PDA

View Full Version : Assault on Black reach - orks

selone
30-11-2009, 14:58
Heya folks, managed to pick up some Ork's thanks to you guys advice on the cheap but I'm undecided about assault on black reach, can I ask a quick question do the 20 ork's come with options for shootas or is it just sluggas and do the nobz come with options for power klaws/big choppas?

Cheers

lachlin
30-11-2009, 15:00
Boyz come with slugga/choppa. The Nobz do as well.

big squig
30-11-2009, 15:01
All the orks and nobz just have sluggas/choppas. A couple of orks have big shootas. That's it. The warboss has a power klaw and a shoota, the three deffkoptas have rokkit launchas.

selone
30-11-2009, 15:02
Cheers, thank you, thats a bit disapointing but c'est la vie.

Brucopeloso
30-11-2009, 15:05
Yup, just sluggas and choppas but very very easy to convert if you have some spares...... been there and done it : )))

DomCurious
30-11-2009, 15:05
you get a total of 18 slugga boyz and 2 big shoota boyz. It's designed to be a starter set so the options have been made for you but a little conversion can go a long way =D

DuskRaider
30-11-2009, 15:39
I did the same, I picked up over 100 AoBR Boyz off of eBay (it's so cheap you can't help it!). Truthfully, you can simply snip off their existing arms and throw on Shoota ones fairly easily.

marv335
30-11-2009, 16:37
AoBR comes with no options whatsoever, but at the price you pay for it, it's still wonderful value.
For my deffcoptas, I just clipped the ends off the rokkits and drilled a hole in the end. Instant Big Shoota.
Add a sentinel close combat attachment, and there is an easy buzzsaw.
The Nobs, if you have some warbikers, the PK and big Choppa from that is compatible with the Nobs. and as for the boys, I like a unit of sluggaboys in my army for added HtH punch.

meno1
30-11-2009, 22:33
Sorry to detract a little but what options do the space marines get? I'm wanting to get a AoBR set, a DA Vet. box and the DA conversion sprue to start a smal DA force, and was wondering if I'd need a weapon pack as well to get some more special weapons.

Dark_Templar
30-11-2009, 22:58
Honestly, I could buy the AoBR Orks till my wallet bleeds, because they are so easy to tinker with, and the Warboss is AWESOME!

But, I will not be buying ANY of the Space Marines for anything other than my three year-old to practice on, since they are just so static and if I wanted pop-together SM, I would find my copy of Space Crusade.

wilsonian
30-11-2009, 23:00
The marines get normal bolters, I think a flamer and a missile launcher. Unsure if you can change their weapons but the models I've seen looked a bit tricky. :(

animush
30-11-2009, 23:29
They have open copies at all games workshops right? You can just go in and open the box and see whats inside.

DuskRaider
01-12-2009, 02:11
The Deffkoptas alone are worth it. The metal one looks like crap, I've been trying to buy up as many AoBR ones as I can since they're so much nicer.

Dark_Templar
01-12-2009, 03:35
The Deffkoptas alone are worth it. The metal one looks like crap, I've been trying to buy up as many AoBR ones as I can since they're so much nicer.

Seriously, AoBR Deffkoptas FTW. The standard ones from GW are bog compared to these.

LonelyPath
01-12-2009, 11:19
I love the slugga boyz, I currently have 3 mobs of 30 of them alone in my Ork army. I'll be building up a large unit of shoota boyz next though. But Black Reach is excellent value and the koptas are worth more than the value of the set alone. If you can find someone willing to go halves on a set (like what I did with them wanting the marines) then it's even more of a steal for you both.

Also, I much prefer the twin-linked rokkits to the big shootas on the metals.

Fallen of Nine
28-12-2009, 05:45
I was looking into it and it seems that on the game workshop sit it list what comes with it.

LonelyPath
28-12-2009, 13:37
Sorry to detract a little but what options do the space marines get? I'm wanting to get a AoBR set, a DA Vet. box and the DA conversion sprue to start a smal DA force, and was wondering if I'd need a weapon pack as well to get some more special weapons.

The AoBR marines will come with a flamer and missile launcher. The DA Vets box will give you another flamer, a meltagun, plasma gun and another missile launcher. The Upgrade kit (which contains 2 veteran sprues) will give no other special weapons, but it WILL give you more than enough poer weapons to equip an average sized army plus give you pieces for Deathwing terminators and with some cutting you can give a AoBR termie a assault cannon (from the veterans sprue).

You also get loads of extra bits and pieces to stick on your models as well to decorate them all.

Your puchases will give you 1 captain, 1 ten-man tactical squad, 5 terminators, 1 dreadnought and 15 robed (veteran) marines. A great start for a DA force, just add some transports and another DA upgrade kit or 2 and a Devvastator Squad box at a later date.