proberly have to greenstuff a head as well. I don't think therte are any torll heads big enougth.

SirSnipes
29-11-2009, 17:39
not gonna lie, the lotr troll kit comes with a naked chest thats like a beer belly and looks AMAZING

Lordsaradain
29-11-2009, 19:11
What about the troll king from Gribbly Miniatures? I am going to buy it after Christmas when I hopefully have some money to spare.

Greetings
Eta

That looks like an excellent representation of throgg imo.

Jind_Singh
29-11-2009, 20:07
my mate also took the ogre kingdoms gorger and worked on it a little bit (crown, belly, etc) and it looks solid!

Hiportes
29-11-2009, 20:33
If you're willing to spend the money, the Gribbly Troll King posted by Eta is a great model. I purchased one myself and it looks terrific on the tabletop.

Rawne
29-11-2009, 20:50
If you're willing to spend the money, the Gribbly Troll King posted by Eta is a great model. I purchased one myself and it looks terrific on the tabletop.

how big is the model, as it looks pretty huge lol but yeah it is a nice looking model, i was thinking using a lotr troll and doing head swap

Avian
29-11-2009, 21:15
A friend of mine based his on a Yhetee with a good deal of Spawn parts and a crown made from green stuff.

Rawne
29-11-2009, 22:06
ive been looking an reckon a Ogre Kingdoms Gorger with the arm raised modeled to be holding a weapon(club, sword, of somekind) a chaos troll head in place of the gorgers could work, with a bloated green stuff tummy. what ya think?

Taishar
29-11-2009, 22:39
http://privateerpress.com/hordes/gallery/trollbloods/warbeasts/dire-troll-mauler

Or one of the other troll line that they have is what I'd use.

Cheers

kraken
30-11-2009, 02:49
I must say I like the troll king from gribbly, how much ?

M.

Revlid
30-11-2009, 10:50
The Troll King (http://www.gribblyminiatures.co.uk/gallery_trollking.php) is 24 (http://www.gribblyminiatures.co.uk/gallery.php). Pretty good.

Wow. I mean, I might actually start a Troll army (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3645976&postcount=11) at some point, purely based around this guy.

kraken
30-11-2009, 11:20
Valkia + Throgg = core choice chaos trolls, throw in two warshrines and some chosen

Sweet .....

M.

O&G'sRule
30-11-2009, 19:49
how big is the model, as it looks pretty huge lol but yeah it is a nice looking model, i was thinking using a lotr troll and doing head swap

The gribbly miniatures one is around the size of a giant, some people I play think its too big, some don't. I'm not sure but it does look lovely. I have 1 of every stone troll, river troll, standard troll and most of the LOTR trolls in my troll army. He stands out amongst them all so I think hes perfect as throgg. I had a troll army in 4th ed based on all the stone river trolls with my own troll king and wizard, so I had to do a legal army when I had the chance

x1xx1x
30-11-2009, 22:23
what about one of the old giants that come in a pair with the wizard that are dogs of war troops?

Rawne
30-11-2009, 22:45
the giants of albion? hmm mayb, but issue with making a troll head for something that size lol, i do think i could get away with using a gouger and doing a head swap and some slight conversion work to the raised hand by puttin a chaos troll hand weapon there and taking a crown from a dwarf lord mayb

Cypher, the Emperor
01-12-2009, 01:46
maybe the plastic daemon prince kit would be a good start?

Oh....

If only...

:rolleyes:

Tah Kazak Rik
01-12-2009, 05:47
hey, im using throgg in my WoC army, but i really cant see anything that could be used to make the guy, any1 have any tips or suggestions? (not done very much modeling and very little converting so nothing to hard lol)

My friend and I converted him by using a Chaos Lord Rune Axe and put it in his hand, molded a jeweled belt of green stuff, and a crown thing from Empire General Spure. Then we made him a sack carried by a little mutant thing that is filled with jewels.

Horus38
01-12-2009, 07:37
Oh....

If only...

:rolleyes:

lol, beat me to it. I just came from a thread on that topic.

To the OP: I'd recommend the Dire Troll or Troll King, otherwise you're going to need some heavy converting from the existing GW lineup.

O&G'sRule
02-12-2009, 00:44
the giants of albion?

They should be banished from memory, not reused. Vile models

The Beast Walks Among Us
02-12-2009, 02:56
How about this little beauty?

http://cgi.ebay.com/WH-MPG-Converted-Un-Painted-Chaos-King-of-the-Trolls_W0QQitemZ330380535577QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cec36e719

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
02-12-2009, 03:20
^^^
wow, that guy has some neat stuff...