PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Demon Prince

Horus38
30-11-2009, 17:39
Was scrolling through the WoC book and realized they had a full page layout of the new plastic demon prince, which as far as I can tell by checking the GW website just now, is STILL NOT ON SALE!!!

I'd heard some rumblings awhile back regarding it being delayed for Planetstrike in 40k, but that has come and gone. Am I missing something here?

Bdt501
30-11-2009, 17:43
yeah it will be a nice model if ever it arrives

klstrider28
30-11-2009, 17:44
no you know as much as we do.
the main rumor is that they are waiting for an opportunity to release the model alongside more chaos (IE daemon second wave, etc.) as GW tends to release things in groups.
that being said this discussion already exists somewhere, so this thread will probabally be closed

loveless
30-11-2009, 17:44
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143376 :mad: I was expecting information from this thread. OP did not deliver.

blongbling
30-11-2009, 20:30
the original idea was that it would be launched in the second batch of chaos launches

Red Metal
30-11-2009, 21:21
Does anyone have a pic of this Daemon Prince?

I don't play Daemons, but would certainly be interested if they came out with some plastic kit of a Prince or Greater Daemon...

wilsongrahams
30-11-2009, 22:08
I'm sure I seen a box for it somewhere recently?

Malorian
30-11-2009, 22:10
The rumor I was told was that the original mold for the model was accidentally broken :(

scarletsquig
30-11-2009, 22:15
Yeah, this was confirmed on here.

They dropped the mould, it's never going to be released.

EvC
30-11-2009, 22:22
I never heard that before- isn't that the reason they gave for not releasing the plastic Dwarf Lord set?

decker_cky
30-11-2009, 22:25
Fact: Anything ever seen or rumoured that is not currently available had it's mould dropped.

Malorian
30-11-2009, 22:26
Fact: Anything ever seen or rumoured that is not currently available had it's mould dropped.

Either GW needs to fire butter-fingers or we need to come up with new rumors :p

Red Metal
30-11-2009, 23:07
Ok, what about reverse-engineering the molds?

We see this happen in the toy/action figure industry where figures are labeled "lost" and then someone (usually a KO company) comes thru and reverse-engineers a mold off of existing samples.

I'm sorry, but if there's still one copy of a plastic Daemon Prince out there, than it can be produced.

Nicha11
30-11-2009, 23:10
They dropped the mould, it's never going to be released.

And we give this company our money:rolleyes:

Cypher, the Emperor
01-12-2009, 01:45

Its not just rumored, its in the WoC book, they have several actually all painted differently... :confused:

HiveTrygon
01-12-2009, 01:56
I hate to do this, but what about mine, could work for some people? I made a very nice kit for all types of collectors, gamers, rpgs, etc. Most versatile there is I'd be willing to say. I normally never do this but people have been waiting a long time...........
http://trollforged.com/shelf_fantasy_Demon_Lord.html

Might not be as good as GW's and certainly not made for that reason but is an alternative. I just enjoy making cool things. :)

Vermin-thing
01-12-2009, 02:10
We saw the pics of the pre-cast stage at GD uk, so I bet they could build a mould out of it.

Maybe they're going to surprise us, and release it with three sprues of optional parts, and a sculpted base for fantasy, and 40k.

I bet they just don't know what to do with the model.

Now the only question is will it be a daemons or warrior release.

@ HiveTrygon: is that thing to scale? Also all that set is missing is a set of bird-type wings.

Lanparth
01-12-2009, 02:45
Dropped the mould as in literally dropped it and broke it, or dropped it in the sense of they decided to not produce the mini?

ChaosVC
01-12-2009, 02:53
I had it in my cellar, the mould was in four pieces, so I decided to put each pieces in the four corners of the Island of UK...just like Mel Gibson brave heart character~FREEDOM!!!

Vermin-thing
01-12-2009, 03:01
I had it in my cellar, the mould was in four pieces, so I decided to put each pieces in the four corners of the Island of UK...just like Mel Gibson brave heart character~FREEDOM!!!

Ship them to me or the cat gets it. :evilgrin:

HiveTrygon
01-12-2009, 03:06
We saw the pics of the pre-cast stage at GD uk, so I bet they could build a mould out of it.

Maybe they're going to surprise us, and release it with three sprues of optional parts, and a sculpted base for fantasy, and 40k.

I bet they just don't know what to do with the model.

Now the only question is will it be a daemons or warrior release.

@ HiveTrygon: is that thing to scale? Also all that set is missing is a set of bird-type wings.

What do you mean scale? He is about the size of a Bloodthirster, slightly shorter. Bases shown are 50mm square and 60mm round.

As for dropped, if they broke a metal mold dropping it someone did it on purpose. I'm sure it will show up sooner or later.

Vermin-thing
01-12-2009, 03:25
Ah okay, thanks. I wasn't sure if it would dwarf the other daemons.

Warp-Juicer
01-12-2009, 03:29
heh. New mold dropped? Yea, that must of been the case with the last three "Second waves" a chaos army was supposed to have by now.

No Chaos space marine second wave, no Daemon Second wave(both armies), and no Warriors of Chaos second wave!

cornixt
01-12-2009, 03:36
Don't they do 90% (made up number, but lots anyway) of the models as 3D computer models now? So they could just make a new mould from that since the original mould would have been created that way.

Frep
01-12-2009, 03:52
I love how GW uses the excuse of "dropper" molds. Its not like they are made of solid metal, or they just said in White Dwarf how difficult it is to destroy a mold. Oh wait

Dranthar
01-12-2009, 05:29
I'm just waiting for someone to say that "GW was going to do Dark Eldar, but the mold got dropped accidentaly". ;)

Horus38
01-12-2009, 07:35
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143376 :mad: I was expecting information from this thread. OP did not deliver.

My bad loveless :rolleyes:

I'd forgotten all about the plastic demon prince kit and it was a bit of a shock when I realized "They still haven't released that thing?!" So I clung to the hope that I'd actually overlooked something, but it would seem GW has justified my shock once again.

To klstrider28, I agree they like bunching things up, but this is getting semi-retarded. What exactly are they holding out for?!

Jiggy
01-12-2009, 10:55
The least they can do if that's the case is resculpt it...Now they know where to go with every part it should be really easy.And when are we seeing this next chaos wave?Can't really play Tzeentch with 25$ per 5 horrors...