PDA

View Full Version : Old Glory siege engineers for Warmaster?

jdp
30-11-2009, 21:32
So I am currently plowing through about 3000 points of Araby. It's a fun army and lots of character in the painting, but I looking to add some siege equipment and the like for some games down the road when I go bonk some heads in the Empire.

So here's the question, I know Old Glory makes a nice line of siege equipment in 10mm, they also make a set of eastern and western siege engineers to crew it. Has anyone actually seen the eastern engineers? I can't find a picture of the crew anywhere. The OG Saracens are a decent Araby match and I would be thrilled if these guys are in that same style.

Thanks in advance!

azraelezekiel
01-12-2009, 07:45
I found the OG siege stuff to be expensive for what it was.
Kallistra have started making some nice 10mm siege stuff, I fille dthe gaps in their range with donningtonminiatures stuff.
Both really make really good models that are very affordable.

jdp
01-12-2009, 13:37
Thanks Az, I agree Kellistra does make some good siege eqiupment, and reasonably priced to boot. Isn't donnington 15mm? I have mixed buildings for these scales with good results so maybe not a problem...
However, my real issue was the crew, anyone seen the actual guys yet? I suppose you could field the engines without crew, that wouldn't be too bad, but the guys really give it all life. Although for the $7.50 US that great hall minis is charging I should probably just take a swing at them and do my own review maybe?

jdp
03-04-2010, 04:04
A friend of mine picked up the old glory trebuchet and a pack of both eastern and western siege engineers for me at Cold Wars. The trebuchet is huge and I mean ludicrous in size. Probably in scale but holy coww it's big.

The crew are interesting. The western engineers will definitely fit in with my Bretonians and the eastern will blend with my Araby. Heigthe wise they are similar to GW sculpts, however, they are more petite and lacking in detail. On their own base and withthe same paint scheme I think they'll be ok, and I didn't have to convert or sculpt the little suckers!

I'll try to post some picks if people are interested.

azraelezekiel
03-04-2010, 11:59
Always interested in wm pics :)