PDA

View Full Version : Daemonic Legion

Fenrir
30-11-2009, 14:26
Hello,

Been considering investing in a nice daemon army for Warmaster, and was wondering what people generally thought of them?

Also, I note in the list that theres no specific marks for anything - just one listed rolled together. I assume this prompts liberal use of "counts as"?

Cpt. Drill
30-11-2009, 22:29
Daemon legion is a really good army, some say a little overpowered. That said it is a difficult for beginners but dont let that put you off. There are alot of great units in the army so its hard to go wrong with a list but you need to learn to balance your magic in it.

There are no specific gods just use whatever medels you like as long as they are clear.

They are also a fairly elite army so they dont cost to much and they difinatly have some of the best sculpts for warmaster! (Those horrors are simply devine!) Not to mention alot of scope for conversions, using warhammer scale demons for some of your units looks great on the battlefield. I Played a full khorne army that had Warhammer bloodletters as its daemonic beasts and that unit look great crashing around the battlefield.

azraelezekiel
01-12-2009, 06:49
Like the Cpt. said very nice army.
Great models, loads of scope for making your own (50% of mine is home made) which helps keep the cost down.
They are tricky to play first off, but my advice is print out the tiles for high elves, learn the rules whilst you are collecting your daemons :)
That way you are not buying an army just to learn with.
Once you figure out the tricks, they are a very difficult army to stop.
You can also theme an army to a specific power if you wish.

Check out my sig for images of my army.
DAX has also a very nioce custom daemon army.

azraelezekiel
01-12-2009, 06:52
The tiles can be found here.
http://sites.google.com/site/wmplaytest/work-in-progress-1/publications

Fenrir
01-12-2009, 08:28
Thanks very much. Most useful.

I've got some of the old Epic juggers, which I can convert for daemon beasts, but I fancy using some of those Kislevite Bears too - perhaps moving the juggers to daemon cavalry and the bears to beasts. Or vice versa.

Shame that the Bloodthirster is a bit of a crappy sculpt, compared to the other Greaters (I'm a Khorne man)

azraelezekiel
01-12-2009, 09:06
The epic juggers are a little bit small (6mm rather than 10mm).
You can get a (1) juggernaut in one of the heroes packs.
As for the bears, they are now out of print so fetch a high price whenever they come up on eBay.

Fenrir
01-12-2009, 13:32
I don't think one juggernaut is gging to be enough for a full unit though, whereas I have ten old ones sitting around indoors.