PDA

View Full Version : Silver Helms

danny7865
01-12-2009, 19:50
I know they aren't amazing but they fit in with high elf armies far easier than dragon princes.....

Me and a friend got talking and devised a new way to use them and circumvent using the dreaded dragon princes......

SIlver helm veterens - 2 attacks each dont have to take fear tests to charge (they've seen it all) for 30 points each and they are a rare choice......

Would anyone object to this unit in a friendly game? Or Thanks in advance

innerwolf
01-12-2009, 19:55
Why don't use Dragon Princes then(with nearly the same stats)? Call them Silver Helm veterans and you have it.

Seal Cub
01-12-2009, 20:28
What innerwolf said

willowdark
01-12-2009, 20:32
I can't imagine anyone getting hung up on Silverhelm models when they were certainly expecting Dragon Princes anyway.

Tarian
01-12-2009, 20:33
You'd be trading 1 WS, 1 I, 1 LD, the ability to take a magic Banner and for the champion to take a magic item, Dragon Armor... for being immune to fear on the charge and to free up a Special Slot for a Rare Slot.

Er... I do have to agree with the other posters. Why not field DPs, but call them "High Elf Lordlings" or your veterans?

enyoss
01-12-2009, 21:52
I agree with the previous posters. Just use the rules for Dragon Princes but call them Silverhelm veterans, although I'd change the name to some suitably regal rank between Noble's son (the regular Silverhelms) and Prince (the DPs obviously). Lordling still sounds a bit Dark Elfy to me Tarian :).

I feel your pain to a certain degree here as I feel slightly weird that almost every army I field has Dragon Princes in it, with Silverhelms nowhere to be seen. If the fluff followed observed army composition Silverhelms would be shifted to rare!

Tarian
01-12-2009, 22:16
Hrm... how about "Those with the bigger hats?" Or is that too Chaos Dwarfish? :D

Or Lesser Nobles?

enyoss
01-12-2009, 23:34
Or Lesser Nobles?

Maybe `Petty Nobles', I think that suits the High Elves :)

Djekar
02-12-2009, 07:59
Why not "Nobles Who Are Pissed to See the Last of Intrigue at the Court"? :P

Also, I'm with everyone else. Model them/call them veteran SH instead.

warhawk95
02-12-2009, 09:41
Maybe `Petty Nobles', I think that suits the High Elves :)

Or bit hatted petty nobles:D

But on topic I think just using the silver helm models and saying they are vetran helms, or elite helms would work, or big helmed petty nobles:p

Desert Rain
02-12-2009, 20:01
I use my dragon princes as elite silver helms, and they are even in progress of being converted to look just like that. Everyone I've ever played to has been fine with that.

Tarian
02-12-2009, 21:50
That's why I field a Caledorian list... Dragons and Dragon Princes fit in just fine that way.

Marcus Mummius
09-12-2009, 10:35
I plan to convert some silverhelms into dragonprinces as well. I got a bucketload of them to make an all cav army during 6th edition and now they have become quite useless...

scarvet
09-12-2009, 11:59
OR Dragonhawk Riders?

They should have been core that no count to minimum, same for Ellysian(?) fast cavalry....