PDA

View Full Version : Born of Hope film

Nuada
01-12-2009, 23:07
Here's the new fan made film, released today :)

http://www.bornofhope.com/Watch.html

lotrchampion
02-12-2009, 13:31
I watched the Hunt for Gollum when it was released, so I think I'll give this a shot this evening when working on my Fellbeast. I've not heard as good things about this one (from what I hear, poor CGI and some rather low-rate acting in parts), but I don't want to dismiss it without seeing it myself. Plus, knowing my luck, it'll make me want to field a Grey Company force again.....=P

Nuada
02-12-2009, 13:46
from what I hear, poor CGI and some rather low-rate acting

I think those two things are good in the film. To say it's a home made film i thought the acting was alright (much better than Orlando Bloom in lotr, i thought he was terrible) :)

Personally i thought born of hope was a bit too slow in places, they could have told this story in half the time. But i think it's best to judge for yourself, well worth a watch. It's free :D

Whitwort Stormbringer
04-12-2009, 23:50
The pacing was kinda slow at parts, and then very fast at other parts. Overall didn't really bother me though.

The CGI wasn't amazing, but for a fan-film it was really quite good, and faithful to the aesthetic lain down by WETA so one can't complain too much.

Overall I really enjoyed it, on par with "Hunt for Gollum" if not better, in my mind, partially because it seemed that there was more substance to the story and it's a bit of lore that I'm not too familiar with, so if was refreshing to see something new (to me) going on in Middle Earth.

swordwind
08-12-2009, 19:58
I quite liked it. Acting a bit wooden in places but overall, amazing with the budget they had (25,000).