PDA

View Full Version : 2000 WoC Input Pls

Dark_Wit
30-11-2009, 16:14
Hello, I am new here and am just getting back into war hammer after taking a break for several years. I am working on getting a competitive 2k Army list together that is balanced enough that I can use it against most armies. So any input is greatly appreciated, especially critiques on my Sorc Lord build and such.

-Sorc lord lvl 4, MoT, Rending Sword, Armor of Mordslib, Spell familiar, Third eye. Mounted Steed
-Sorc Hero lvl 2, MoN, Infernal Puppet, Mounted Steed
-10 Chaos Warriors,MoN Full Command, Blasted banner (Plan on putting my Sorcs in here, have no idea where else to put them)
-4 Chaos orges MoK, Muscian, Standard, GW's
-6 Chaos Knights MoN, Lances, Full Command, Banner of Rage
-1 Exalted Mok, Glaive, Jugger, Bronze Armor Zahrrak, Favor of Gods (goes with Knights)
-5 Marauder Horsemen MoS, Flail, Throwing Spear, Shield
-5 Marauder Horsemen MoS, Flail, Throwing Spear, Shield
-5 Chaos Hounds
-5 Chaos Hounds

akgaroth
30-11-2009, 19:18
Uh, I'd suggest you to give to your great sorcerer a disc of tzeentch, golden eye of tzeentch, either Blood of tzeentch or the spell familiar and two power stones or a single power stone with the book of secrets: use the first turns to drain your opponent's dispell scrolls and after you do so use the power stones to launch Infernal gateways (hopefully you'll get it) and any magic missile you get. You take a great sorcerer to cast a lot of spells, not to fight in CC and the disc is needed to keep him far from it.
About your other choices I think that you should consider the option to substitute the exalted champion for another sorcerer of level 2: if you're going to use a great sorcerer I think you should go more magic heavy to make your magic phase more effective. If you want to keep the exalted champion I'd suggest you to change the glaive for a sword of power, as the glaive is useless against models with good AS; it's awersome against big monsters with no AS, but they're not all that common.
Lastly, drop the javelins and the shields from your horsemen as they are not all that effective; just keep them cheap.

Your army looks fine, play some matches to realize yourself what your army may need, as everyone has its own style.

Dark_Wit
30-11-2009, 21:46
Thnk you very much for the critiques I however like the model very much of the hero on the jugger so really want to use it.

Rosstifer
30-11-2009, 21:52
Why the lances on the Knights? Having played a few game with them, they really are a waste of points.

Dark_Wit
01-12-2009, 04:44
I thought the strength 2 on the charge might be worth something but the general consensus is that is not. So I have changed it and am now trying to find a fit i like btter for my lord and hero I will post an updated list soonish.

Dark_Wit
01-12-2009, 06:10
Updated Army List

5x marauder Horsemen MoS,Flail

6x Chaos Knights, FC, MoN, Banner of Rage
^1x Exalted MoK jugger, Sword of Might, Bronze Armor, Favor of the Gods(goes in unit above)

3x Chaos Orges MoK, GW, AHW, Musician, Banner

5x Chaos Knights, FC, MoK,
^1x Lvl 2 Sorc, MoN, Mounted, Enchanted shield(0+As), Infernal puppet (Goes in Unit above)

1x Sorc Lord, Disc, MoT, Armor of Mordslibb, Spell Familiar, Golden eye of Tzeenth, Book of Secrets, Blood curtling roar, third eye of tzeenth

I was going to deploy each unit of marauders as a screen for each of my specials and have my sorc lord floating in the back. Thoughts and comments are appreciated.