PDA

View Full Version : The Eastern Fringe(what do we know?)

Okuto
27-01-2006, 16:50
I've been playing my games lately and been asked about fluff and about my army and about various other stuff....

But the point is what do we know about the Eastern Fringe, I mean are their lots of human worlds out there, I know the Tau are out there and there's some marines out there.

I'm sorta wondering cause what I'm getting is that the eastern fringe is a sort of open place "free" of Imperial control full with Rouges and things like that. So yeah I'm wondering what do we know about the eastern fringes?
(another question is would it be unbelieveable that any Cadians would be stationed there)

I'm mainly asking cause my army comes from the Eastern Fringe and have opened up to the Tau Empire removing the "shackles of Imperial rule". i'd like to know what I'm dealing with(any nids around, other imperial guard,etc.)

my_name_is_tudor
27-01-2006, 16:54
it's the part of the galaxy that is furthest away from terra - so there are a good many more alien races - or well, the alien races that are there are more established. It is the direction that most of the tyranid invasions have come from. There are also lots and lots of orks (the biggest threat to the tau is the orks really, more than the Imperium), but then, there are orks everywhere.

MorningStar
27-01-2006, 17:01
The eastern fringe is also the home of the Ultramarines and their psuedo-empire.

Kage2020
27-01-2006, 17:36
Essentially, the Eastern Fringe is 40k's version of the Outer Rim from Star Wars: the place where everything that is not 'controlled' in some manner ends up. A bit of a cliche, more so since these areas are scattered throughout the Imperium (the 'porous Imperium' model), but there we go.

Kage

Okuto
28-01-2006, 20:20
ok so lets see....

Ultramarine's empire
Lots of orks
Lots of Nids
Tau Empire
Tons and tons of outlaws,etc I take it

VenerableWolf
29-07-2006, 18:54
another question...does anyone know where i cab finde a list of planets found in the eastern fringe ? or there is none and i should make up the names myself ?

schoon
29-07-2006, 19:09
Take a look here (http://www.scholaprogenium.com/planets.html) and just search for "[EAF]" which appears at the end of any entry confirmed to be on the Eastern Fringe.

FlashGordon
30-07-2006, 01:44
Take a look here (http://www.scholaprogenium.com/planets.html) and just search for "[EAF]" which appears at the end of any entry confirmed to be on the Eastern Fringe.

Oh, my god, who did all this??!

Kage2020
30-07-2006, 13:17
Schoon (IIRC) did, as a resource for 40k RPG or, well, just a resource in general. It's amazing what you can do with time and, more importantly, dedication when you have them in abundance.

Kage