PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen Fluff (Thunder Lizards, etc)

GenerationTerrorist
30-11-2009, 00:44
Hi guys. I'm seriously loving my Lizardmen army at the moment, such a great set of models and history/fluff to create themed armies around.

I am kind of interested though in what the perceived imagery people have for the Thunder Lizards that are often mentioned in the army book. In pure Dinosaur terms, the Thunder Lizard was, I believe, the translation from Latin for Brontosaurus/Apatosaurus. So is that the sort of thing GW has in mind for them?

I would also be greatful if any wise heads out there could identify what the large, flying, two-tailed serpent is in the artwork, top of page 5 in the book.

Bard Harlock
30-11-2009, 00:56
I would also be greatful if any wise heads out there could identify what the large, flying, two-tailed serpent is in the artwork, top of page 5 in the book.

Quetzalcoatl is the real name for the Mesoamerican god. I forget what they are called in the Army Book. Quetzl or something, I believe. They are mentioned in some fluff text once or twice.

ETA: Coatl is what they are called. Boxed text, page 16.

Orcboy_Phil
30-11-2009, 00:56
Yes the thunderlizards are Saurpods, thougth I'd suggest you use a mixture of different dinosaur parts, such a clubbed tail or a sail back. Another idea is to use a Toroton as the basis for you conversion.

Also I think you mean This (http://www.solegends.com/citcat912/c20301monsters-h.htm)

GenerationTerrorist
30-11-2009, 01:11
Fantastic, thanks guys :-)

Onisuzume
30-11-2009, 01:22
The army book also mentions the Culchan, which are large, carnivorous, flightless birds. Sort of like meat-eating rheas.

Gork or Possibly Mork
30-11-2009, 05:26
It also mentions elementals ( air and water IIRC ) and lobotimized humans somewhere.

I was actually thinking of converting some lobotimized humans from empire flagellents ( counts as ranked skinks ) and scultpting some water elementals ( counts as kroxigors ) and maybe Coatl's to be the air elementals ( counts as terradons )

and using a toy Saurpod for a thunder lizard ( counts as steg ancient ).

You could also do some culchan riders ( counts as coldone cav )

Never got around to doing any of this but it gave me ideas.