PDA

View Full Version : Yme-Loc Craftworld army ideas

Aristocrap
02-12-2009, 02:13
I really want to paint up my Eldar in the colors of the Yme-Loc Craftworld. I love the scheme and it contrasts very well. As for the little description uner the picture, it says,
"The Eldar of Yme-Loc are talented artisans, and their armies are supported by powerful grav-tanks and Titans." -(P.77)
That being said, I could see a typical Yme-Loc army list primarily consisting of Guardian Defenders backed up by Falcons or Fire Prisms, and maybe even War Walkers. What kinds of competitive lists can be made that rely on grav-tanks in this manner?

GrimZAG
02-12-2009, 02:26
hm... well you could go for any one of the 1000's of mech eldar lists in the tactics forum,

but Yme loc are also close to the Eye of Terror, so maybe a cool idea is to have a farseer on jetbike with a seer jetbike council body guard, backed up by tanks.

and of course 13 titans for apocalypse games ;)

Aristocrap
02-12-2009, 02:51
That's certianly a possibility. When I read the description, I imagined lots of Guardians backed by Fire Prisms and Falcon tanks. I'm sure they'd make use of DAs (which Craftworld doesn't?) and perhaps mobile Aspects like Swooping Hawks or Warp Spiders. I could see a Yme-Loc list being primarially mechanized, but I don't see why it couldn't be a mixture.

And yes, in Apoc games, there'd be Titans and huge grav-tanks everywhere!

Arakanis
02-12-2009, 03:08
I'd definitely have Fire Prisms/Falcons and Wave Serpents for all. I'd use an Autarch actually, for the reserve bonus. Maybe have him go with Warp Spiders for some effective harassing while your Grav-Tanks do the damage.

Aristocrap
02-12-2009, 03:23
That could work. I see them as being much more relient on military strategy than on psychic power. Though I do suppose they could have a few Farseers around; maybe each acts as an advisor to an Autarch. The Farseer could relay his visions of the future to the Autarch and then he could form strategies accordingly.

Bregalad
02-12-2009, 11:40
Have a look here:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72994
Yme-Loc logo sheet (for making decals) by BolS: http://www.box.net/shared/ukzbdrt48r

spekkiebig
02-12-2009, 12:09
I think you should not use any Aspect Warriors at all. Wraithlords, Wraithguard and Harlequins are not Aspect Warriors in my opinion. There's already enough Mech-Eldar lists and Seer Councils on Jetbikes out there. Be creative! I think it's challeging but not inpossible to build an Aspect Warrior-less army that's competative. And it looks the business to!

Aristocrap
02-12-2009, 13:38
@ Bregalad: Thanks for posting those links! They'll help me a great deal when I get started on painting my army.

@ spekkiebig: I'm not too sure on this idea. While it could look striking and sounds like a neat suggestion, I think Aspect warriors are too vital to some elements to rule out. As for the Seer Council on Jetbikes, I wasn't really planning on using them anyhow.

In a Yme-Loc army, I'd think they'd take grav-tanks rather than Wraithlords because their description says they use grav-tanks and Titans; Titans being different from Wraithlords because they are piloted by crew. So I feel the vehicles in a Yme-Loc list would be crew-based, like all the grav-tanks, and possibly Vypers.

The Orange
02-12-2009, 13:40
I think you should not use any Aspect Warriors at all.
I see no reason to shoebox them into any specific playstyle. They have good vehicles, that's all the blub tells us so I'd say you can run them any way you'd like. It doesn't tell us they have an abundance of vehicles, or that they rely on mobilized warfare, or even that they have brilliant tank commanders. All we know is that the Yme-Loc build damn fine tanks ;).

Sildani
02-12-2009, 13:58
Agreed, that's why I have a Yme-Loc Cobra II.

I run Wraithwall with my Yme-Loc, as I figure "talented artisans" could build excellent Wraith-units as well as tanks. Of course, I still run three Wave Serpents...

GW haven't given us any more concrete info than that, so I figure Yme-Loc can be whatever you wish it to be.

Oh, in the Apocalypse book, there a two-page picture of them fighting Chaos. Every unit type is there - along with a huge selection of Phantom Titans and super-heavy tanks. It's inspirational.

WH40KAj
02-12-2009, 14:59
Agreed, that's why I have a Yme-Loc Cobra II.

I run Wraithwall with my Yme-Loc, as I figure "talented artisans" could build excellent Wraith-units as well as tanks. Of course, I still run three Wave Serpents...

GW haven't given us any more concrete info than that, so I figure Yme-Loc can be whatever you wish it to be.

Oh, in the Apocalypse book, there a two-page picture of them fighting Chaos. Every unit type is there - along with a huge selection of Phantom Titans and super-heavy tanks. It's inspirational.

Really? I must have missed that then! I'll go look!
This thread is really getting me into looking at my YME-LOC Eldar again...I'll think i'll dig them out.

Radium
02-12-2009, 15:26
Storm guardians in serpents, fire prisms, war walkers, and some aspects in serpents sounds like and artisan's craftworld to me!

Aristocrap
02-12-2009, 15:53
I've never seen the picture in the Apoc book. Is it possible to scan it and throw it up here?

self biased
02-12-2009, 16:59
Have a look here:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72994
Yme-Loc logo sheet (for making decals) by BolS: http://www.box.net/shared/ukzbdrt48r

thanks for the link, bregalad, i'm genuinely flattered.

Aristocrap
02-12-2009, 17:01
Hey there biased. I must say, I really like how your Eldar came out! Your Falcon is especially inspirational!

self biased
02-12-2009, 17:18
thanks. i learned quite a bit on how i want to proceed and how to refine the technique for the wave serpents, and the inevitable superheavy tanks.

Aristocrap
02-12-2009, 17:32
Might I ask how you achieved the color scheme for your Guardians? (With both black and white primer, if that's alright)

Sildani
02-12-2009, 17:41
I've never seen the picture in the Apoc book. Is it possible to scan it and throw it up here?

The Apoc book is far larger than my scanner bed, so I can't do it without instruction. My scanner-Fu is weak.

Aristocrap
03-12-2009, 02:15
The Apoc book is far larger than my scanner bed, so I can't do it without instruction. My scanner-Fu is weak.

Ah well. What page is it? Next time I'm in my local store, I'll open it up and check it out.