PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think the New Legion of the Damned Models Would Look Good in Any Army?

Lamont Cranston
02-12-2009, 04:03
Just wondering if you guys think that the new Lotd models would look good in an colour schemed army? Exmaple, like do you think that they would look good in Raven Guard or Iron Hands, because of their black colour scheme do you think they would get lost? Does it have to be an army that isnt mainly black to make them stand out?

Arakanis
02-12-2009, 04:06
I'm going to include the Sergeant as a Chaplain actually. I think he looks perfect for that. All I have to do is change the axe to a Crozius Arcanum.

As far as you original question, I think that a little contrasting colour can do wonders for an otherwise uniform army.

Thud
02-12-2009, 04:10
I love the models. If I ever get around to making a Marine army I'm getting at least two squads regardless of how much they suck.

The Lord of Banes
02-12-2009, 04:40
Go for it. Like its been said before, contrast can work wonders. Focus on the Fires and the Skulls on the armour, not so much of the black, and they will stand out. Convert them to stand out even more.

Absolutionis
02-12-2009, 05:09
Just wondering if you guys think that the new Lotd models would look good...Nope

...in an colour schemed army?Still no.

Just because they're new and shiny doesn't mean they're special and amazing.

Meriwether
02-12-2009, 05:12
This kind of thread amazes me. Who the heck cares what other people think about your minis, if you think they look good?

blackroyal
02-12-2009, 05:43
I'm going to include the Sergeant as a Chaplain actually.

That was my first though... "why'd they include a chaplain in the squad... OH... that's different".

Occulto
02-12-2009, 05:45
I'd be tempted to use them as an Interrogator Chaplain's retinue, if they weren't so bloody expensive. :cries:

Dark_Templar
02-12-2009, 06:06
I will be using them as Salamanders Sternguard.

Kriegfreak
02-12-2009, 06:23
This kind of thread amazes me. Who the heck cares what other people think about your minis, if you think they look good?

Exactly! Do what you want man. If you think it looks good - go for it.

Grimbad
02-12-2009, 06:42
I'm hoping to mix in a couple with the Exorcists force I want to build- the army (a small one due to cost) would be using Sternguard models as tactical marines.

Kirill
02-12-2009, 08:19
My first thoughts when i saw them, was to remove all the fire, add some blood droplets and call them death company and i don't even play Blood Angels, or have any interest too!
I also saw a red X partially hidden behind one of the flames on the leg of a marine, that didn't help my chances of getting all giggly.
They are indeed very cool models, and without doubt some of the best looking releases for Space Marines for some time now.