PDA

View Full Version : Legions and chapters and warbands and whatever else names

The Lord of Banes
03-12-2009, 01:10
What I would like to know is the name of your legion, or chapter, or warband, or whatever else there is, like a host of eldar, or a horde of orks, or an army of tau.

I would like to hear the fluff behind them too, as I recently read about some of your leaders from a similiar thread. Some of you have some pretty good fluff.

kylsnik ironhead
03-12-2009, 01:29
My Ork Horde is called Da Iron'ead Boyz.

Arkley
03-12-2009, 01:40
Gunnar's Demon Wolves - Renegade SW
Knights of Cydonia - DA Successor Chapter (4th Founding)
Seths Own - Flesh Tearers Warband/Company

The Lord of Banes
03-12-2009, 01:44
I would like to hear some fluff about your armies as well, like I said before, I read the thread on your guys leaders, which was pretty awesome.

mightymconeshot
03-12-2009, 01:49
i am going to start the ork whalers. they will have spears from fantasy and hover vehicles. they are out for revenge against the void whales. its leader will be capt. ohab.

Blitz001
03-12-2009, 05:35
i am going to start the ork whalers. they will have spears from fantasy and hover vehicles. they are out for revenge against the void whales. its leader will be capt. ohab.

i think you win the game that is the internet...congrats....rofl

back on topic my imperial guard armies has the 13th hessian Strussgruppe regiment and 256th Cadian Armoured Regiment...thats all i got as of right now im still working on the fluff.

Hushrong
03-12-2009, 21:57
Bearers of the True Word Chapter, Space Marines.

-formerly loyalists but turned renegade. Religious and devoted to the God-Emperor of Mankind.

They seek out the heretics and followers of Chaos to bring about their end while awaiting the day that the God-Emperor may rule over the Imperium once again. Also a great hatred towards the Inquisition and "mortals" that have taken leadership in the Emperors place.

The Lord of Banes
04-12-2009, 00:26
Hmmm... Hushrong, you make it sound like Lorgars geneseed wasn't completely chaotic, but you are one of the few people who actually put some fluff up, so I aplaud you.

Warseer admin, you need a spellchecker on this.

Hushrong
04-12-2009, 01:26
thanks Banes.

their background isnt really known...one of those kind of chapters. but they were highly inspired by Word Bearers(their pre-heresy persona).

i have more fluff up of them on my project log an some stories of them in the stories an art part. making up their background has been the most enjoyable part of making them.

Juggernaut246
04-12-2009, 01:34
I am currently building a Word Bearers army.

Their fluff is basically the black apostle (which I have yet to figure out a catchy name for, will most not have one for awhile) was sent out of the Maelstrom with a single, simple directive, Wander the Stars and spread the word of Logar.

His host is heading towards Tau Space, and after that Ultramar, and he is about Halfway there. He has burnt several imperial worlds to Ash, and Raided many more in the search of artifacts supplies and converts.

The length of the campaign has already taken a toll on his original force of Chaos Marines, and thus is becoming more and more reliant on his growing army of adopted cultists, traitor guardsmen and captured vessels. I already have the basic idea's for several major battles and campaigns they could have been on (including one that could justify the inclusion of turned Sisters of Battle but I wont get into that right now).

Im also in the infant stages of building a speed freeks ork army, Freebooters of course >.>

hwd
04-12-2009, 11:46
My SM army is a small part the Rainbow Warriors Chapter led by the first company commander Ulysses.
I've kinda worked from the existing GW background of they did something to **** of the inqusition and were set upon by the Sisters of Battle.

After an outbreak of fighting a truce was called and the Rainbow Warriors were sent of a 10 century crusade into the eastern space. After 10 centuries of fighting and spreading the word of the emporer they had lost alot of their strength and having fulfilled their punishment left the eastern space and began an eventful journey back to their homeworld, Prism.
Things however did not go smoothly. En route they were trapped in a great warp storm and scattered to an undiscovered region of space where they were trapped by emmense batteship sized but slow moving creatures whose society was built around the ritual eating of a particular plant. Escaping by blinding the creatures and fleeing to the warp undetected they once again began the search for a route home.
Before long they were once again trapped in a second warp storm and the small surviving fleet of just 12 ships was split up. Ulysses ship alone managed to escape the waap, the fate of the other 11 ships is unknown
Now approaching 20 centrues since they were sent on their crusade, Ulysses is once again leading his men thorugh the ghoul stars under the watchful eye of the inqusition, whether the the remaining Rainbow Warrios will make it back to Prism or whether the Universe will once again conspire against the is unknown...

This background isn't particularly finalised yet, I need to think some things through a bit better and also improve the quality of writing alot before I am happy with it but hopefullt you get the idea of what i'm going for from this. Its also hardly original being copied almost exactly from the plot of a well known epic poem!

Urath
04-12-2009, 12:58
Dark Angels - 4th Company, lead by Urath; Master of the Fleet; Guardian of the Tower.

Iron Warriors w/ attached World Eater units - 3rd Grand Company, lead by Warsmith*
Night Lords - Talon Master*
Word Bearers - The Host of the Dark Apostle Ra Set'nul

Dark Eldar - Kabal of Deconstruction, lead by the Archon Atherzel

*I have a list of names for the Warsmith, three of his Captains and a Sorcerer; but they're at home, I'll update it with fluff and stuff later.
*Yeah, haven't thought of a name yet ;)

Onisuzume
04-12-2009, 13:13
Legio Angelis Mortis ex Vastatium, led by Grand Master Mordekai.
Or Angels of Destruction for those who don't know high gothic.
Horus Heresy-era loyalist Dark Angel remnants, considered lost in the warp from M31 til M41.

Rumour has it they campaigned alongside the 13th company while inside the warp/eye of terror. Or at least for a while.

He who is doom
04-12-2009, 13:34
"The Shadow reavers" lead by the daemon prince yuri christikov.

A chapter that was brought to near destruction by a force of chaos brigands. In the after math we were deemed traitors by the Iom. So we went rogue and went all out for chaos.

Urza
04-12-2009, 13:35
Chapter: Relictors

Consists of: Company-sized Warband formed from surviving elements of the 1st & 2nd Companies, accompanied by members of the Conclave and Librarium.

Story: Following the destruction of the Sky Fortress (Relictors Fortress Monastery) and the decimation of their Chapter by the Grey Knights, Chief Librarian Otheos and a Council of four senior Conclave members managed to escape to the Warp in a Strike Cruiser along with almost a full company of Relictor Astartes from the 1st & 2nd Companies.

Since then the survivors have been carrying out guerilla-warfare style hit and run assaults on numerous Chaos Covens and Imperial installations across the Galaxy, retrieving artefacts and supplies wherever possible.

Notable raids on Imperial facilities include a Forgeworld, where several Landraiders and a Vindicator were taken, and a Mechanicus Cargo Cruiser bound for Ultramar from which 10 suits of Tactical Dreadnought (Terminator) Armour were stolen. Several other Remote Orbital Logistics Facilities have been assaulted, in each case large quantities of weapons and ammunition were stolen.

In addition, it is believed that an Ordo Malleus safehouse was raided and a number of Chaos Artefacts and Tomes of Forbidden Knowledge were taken. One stolen artefact is known to be the 'Claws of the Eviscerator', a pair of Chaos-imbued Lightning Claws which originally belonged to a Champion of Khorne that was felled during the 13th Black Crusade.

This Warband has also been observed raiding Imperial Penal Colonies and Hive Gangs for people to recruit so that they can rebuild the Chapter. Due to these actions it can be assumed that the Relictors managed to salvage a quantity of Geneseed stock from the Sky Fortress before it was destroyed.

It is not known what this Warband's goals are, although it is believed that their assaults are being co-ordinated with that of other Relictors splinter groups - possibly by a central command source operating from somewhere inside or close to the Eye of Terror.

Helsing
04-12-2009, 13:37
Angels Requiem, a Dark Angels successor Chapter named after the Requiem Angelis (ironically I came up with that name before finding it in the DA Codex, guess who the Emperor's having over for dinner tonight?).

XIV Shadow Cadre led by Shas'O Elys'eri T'sao Autai Monat, a Tau recon project army thats using my old Guardsmen as Gue'vesa

Ko Sai 11th Cadian/Catachan Airmobile Regiment - an amalgamated Regiment made up of ex-POW Cadians and the survivors of the Catachan Regiment sent to save them.

Craftworld Phantaai, a Harlequin-protected Craftworld

Splinter Fleet Jericho of Hive Fleet Leviathan

Dark Eldar Kabal of the Traveling Dark

Inquisitor Bram Helsingr and the Mission of St. Angelos

and that's it.

Phenski
04-12-2009, 16:24
My true love(s)..

Hive Fleet Enjambre, a Kraken splinter fleet terrorising the Segmentum Pacifica for many years, soon to be replaced by...

Space Hulk "Womb of Unfathomable Terror" {codified 999.M41}, The Tyranid presence upon this particular 'hulk has manifested its own Hive Mind over time. Being much larger than any hive ship, and able to spawn drones/spores/defences etc. this space hulk has destroyed a couple of sparse systems so far and is moving to more populated areas to feed.

My second love(s)..

The D.E.R.M. Nurgle csm, Terminator teleport assaults of silent, unnaturally tough animated suits full of noxious green goo...

A Night Lords warband under the command of Hektir Daemon-Hater, searching for Zso Sahaal after receiving an important message to rendezvous with his beloved brother.

My only 'loyal' army...

Taskforce Purge, pure Ravenwing army led by none other than Master Sammael himself.

I also have a Relictors splinter force from the destroyed 6th company. I use these only for kill team games now a days.
A Fallen Angels squad, also only for kill team.

t-tauri
04-12-2009, 20:29
Moved to 40k general.

Jesus
04-12-2009, 20:54
Eldar
my own, called Protectors of the white fire:
They use a lot of dire avengers and are extremely mobile.
They are exodites. Their new planet was very green with plants. But their only sun started to die. So they had save it by containing it in a massive dome. So all the plants outside the dome died.
A chaos fleet came across the planet and wanted to kill the sun to kill the planet (hence the name Protectors of the white fire)

unheilig
04-12-2009, 21:08
my marine chapter is ripped right from Kingdom of Heaven.

The Knights Exemplar are patterned after the defenders of jerusalem (my buddy has an eldar army called Craftworld Damascus, and led by Farseer Saladin).

We've named a planetary system The Jerusalem System (used to be eldar maidenworld, now occupied by the imperium), so we can basically do Kingdom Of Heaven in space, and get to use all sorts of quotes from the movie against each other...

susu.exp
04-12-2009, 21:44
My Nurgle CSM - the Iron Lungs of Caribus and Baccus:
This band of traitors consists of elements from the Ist and IVth company of the Iron Lungs, an 18th founding Iron Hands sucessor chapter. In 631.M41 the IIIrd and IVth along with some veterans were dispatched to VII to strike down a Chaos uprising. They found a populace stricken with various diseases that had laid off the imperial cult.
During the cleansening Caribus and Baccus the Captains of the Ist and IVth company were infected with one of the epidemics. The chapters Apothecarii were unable to bring an improvement, much less a complete recovery of the sickness. One of the citizens of Remigius contacted the chapter promising healing. Caribus and Baccus voted down Odulus the IIIrds captain and accepted the offer. After the planet had been cleared of rebels. some other Marines began to show symtopms. Caribus and Baccus revealed that they had to thank the mercy of the god of decay and the majority of the infected joined them. On board of the Dominus indulgens, the barge of the strike force, battles between the heretics and the remaining loyalists broke out that ended with a vicotry of the traitors. Since that day the Dominus Indulgence under command of its two leaders is on a quest to get infected with Papa Nurgles 7 favorite diseases.

My Varyngr - Hold Warden Gorin Harrimsons manen:
The Grammil Stronghold once stood as a proud part of the league of Norgyr. Itīs mines produced large amounts of Osmium and Neodym and Grammils trade with drill heads, resorption units for T-34L12b algae containers (guild specification G6423456245t), GTZ24 universal power cells and L12 standard mag ammo flourished. After the invasion of the beasts, only a fraction of Grammils populations was left and when the photosynthetic vats were destroyed, they had to flee. When the storm had withered, contact to the Logir Stronghold, an old league partner, was established. But the Varyngr of Logir denied the refugees a place in their hold, since they had also been all but destroyed by the Tyranids, yet they offered them to act as traders and messengers. Hold Warden Gorin Harrimson took this offer and in return was given direly needed material to rebuild Grammil. The barren piece of rock the Stronghold had been degraded to was reclaimed. But bound by his promise, Harrimson departed - leaving a small rebuilding crew - to find new allies and start new trading routes. The young Clanguard of Grammil is with him, as are some Embittered from Logir. Carefully watched by the more experienced among Harrimsons manen, these oathbreakers have taken to living in the lowerest quaters, far away from the rest of the crew. Even Harrismsom has his doubts, but under circimstances such as these, he might have even accepted the help of the greenskins...

My Necrons have no name.

DoomedFuture
04-12-2009, 22:53
My Black Legion warband is the Everdamned.

Enjoy supporting huge rebellions (like Vraks). Take the best of the mutant/cultist scum with them when they leave and turn them into CSM.

Bunnahabhain
04-12-2009, 23:06
9th Ludzow Lancers.

Guard elite infantry, from a well developed planet, with competent governance. Bias towards veterans, and rough riders. No conscripts. The military is organised enough to not send people off planet without a reasonable level of training.

Rough riders are a dress uniformed honour guard, with a tradition of Ork hunting(they're the exciting wildlife) in the countryside- traditional since M34, when a Waaarrgg was repulsed, but the planet has had a low level Ork problem ever since. No abhumans, no priests, just a quite discipline and determination to get the job done.

With support from the 14th Ludzow Hussars, armoured regiment.

This has been consistent since half way through 4th ed, it just happens to match competitive builds now....

Elrond12
04-12-2009, 23:18
My two are:
The Marines Templar who do not know which chapter they originated from,olny that the are sons of Dorn. Their homeworld of Sarakis is located in the Veil Star region of space.

The other is a chaos force known as the Lords of Hatred.They were once servants of the Emperor known as the Blazing Angels.they disappeared into the Eye of Terror 2000 years ago & now wreck havoc across the Imperium with their lightning hit & run attacks:chrome:

bossfearless
04-12-2009, 23:41
Since the OP asked for the army as well as its fluff, this will be one long-assed post.

edit: yup, that's one long post all right. I think I'll cross post this over into the fiction section too lol

Crimson Fists Auxiliary 4th Company, the Grand Armada of Lord Commander Akei'ra Masamune the Sky Hammer, Euthanizers of the God Emperor.

This "company" exists outside the normal organization of the Crimson Fists chapter. After the inception of the Ultramarines' Codex Astartes, certain concessions were forced upon Rogal Dorn as atonement for his initial resistance to the new system. Two such concessions were the dedication of the Black Templars chapter to a permanent crusade, and also Dorn's own suicide by proxy as he led his loyal Imperial Fists on an ultimately fatal attack on the forces of Chaos. What is not widely acknowledged is the allocation of a single company of the Crimson Fists to serve as an organization specializing in the treatment of "unwell" Astartes.

The 4th company of the Crimson Fists serves as something between a hospital and a prison, playing host to an ever-increasing number of marines who have been decreed unfit to serve with the brothers of their own chapters but who are considered too valuable to simply execute. These are not some paltry weak souls whose determination has wavered, but mighty warriors whose sense of reality and perspective has been skewed by trauma or old age. Some suffer hallucinations, some have forgotten their names, some have developed a sense of humor (a grievous sin amongst the stone-faced and pious Astartes) and some...some have secrets they cannot be allowed to spread. All are locked within the great fortress monastery of the 4th company.

This bizarre lot hail from almost every chapter, save those who would hide their own secrets from prying eyes. With each group of "wounded" comes another Chaplain and an Apothecary from their own chapter, and this has led to an eclectic and dysfunctional system of medical and philosophical "treatment," which is cruel more often than not and almost always unusual. For the fifteen hundred marines of the 4th company (half again as many as a full chapter), there are over three hundred chaplains. Or there were, at any rate.

Discontent ran deep in the 4th since the Disarmament Decree in 932.M39, when the company's mandate was amended to deny its charges of all weaponry for fear of rebellion. Even the noble bolter had been outlawed, leaving only the Chaplains in possession of weapons in the form of their Crozius Arcanum. While anger and resentment ruled the day, it took the arrival of a would-be successor to Lord Kantor himself to spur the 4th into full revolt.

Lord Commander Akei'ra Masamune had once been captain of the 1st company of the Crimson Fists, but now he was considered nothing more than an invalid. He arrived at his prison with his ears brutally slashed and his body beaten to within an inch of death. He was young for an Astartes, charismatic, handsome, a great warrior, a leader of men, his rise to power had been meteoric. His luck was legendary. He had only just gotten his face on a trading card, what he considered his crowning achievement, when his secret was exposed. It was said (though only briefly, since all records were subsequently expunged and to utter his name was considered treason) that to subdue him required the entirety of the first company, and that Pedro Kantor had personally cut off his ears to hide the truth...that after a hundred years of living Lord Akei'ra had finally hit puberty.

Akei'ra, youngest of three sons of Silver Skulls 7th Company Captain Hiten Masamune (all grew to become great warriors and joined the Adeptus Astartes) was born of a short lived affair with Akei'ra's mother, whose name has been forgotten entirely. She was, and still is, known only as Widow, in both the tongue of the humans and in the language of her own people, the Eldar. The events which could have led to the mating of an Astartes captain and a Warp Spider exarch can only be speculated on, for there are no records and no talk of such things, save for the occasionaly knowing grin or roguish smirk from Hiten's closest confidants. On Akei'ra's world, by ancient treaty, humans and Eldar lived harmoniously and without fear of reprisal from either government. Intermarriage was extremely uncommon and considered ill-advised, for the two species were genetically incompatible. For this and other reasons, Akei'ra always remained a mystery. Just as mysterious was his uncanny luck, a trait which was credited for his peculiar physiological changes which, as he grew to adulthood, masked his true nature from any outside observers. Even the Apothecaries of the Crimson Fists never found any evidence of his heredity, and one would have had to have known his mother or personally witnessed his birth to know of his ancestry.

Once accepted as an aspirant, Akei'ra proved to be nigh unstoppable in combat. The physical might of a Space Marine, coupled with the agility of an Eldar warrior, made him a naturally gifted fighter. But the key to his martial prowess was the fighting style he inherited from his mother, the Eight-fold Shadow style of which it was said that no sane mind could comprehend. He knew other styles of combat as well, such as the resolute and powerful stances learned from his father, but the Shadow style gave him his greatest victories and allowed him to conquer much stronger enemies, felling even a great demon of Slaanesh with more speed and fluidity than the beast could muster. One hundred years into his life, when all was well and Akei'ra was sure to lead the Crimson Fists' Vanguard Veterans for centuries to come, a biological time bomb exploded.

The Eldar, long lived as they are, mature much slower than humans. Add to that trait the genetic alterations and chemical therapies which lengthen the lifespan of a Space Marine, and a subject may live forever. Regardless of what his maximum life expectancy might have been, it certainly took Akei'ra much longer to reach puberty than a normal member of either species. His body changed rapidly, stretching and reshaping into a powerful but awkward frame on which his genetically amplified musculature wound itself ever tighter. His featured became more angular and his ears became enormous, pointed and quite floppy. While his body changed, Akei'ra locked himself away from his brethren in a "spiritual seclusion." When finally forced to show himself, his shameful visage was revealed and his battle brothers fell upon him mercilessly.

Many years later, after the devastation of the Crimson Fists in 989.M41, that the 4th company was re-armed. Bolters (and only bolters, for who would risk placing any more valuable weaponry in the hands of maniacs?) were given to two hundred of the individuals deemed "most stable" and they were drafted to reinforce the dwindling chapter under the command of one of their own, Sergeant Darrell Musashi. To say that this did not end as planned would be an understatement. The "free company," as this group of lunatics was called, had been given the duty of guarding the rear of the Crimson Fists' advance on the rebellious capitol of Thraxos III near the border of Ultramar. Sergeant Musashi was unsatisfied with this assignment. During his transformation into a Space Marine, an injection mechanism had jammed and he had received less growth hormone than intended. This made him exactly two inches shorter than his brethren, and created in him an overwhelming need to prove himself against the greatest available foe. After defeating three separate outflanking assaults, the free company seized numerous heavy weapons from the attacking forces and returned to the drop zone to commandeer two Thunderhawk gunships and, subsequently, the Battle Barge Lux Imperator, which was then renamed "Ice Cream Truck." This was the exact reason why a sense of humor was so rightly despised.

All remaining battle brethren who were not of the free company were sent to the surface via drop-pod to aid in the planetary assault, along with enough bombardment to level the enemy citadels and end the campaign (the plan had originally been to capture the rebel leaders for interrogation, but that plan had to be changed). Upon returning to the 4th company monastery, the free company rapidly took control of the docks and began distributing stolen armaments to the rest of the battle brothers, who savagely fell upon the chaplains and repaid every cruel "therapy" with brutal interest. Re-armed and victorious, the eighty three captains of the 4th company turned their attention to the one door no one had ever been permitted to open. The last defender of the old guard, High Chaplain Lothar of the Fire Claws stood watch at this last inviolable line. Darrell shoved his way to the front of the fight and challenged the black armored defender to single combat. Using the severed hand of High Chaplain Lothar as a genetic key, he unlocked the door to Akei'ra's cell.

Using the fortress monastery (renamed "Also Ice Cream Truck," and then re-renamed "Recompense" by someone with more artistic flare) as a mobile base of operations and a symbol of Astartes authority, the 4th company wasted no time in making good their escape while simultaneously commandeering several regiments of Imperial Guard and multiple vessels from the Imperial Navy to assist in "an as-yet classified crusade." Three cruisers were stripped to provide additional armament and shielding for the Recompense, and their crews were given positions as vassals to the Astartes. Armories were sorted through and Guard weapons were adapted to use by the marines, providing heavy support and close combat weaponry for what was promised to be an apocalyptic offensive. The trouble was that nobody, not even the newly promoted Akei'ra, knew where they were going. All anyone knew was that they were leaving Imperial space and heading into the Tau Empire.

Akei'ra had, on a wild and ultimately lucky guess, instructed his navigators to home in on a faint signal emanating from "that way." Eventually, this signal led the fleet to the Tau Sept world of Bork'An. Bork'An, renowned for its technological advancement and majority population of Earth Caste, had become the home of another Imperial renegade, the Adeptus Mechanicus Magos Fortinbras. Fortinbras, or simply "the Magos," had left his order with his only loyal follower three years before and had rapidly accumulated a wealth of so-called forbidden knowledge. He had been charged with heresy after suggesting that existing technology could be improved upon, and ever since then he had been doing just that. His own body was a marvel of cybernetics and hyper-advanced metallurgy, with all the power of a titan legion in the space of a single human body. He had done all this--and this was the part that had annoyed his superiors--by just learning how to read. All of the "holy indecipherable scriptures" of the Adeptus Mechanicus, he had discovered, were just instruction manuals written in numerous different languages, relics from the days when mankind had not been possessed of a single unified tongue. The "holy litany of activation" for a starship's engine, for example, was a voice recognition code that could be roughly translated to mean "activate primary turbine." At his trial (for he was certainly tried and convicted, in his absence), he was quoted as saying, "Certainly we speak A language, but not THE language. In fact, I daresay that the languages which I have learned make ours sound like gutterspeak. We have based our civilization on the leftovers of the stupidest of the ancient tribes." This was not well received.

The Magos had been correct, of course, but that matters so rarely in matters of religion. Before leaving the Imperium, he had committed the ultimate act of heresy by replacing all of his traditional cybernetic implants with those gleaned from his new discoveries and adding an advanced AI to his own thought processes, raising his intelligence exponentially. On Bork'An, he continued to amass his technological wealth by incorporating several Tau systems into himself including several heavy railguns, which fit neatly into his forearms by way of a rediscovered method of spatial compression. In truth, many parts of him were much larger or smaller, and certainly much heavier in reality.

The human armada found on its arrival that they were not unexpected. The battleship Kovash greeted the assembled forces upon their exit from the warp with a message of welcome and friendship, and also the promise of cake. Akei'ra loved cake, a fact which was well known to Magos Fortinbras (unexpected fruits of rather esoteric research, but very helpful for negotiation). What followed was a feast, followed by another feast, followed by a nap and then some serious talking with several pastry breaks. All this was a technique the Magos had learned from the Water Caste, whereby the parties were made more agreeable by the pleasantness of a full stomach, and he knew he would need this advantage to align the 4th company to his purpose.

The Emperor needed to die immediately.

mattschuur
05-12-2009, 00:34
Space Marines- Task-force Diablos- Consists of the 3rd, 1st and elements of the 8th Company's of The Omega Angels Chapter. It is led by the Omega Angels Chapter Master Octanius with Captains Atreu (1st Company) and Urving (3rd). Chaplain Reist leads the elements of the 8th Assault company.

While the rest of the Chapter remains in the eastern fringe effectively on Guard duty, Task-force Diablos has been somewhat secretly seconded to the Inquisition and has effectively become a weapon of all 3 ordos. It is believed that they were involved in the cleansing of Hyrax IV in which no less than 100 million suspected 'cultists' were destroyed. There are also rumors that Diablos took part in the partial destruction of a suspected renegade chapter, the Angels of Mons. The attack effectively wiped out half the Chapter even though only 1 company was suspected of heresy.

Colors- Blue armor, red higlights with silver and green heraldry.
Formation- Codex Astartes
Notes- A large number of Omega Angels wear red robes over their battle plate. This is to denote either long service (Usually 100 engagements) or an act of great heroism (like killing a Carnifex single handily). However, due to constant engagements no more than half of the Chapter wears the robe. Note, all units designated as 'veterans' go to battle in the robes.

Chaos Space Marines- Sons of Vesuvius- This Renegade marine force is led by Lord Vesuvius, formerly of the Ultramarines. The renegade warband consists of 1 and a half of a battle company , elements of the world eaters, Thousand sons, Emperors children, Night Lords and other various fallen chapters.
Colors- Brown with Yellow, silver and gold trim.
Objective- Unknown. The goal of Vesuvius is unknown, however, he has not wantonly destroyed worlds. Instead, he has attacked particular worlds that seem to form a pattern that has yet to be determined. Vesuvius's former allegiance to the Ultramarines was thought to be a clue as to his aspirations but all calls and questions directed to Ultrimar have been ignored.
Notes- By order of the Inquisition: For the Eyes of Inquisitor Lords only upon pain of death.
File # 345234190A- (Vesuvius and the Sons of.)
Note-Connection to Ultramarines.
Inquisitor Lord Tamon has, through an extensive, costly and time consuming investigation come upon some, although circumstantial, evidence as to the connections between Renegade Lord Vesuvius and his former brothers the Ultramarines.

start file.....
It is well known that Vesuvius used to be a member of the Ultramarine chapter, but what part or role he had within its brotherhood has always been unknown. It has come to my attention that the renegade leader was not a minor brother, nor a mere captain, but the personal Champion to the current Chapter Master Marneus Calgar himself. Calgar, in fact, was Vesuvius's sgt. when they both served in a tactical squad. When Calgar was made Captain, he chose Vesuvius to be his personal Champion, bestowing upon him a massive power sword, which from after action reports of Vesuvius's most recent attacks, he still has in his possession.
It is after Vesuvius's elevation to champion where things apparently went wrong. The two brothers had a falling out and when Calgar was made Chapter master, Vesuvius was not elevated as many expected him to be. Instead, he was demoted to sgt. of an Assault squad. It seems this act rankled with the chapter enough that Calgar felt it necessary to remove Vesuvius from the rest of his brothers. So when a call came up for another founding from the Ultramarines, Calgar did Vesuvius the "honor" of making him a Captain in the new founding. Over Vesuvius was placed a more junior brother as chapter master, a man Vesuvius had been the commander of in the past, Master Randa.
It took only a single decade for Vesuvius to violently usurp the Chapter master position, effectively destroying half of the new chapter, which amounted to only 2 company's as it was not yet at full strength. However, most of these brothers still follow their leader in his quest of an unknown goal.
I have decided to question Marneus Calgar directly about what i've found. I find it equally of note that so far half of the planets attacked by Vesuvius were apparently planets that both he and Calgar waged war upon. The other half have yet to be researched but I intend to go through each planet in due time. As of right now, it would seem the Renegade is calling out the master of Ultramar.

In the Emperors Name, Inquisitor Ivan Tamon (missing).

Long post but had to get the fluff in there.

Matt Schuur

The Lord of Banes
05-12-2009, 02:56
Bossfearless, that was the total opposite of what 40k is, aand it was incredibly entertaining. My hats off to you.

bossfearless
05-12-2009, 03:23
Bossfearless, that was the total opposite of what 40k is, aand it was incredibly entertaining. My hats off to you.

I do what I can :)

Aside from there being bits of humor thrown in, how was it the opposite of 40k? If you mean a lack of battle scenes, then I might point out that this is just exposition. Good fiction has that...most 40k fiction does not. There's actually several more pages worth of "just overview" to finish describing this mess I call a chapter.

vladsimpaler
05-12-2009, 03:47
++Commander, They beg for mercy-
++Mercy! Oh lord Khorne, truly have you led us
to a land overflowing with blood and skulls! Give
them the mercy of death.
++Affirm. Blood! Blood! Blood for my lord!
++Chosen of Khorne, lead us in the final assault!
++Blood for the Blood god! Suppressing fire.
Forward and center. Heavy Bolters range 250.
Move scum...

--Communications intercept end. The Portrein defenders
are assumed to have detonated their armory--

-Ordo Malleus secret report:
Portrein Raid 106960.M41

Ever since the fateful day the World Eaters turned away from the Imperium and became followers thirsting gods, some factions in developed that were in resistance to the way the Legion was being run and believed that more blood and skulls could be obtained by their own power. In particular, one of these internal factions were led by Captain Vladerius-Sargonier, now a Chosen of Khorne and a champion of his god's might.

Not much of Sargonier is known before and during the Horus Heresy besides the fact that he was a captain but a rather extensive file has been developed by the Ordos Malleus afterwards. What little is known of Sargonier was a favored use of virus bombing as a tactic and his rather vocal arguments for using it to eliminate hostile populations from orbit though this was met with much resistance in his own legion. This may influenced Horus' use of them at Isstvan.

It has been estimated by the Collegia historians that Sargonier and his faction numbering at least a thousand left the World Eaters shortly after the defeat of the Warmaster, noting several intercepted communications about a faction about as large as a chapter of the Legionnes Astartes and theorized that there were

It is known that sometime at the beginning of the 34th Millennium Vladerius' rebel faction captured the relatively undefended Asharzunipal system at the edge of the Halo Zone. His cruel leadership and the iron will of the Legionnaires gained them the nickname amongst the civilians of "The Tyrants of Asharzunipal". This eventually caught the ear of Vladerius himself when he was holding a freedom fighter by his neck before crushing it. Intensely satisfied, Sargonier decided that was what his faction was to be named. Henceforth, they would be the Tyrants of Asharzunipal and billions would soon learn to fear it.

Over the millennia, the Asharzunipalian system has been fortified and the numbers of the Tyrants have actually increased due to the raiding of gene seed and the addition of several rogue Inquisitors
[++By order of Ordo Malleus: names withheld but may be revealed on a need-to-know basis++] and the absorbing of smaller World Eaters warbands.

Nearby systems have also been raided, the most current example being the Vadraman system. Portrein, a notable Forge World was one of the targets and also the focus of the Sargonier's attack. The Tyrants were not able to successfully raid Portrein as many of the Forgeworld's factories destroyed themselves before the legionnaires were able to retrieve any technology.

Unfortunately the Imperium will seemingly never be able to attack the Tyrants because of their location outside of the Astronomican.

++Inquisitor Grek, it would be our best interest to eliminate these legionnaires. They have been consistently a thorn in the Imperium's side for thousands of years and it is time that we removed it.++

++Are you suggesting that we launch an attack on Asharzunipal? They number more than one thousand and not to mention the Asharzunipal system that is more than 80% outside the Light of the Astronomican. It would be more useful to expend our energy on cults and treachery in our own line of duty. They pose more of a threat of revealing things that do not need to be known to the common citizen...++

++I never said to stop focusing on cults, but how long before the treachers amass more troops? The God Emperor has mandated that we hunt down the treacher legions, and I am well within my- ++

++I am well aware of that, Mathser. It would be best if you knew where your place was. You are exhibiting the same rebelliousness that got the Imperium in this position. ++

++Apologies and understood, Inquisitor.++

++In fact, you are also exhibiting the same thirst for knowledge that may one day come back to haunt you, and you will soon realize where the power in the Empire truly lies.++

-Holo transmissions between Inquisitor Grek and Ordinary Mathser before his mind scrub and surgery into a servitor as ordered by Grek
106977.M41

Joewrightgm
05-12-2009, 03:48
My Warboss is Skargrim Gormor (Scar-Face Blood-Wild) and his Goff Krushas.

Skargrim is a horrendous piece of work for a Goff, and doubly so when compared to smaller, runtier orks. Skargrim has been in the shadow of Prophet of the Waaagh! himself, and has fought in every major campaign that Ghazkgull (sp?) has had a clawed hand in starting. And he's got the bionics, built in power klaw, and a warband of violent head cases to prove it!

As with most Goffs, he doesn't mess about with fancy tactics, preferring to plow head-long into the foe with his select nobz, the Black Slayers, so called for their partial or full black face tattooing.

Since being involved in the never-ending war on Armageddon, he has recognized the value of the high-octane antics provided by a band of Deff Koptas, called the Black Streaks.

The real fists of the warband come in the form of 3 pieces of heavy armor that inevitably find their way into battle; a bastardized Basilisk artillery vehicle, called the Bang Wagon, and two battle wagons: the 'Ead Krusha and Killwagon.

The 'Ead Krusha is the personal transport of Gormor, who uses its deff rolla to smash into the enemy before leaping off and killing anyone within reach with his power klaw and his Black Slayers. Because of this reckless use, the Krusha has been scavanged, re-built, and re-imagined several times.

The Killwagon lugs its killkannon into battle and picks out the juiciest targets before flinging its partially-aimed shells into them. The Kommander of the Krusha, Baddakka (Evil-Noisy Weapon) thinks it the height of comedy when his wagon shreds a unit that is about to catch the boyz flat-footed.

To date, he has accrued enough owed fungus beer to never have to buy a barrel outside the warband.

Rumor has it that the warboss has also accrued enough resources and is building his crowing glory; a Stompa called Da Bull. This has not been seen and its existence cannot be confirmed.

The Lord of Banes
05-12-2009, 04:48

Aside from there being bits of humor thrown in, how was it the opposite of 40k? If you mean a lack of battle scenes, then I might point out that this is just exposition. Good fiction has that...most 40k fiction does not. There's actually several more pages worth of "just overview" to finish describing this mess I call a chapter.

40k would have had them all executed, not had them try to get help. 40k would never in octrillion years there be a union in of captain and eldar. 40k wouldn't have had all those chaplains go to waste. That was just not going to happen in 40k. The inquisition never would have allowed it, and chaos wasn't involved (aside from the renegade magos, and he wasn't chaos, he just prefered tau to imperials), and chaos is always involved. You just don't always know it.

Imperius
05-12-2009, 04:54
My two armies are the Cadian 8th and the Black Templars.

I like the stuff GW comes out with and I feel no reason to change it.

The Lord of Banes
05-12-2009, 04:59
My two armies are the Cadian 8th and the Black Templars.

I like the stuff GW comes out with and I feel no reason to change it.

Change it? Who said anything about changeing it? We are just adding our factions to the uncounted factions out there. 40k was designed so that you could write whatever fluff you want and noone could argue with you, unless its something like an alliance between necrons and tyranids.

Arakanis
05-12-2009, 07:14
I have a couple armies.

Ulthwe Eldar Force: Cormerkianenadya Dialcaman "The Host of the Black Autumn" Lit: "Warriors born of the blackest wasteland"

They are lead by the Farseer Eleharishil Catumen who is the Master Witch of the Seer Council of Lir Kerun. He is protected by Warlock Triplets, Ythinoc, Dhollin and Tinfithr and leads a number of other Farseers

He in turn is aided by Autarch of Ulthwe Thuniel Finae Athagatherakhia
The Autarch is guarded by the Exarchs Morai-men and Zhaifinneth

The Farseer has been seeking the Eye of Destiny, a waystone of an ancient Farseer, Miharerindfir Idunaecion said to be lost in the furthest reaches of the galaxy. Many seers believe it to be nothing more than myth, but Eleharishil is determined to find the Eye of Destiny and discover what the mythical Miharerindfir had given her life for.

He searched that space which the Mon-Keigh called "Segmentum Ultima" upon world both fair and foul. From Rianonen to Areandnnil his ships threaded the Webway paths until he came upon Inlacien, and there found his people over run by horrible servants of the Great Devourer. He rallied his considerable forces, and engaged the hive fleet in a series of skirmishes and raids, decoy forces leading the warbeasts of the Hive around in circles, as Falcons and Fire Prisms rained death upon them, meanwhile Nightwings and Phoenixes picked off reinforcements. As much damage as they could cause, The Tyranid Forces were nearly limitless, the Farseer sensed the control organ for these swarms were nearby, so he sent his powerful mind creeping into orbit, feeling around for their abominable master. Once it had been found he ordered his fleet to come out of the Webway and engage the Hive Ship, and destroy it.

Were it not for the brave and unexpected intervention of the Flame of Vengeance Corsair Fleet's arrival to the Farseer's aid, they might have lost that battle and gone no further. But as it was, the Tyranid fleet was scattered and easily hunted down, every last one of them was felled by blade or fire. The Corsairs assisted the Exodites and awoke several tomb worlds that sat in the path of the oncoming Tyranid fleets, knowing that the undying servants of the Yngir would stall the Great Devourer's children.

From there, the Farseer heard of a world called "Orsos" that was beseiged by the Great Enemy and the Slaves of the Blood God. He set his helm to that world, and dreamed once again of finding the Eye of Destiny.

Company Master Xephyron of the 3rd Company of the Dark Angels, Master of the Arsenal, Knight Errant, The Lion's Champion.

Company Master Xephyron has been currently tasked which a large force of Dark Angel warriors. He leads the entire 3rd Company, elements of the 10th, 9th, 8th, 7th and 1st company as well as a large Fleet, and a significant portion of the armory.

What exactly his mission is, none but he and Chief Librarian Ezekiel can see, for he too accompanies him on the mission. A bone white strike cruiser took up formation with the fleet as they stopped to take on provisions in the Badab System. The fleet has now long since left Segmentum Solar and has entered the dark reaches of Segmentum Ultima, heading Rim-ward, almost parallel to Tempestus.

Battles are frequent for the Xephyron's forces. Planetfall, engage occupying forces, destroy them, retrieve informant, return to fleet, break orbit. This pattern has been going for several decades, Xephyron has engaged a Tau Sept, a Tomb World, and any number of heretics and traitors, even coming face to face with a Chaos Space Marine Warband. And yet, even as he does the Emperor's work, it seems that he is being driven by a much greater purpose, seeking something hidden and unknown. Interrogator-Chaplain Molochi assures the battle brothers that this crusade is a test, a measure of faith for the Emperor and the Chapter. That of course, is good enough for the men.

I also have an Ork Warband, called "Da Empra's Boyz". Here's there story:

"We aint too sure 'ow it all start'd. Lots dayz ago we waz out on the Waagh an we came across a killy field. You shuda saw it. Them mariney boyz was everywhere. All mangled up and killified in all da kolours ya never seen befow. Da boss was up on a hill an he started talkin' all funny-ike. Yelling something about a 'oly viz-zhun or whatnot. Der was a big ol' banner on da otha side. Kinda weird I thinked. All gold a shiny. Prolly worth more teef den an mob worth. Den da boss started orderin' us to put on the marine boys armor n call 'em Da Empera. Well we dinnit much like dat. Not w'th trad-dee-shuns see? So buncha Nobs had got an idea ta beat da boss in da maim'n ring. Oh but dem Nobs got dem 'eads mashed in. All kindsa bits and guts did dem fly'n out. Somuda specktatorz got krumped too. Colateruhl damage see? So da clan became Da Emperaz Boyz like 'e says we does. Not too bad really. We get all kinds a shiny stuff and Da Empera looks real snaz. All gold and shiny. Eva sense den we been waaagh'n across da emptipartz an kill'n all doz zeenoez an hairytick boyz."

~Gragh'notz Gutgrinda the Ork on the origins of “Da Emperaz Boyz.”

"Not sua wa you mean by car-is-ter-is-ticks but we'z don't like tratez. Dems wurz den da hairyticks! No zur, Da Empera Doz'nt taken kindly tah dem. Wha we Doz like is shiny loota bitz. Da Empera leadz uz ta doz real good. All kinda shiny stuffz. We'z juz tak dat loot right on were'er it fitz like da Boss say. 'em sayz it makez uz more orky. I ani't fingured it out but da'z why I'z not da boss. Dat 'nd hez bigga and golda den me. 'E tellz uz tah find all kindas of pagey bookz and whatnot tah bring back tah iz battul krooza, Da Rok. Readz em 'e doez. Find out mo bout iz fogot'n hizztoree. Wez been think'nz hez might be one a dem weird boyz or sumtin. Makez e'eryboyz a bitz edgy but no onez gonna dare fight da boss naw. He'd turn ourz boneyz tah dust 'e wud!"

~Mugblog Toemasha the Nob on traits and characteristics.

"Wez been usun da shootas and the Chopas and all the big trucks dat go “VROOM VROOM, DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!”. Da Emperaz Boyz a gonna 'ave da biggust WAAAAAGH yet! Fur Da Empera!"

~An anonymous Ork boy on orky tactics.

I also have a homebrew Chapter called the Iron Crusaders, who are Imperial Fist successors... maybe I'll write them out some other time though. Getting sleepy.

the1stpip
05-12-2009, 08:01
Orks - Kaptin Gargits Blud Axe Freebooterz
Dark Eldar - Kabal of the Flying Daggers
Space Marines - Salamanders
Imperial Guard - Tenoch III regiment

Sorry but I can't be bothered to type up the fluff right now.

bossfearless
05-12-2009, 08:10
40k would have had them all executed, not had them try to get help. 40k would never in octrillion years there be a union in of captain and eldar. 40k wouldn't have had all those chaplains go to waste. That was just not going to happen in 40k. The inquisition never would have allowed it, and chaos wasn't involved (aside from the renegade magos, and he wasn't chaos, he just prefered tau to imperials), and chaos is always involved. You just don't always know it.

Of course chaos is involved. I haven't gotten to that part just yet. As for why everyone wasn't executed, yeah that's artistic license. If I had gone really in-depth, I would have mentioned a good bit about the role that the members of the 4th company played in Imperial affairs while they were still involved. Basically, they fill in wherever there is need of Astartes presence but there aren't enough marines to go around, the "real" marines are needed elsewhere, etc. They were often used to preserve the appearance of a strong garrisson without actually having major forces in the area. Also, I mentioned there are eighty three captains in the company, and they were often brought on as noncombatant advisors for specific campaigns where they would have had experience. These are meant to be long time veterans who have just started to crack after fighting the horrors of the universe for too long. As for the captain and the eldar, well, that is meant to be left to speculation. Instead of saying "it wouldn't happen," try saying "okay it happened, but why?" There is a very specific reason, but that comes later in the narrative. Much much later. That's why I posted it to the story section, so I could write it all down in the correct spot :)

As for it not being 40k, you're right. I wanted to fill in some gaps, create additional non-powerfist-swinging aspects of the Imperial machine. In 40k, you only get to be mentioned if you're killing something at that exact moment.

Filthy O'Bedlam
05-12-2009, 08:29
Chaos Space Marines: The Chorus. A Large Warband Led by a member of the Night Haunter's inner Circle ala Lord of the Night.

bigcheese76
05-12-2009, 09:42
414th Tarsis Ultra Night Force. This is my guard army.
The fluff behind it is having a rewrite which might lead to the army having a repaint.
The fluff comes from a simple one off game of Inquisitor at my local club where i created two characters, a couple of Guard vets, really quickly to go up agianst my friends new character. My friends new character was forgotten as my two guardsmen, who were father and son had a full on brawl in the street ending up witht the father being court marshalled. A group of cultists then thought this man was a preacher whom they had lost many years ago. The cultists then attempted and succeded in busting the father out of jail.
Later he got caught again by a sister of battle and her faithful priests. His son has learnt of his capture and has forgiven his father. For this reason he has built up the 414th Tarsis Ultra Night Force to free his father and ensure he is never capured again.

Arakanis
05-12-2009, 10:56

The Eldar fan and the Marine fan in me are screaming in agony after reading that, bossfearless. I'm going to assume that's it's purposefully canon-mangling, because you're a sadist and you hate me. :P (I'm kidding, of course) That will allow me to remain sane. That said, I present the following points (since you asked)

As far as I know, Astartes cannot father children. For that matter, neither can Exarchs, nor can they carry a child to term. (They become one with their armour and their flesh is absorbed into the armour)

Even if an Exarch was physically capable of reproduction, they have no desire for anything but battle. On top of that, even normal Eldar are physically repulsed by humans in the same way that a human might be repulsed by the idea of mating with a chimpanzee, a gorilla (Astartes) isn't going to appear much better.

For that matter, I don't believe that humans and Eldar are CAPABLE of cross-breeding. I believe they state in Xenobiology that the biology of the Eldar body is vastly different from a human beings.

Let's assume that for some reason you had a normal, deviant, Mon-Keigh banging Eldar, (Who isn't Dark Eldar for some reason.) The other craftworlders would kill the child (It would be an incredible abomination)

Finally, lets assume that a human and an Eldar can have a child, bring it to term, and it could grow up into an adult.... how would the Geneseed effect it? Remember that being female precludes from being able to accept the Geneseed, you have to be male, and be a big tough badass too. If you're not, it typically kills you. I don't think the Geneseed were intended to elevate half-Eldar hybrids.

Anyways, just the initial concept is pretty outrageous. I kind of skipped through all the Japanimation references, and the cake, and the stuff about the 4th Company being a prison rather than a Battle Company in the Crimson Fists Space Marine Chapter :wtf:

You've got an interesting take on 40k fluff. It reminds me of something you'd read on /tg/. (Eldrad is a dick!) Anyways, does anyone here play Angry Marines? Preferably led by Commissar Kharne and CREEEEEEEEED!!

bossfearless
05-12-2009, 23:53
Even if an Exarch was physically capable of reproduction, they have no desire for anything but battle. On top of that, even normal Eldar are physically repulsed by humans in the same way that a human might be repulsed by the idea of mating with a chimpanzee, a gorilla (Astartes) isn't going to appear much better.

For that matter, I don't believe that humans and Eldar are CAPABLE of cross-breeding. I believe they state in Xenobiology that the biology of the Eldar body is vastly different from a human beings.

Finally, lets assume that a human and an Eldar can have a child, bring it to term, and it could grow up into an adult.... how would the Geneseed effect it? Remember that being female precludes from being able to accept the Geneseed, you have to be male, and be a big tough badass too. If you're not, it typically kills you. I don't think the Geneseed were intended to elevate half-Eldar hybrids.

I'm pretty astounded that the whole hybrid thing is the main issue for people. I mentioned the fact that humans and eldar cannot breed in my write-up, and that it's therefore a mystery how it could have even happened.

Might as well let the cat out of the bag about that since it seems to be a sticking point. The Emperor did it. It's roughly the 40k equivalent of 'a wizard did it,' but with more of 'an omnipotent god-being who's really good at genetic manipulation' vibe. The Emperor also asked the Magos to come to Terra and make with the euthanasia. The Emperor is also the direct source of Akei'ra's 'legendary luck,' which wasn't fully described, and also the one who helped Akei'ra's body accept the gene-seed. It's all a huge sprawling genetic domino effect set in motion way back in the day. There are reasons why all of it had to happen.

By the way, there are no "japanimation references" anywhere in there. If you mean that a couple of the names are pulled from Japanese culture, then you are correct, but they existed a long time before cartoons about monster-fighting schoolgirls.

DaSpaceAsians
06-12-2009, 00:31
450th Vietnamese Imperial Guard:
It has spend much of the past years avoiding combat due to lack of equipement (not fully painted) but the times are changing. The regiment has started receving new equipement that was either left over from othe regiments operating in the sector or manufactured from their homeworld Vietnam. Vietnam has started industrializing itself due to Chaos, Ork and Tyranid forces drawing closer and the fact that supplies from other worlds are being directed to other more important fronts. The men are equipped with many weapons standardized throughout the Imperium such as the Leman Russ battletanks and Basilisk self propelled artillery pieces. However many vehicule varients are still unavailable due to the fact that the factories are not yet equipped to produce them .Some of their weapons are locally produced such the RGM-14 Lasguns and RGM-16 Lasguns (hot-shot lasguns). They are similar to many Cadian weapons since originally, Cadian Shock Troops were assigned to help train the newly-consituted regiments and many weapons were reversed engineered or given new designations to reflect their origin. Over time, the Cadians were sent away on other fronts. The regiment is also supported by elite Airborne Ranger units who are trained for gravchute usage and infiltration. The regular men are mostly volunteers who joined after the massacre of Fortress Hue where Chaos Cultists overwhelmed the garrison and did unspeakable acts to the civilians who had taken refuge in the fortress. There is still some men who were originally conscripted but their numbers are dwindling as they are sent home or mostly killed in action. The regiment was originally formed to to fight inside the jungles of their native home. Due to a new deployment area, they ended fighting in cities and shed their green uniforms for a blue and grey one.

Wow, I amaze myself. Btw can anyone figure out where the RGM-16 idea came from?

vladsimpaler
06-12-2009, 00:55

I thought that I read somewhere that Tigurius (or Lord Macragge) was half-human and half-Eldar. :confused:

In any case, does anyone have any opinion of my warband's background? :angel:

DaSpaceAsians
06-12-2009, 01:12
I thought that I read somewhere that Tigurius (or Lord Macragge) was half-human and half-Eldar. :confused:

It was Tigurius.
I heard that one too but I think they changed it.

vladsimpaler
06-12-2009, 01:16
It was Tigurius.
I heard that one too but I think they changed it.

Yeah, just like everything else. :p

By the way I like your army's background but I doubt that anyone besides Inquisitors would know that there was a Chaos incursion near Vietnam. (Hehe, sounds kinda funny :))

Other than that, it's very cool.

DaSpaceAsians
06-12-2009, 01:20
Yeah, just like everything else. :p

By the way I like your army's background but I doubt that anyone besides Inquisitors would know that there was a Chaos incursion near Vietnam. (Hehe, sounds kinda funny :))

Other than that, it's very cool.

Thanks. Funny thing though about the Vietnamese origin. Whenever I mention the name, people automatically believe it's a bunch of Vietcong scum and go :wtf: when I say it's ARVN based. Yours is also well written

Count de Monet
06-12-2009, 02:54
my marine chapter is ripped right from Kingdom of Heaven.

The Knights Exemplar are patterned after the defenders of jerusalem (my buddy has an eldar army called Craftworld Damascus, and led by Farseer Saladin).

We've named a planetary system The Jerusalem System (used to be eldar maidenworld, now occupied by the imperium), so we can basically do Kingdom Of Heaven in space, and get to use all sorts of quotes from the movie against each other...

That's great being able to specifically build "nemesis" armies with a buddy! :)

Let's see, I have:

Sons of Horus, led by Bejaind, former adjutant of Horus. Basically Black Legion with old name and no Abaddon.

Silver Skulls, no real deep background, originally referred to them as 7th company reserve force.

"Hell Hounds" Word Bearers, led by the Daemon Prince Garm.

"Tau Grand Alliance" - lotsa aliens and stealth suits, led by Shadowsun.

Imperial Guard, being reworked.

Chaos Guard in progress, led by Astrakenor, prophet of the dark gods.

Lord Asgul
06-12-2009, 05:13
Chaos Space Marine army called : Shadow Legion

The Shadow Legion; formerly known as the Emperor's Shadow, has plagued the western fringe for nearly 2,500 years. Being on the fringes of Imperial Space and the Astronomicon, their new homeworld; known as Reach, is notoriously hard to find. Since Lord Asgul Teheran came into power over the Shadow Legion 40 years after they went renegade, they have formed a small empire of 9 systems that supply the Shadow Legion; and their former Imperial Guard allies known as the 1st Hand of Darkness, with manpower, munitions and other supplies. They have also become allies with a rogue Adept called Magos Karnus; who is rigorously hunted by the AdMech for crimes against the Omnissah, who inturn has his base of operations in a huge orbital station known as Prometheus Beta which orbits a undiscovered by the Imperium, near dead world (world remains barely habitable after a catastrophic civil war in M.38) called Adria. The Magos gives the Shadow Legion, experimental new tech which is unlike anything the Imperium has seen.

The Shadow Legion has, until recently, been conducting raids on nearby Imperial worlds. However, a few worlds have suffered devastating attacks in which loss of life has been deemed unacceptable.

eltanko
06-12-2009, 10:59
Black Templar's - Led by Marshall Tempa Maya. Currently involved in a war against the Eldar, after a Brother Chapters ship was found destroyed.

Shadow Panthers - No leader as of yet. Still writing up the fluff. But they are a Chapter that use lots of close combat fast attack, and plenty of stealth.

Emperor's Children - Led by Lord Kayo. Currently Embarking in a War against The Iron Hands chapter.

ElTanko

Arakanis
06-12-2009, 21:36
I'm pretty astounded that the whole hybrid thing is the main issue for people. I mentioned the fact that humans and eldar cannot breed in my write-up, and that it's therefore a mystery how it could have even happened. Might as well let the cat out of the bag about that since it seems to be a sticking point. The Emperor did it. It's roughly the 40k equivalent of 'a wizard did it,' but with more of 'an omnipotent god-being who's really good at genetic manipulation' vibe. The Emperor also asked the Magos to come to Terra and make with the euthanasia. The Emperor is also the direct source of Akei'ra's 'legendary luck,' which wasn't fully described, and also the one who helped Akei'ra's body accept the gene-seed. It's all a huge sprawling genetic domino effect set in motion way back in the day. It's on par with Chaos Grey Knights, and Female Astartes in the 40k list of no-nos. Saying "The Emperor Did It" is almost worse than "It Was A Warp Storm" or "Tzeench Did It"

Excuse me while I create my fluff on my Tau Psyker, who is more powerful than Ahriman. It's okay though, Cegorach did it for the lulz.

Also, Tyranid Necrons. Tyranids who gained sentience and were given the same offer as the Necrontyr! The C'tan did it!

There are reasons why all of it had to happen.
You hate the source material and you wanted to make me cry? Because, Mission Accomplished, bossfearless, Mission Accomplished. :P

By the way, there are no "japanimation references" anywhere in there. If you mean that a couple of the names are pulled from Japanese culture, then you are correct, but they existed a long time before cartoons about monster-fighting schoolgirls. You have a god-child half-breed of Angel and Elf elevated to a super-being of kung-fu and warrior mastery who's determination, divine skill and luck gives him victory. He has some wacky sidekicks and a weakness for food. He has a pseudo-Japanese name. How was I supposed to think anything but Japanime? :P

bossfearless
07-12-2009, 16:39
It's on par with Chaos Grey Knights, and Female Astartes in the 40k list of no-nos. Saying "The Emperor Did It" is almost worse than "It Was A Warp Storm" or "Tzeench Did It"

Excuse me while I create my fluff on my Tau Psyker, who is more powerful than Ahriman. It's okay though, Cegorach did it for the lulz.

Also, Tyranid Necrons. Tyranids who gained sentience and were given the same offer as the Necrontyr! The C'tan did it!

You hate the source material and you wanted to make me cry? Because, Mission Accomplished, bossfearless, Mission Accomplished. :P

You have a god-child half-breed of Angel and Elf elevated to a super-being of kung-fu and warrior mastery who's determination, divine skill and luck gives him victory. He has some wacky sidekicks and a weakness for food. He has a pseudo-Japanese name. How was I supposed to think anything but Japanime? :P

The Emperor did it, Tzeench did it, C'tan did it, Warp Storms did it, these are all stupid plot devices, and they're all good enough for GW. All of those "no-nos" are only no-nos until GW retcons them all into being. Before the Obliterators were printed up, would you have bought into someone's fluff about chaos guys that can grow any weapon they want, move and fire heavy weapons, multiple wounds, etc etc? I think that, with all the mess and all the giant blank spaces GW has left us, the only proper thing to do is have fun filling in the blanks to our own specifications.

Also, when you put it like that, I guess I can see the japanimation reference. Yeah. But honestly, who doesn't like cake?

Edit: I don't hate the fluff, btw. I actually find it immersive but a bit nonsensical. The whole point of my take on the fluff is to have fun with it, and also to offer some explanations to some of the "Emperor Did It" moments. There's around 50 pages of this stuff.

pookie
07-12-2009, 17:57

that was back when the Primarchs didnt exsist and the Tau were still cows :D (oh and it wasnt Tigerius - but it was a UM Libby)

Arakanis
07-12-2009, 18:19
The Emperor did it, Tzeench did it, C'tan did it, Warp Storms did it, these are all stupid plot devices, and they're all good enough for GW. All of those "no-nos" are only no-nos until GW retcons them all into being. Haha, they're still incredibly stupid though. I mean, to a certain extent they can be employed so long as they're not attributed to causing something that simply has no other explanation and runs contradictory to established in-universe rules. Then it becomes silly. (Unless it's about Orks, and then it becomes silly AND funny.) A Warp Storm caused a Space Ship to show up BEFORE it was called for. Okay, that's pretty neat I suppose. Twilight-zoney. But then you have like, Tzeench organizing, I dunno, say Chaos Tau or something, and then you're just like... Heyyy... you're just making stuff up! Fluff cheaters. :P

Before the Obliterators were printed up, would you have bought into someone's fluff about chaos guys that can grow any weapon they want, move and fire heavy weapons, multiple wounds, etc etc? I think that, with all the mess and all the giant blank spaces GW has left us, the only proper thing to do is have fun filling in the blanks to our own specifications. Obliterators? Heck yes. Chaos has a some wicked units, I love Obliterators, Defilers, Possessed and other Daemonengines more than I like daemons or chaos marines. It's a little wonky sounding, but it's not completely contradictory with the established setting.

Also, when you put it like that, I guess I can see the japanimation reference. Yeah. But honestly, who doesn't like cake? ...the main character from Portal? :P

Edit: I don't hate the fluff, btw. I actually find it immersive but a bit nonsensical. The whole point of my take on the fluff is to have fun with it, and also to offer some explanations to some of the "Emperor Did It" moments. There's around 50 pages of this stuff. Fair enough man, I didn't mean to rag on your background. (I suppose at one time, Tigurius was half-eldar, so, you've actually got SOME justification for half-eldar marines way back before it got retconned 9 ways to Sunday.)
You just asked what was so improbably and I let you have it with both barrels. Hey, do you have any pictures of your army?

Edit: Pookie, it was indeed Tigurius, and not just some random UM libby.

Sir_Turalyon
07-12-2009, 21:33
Dark Angels 6th Company, "The Caretakers". Officialy a reserve company known by being assigned (caretaking of) most of obsolete weapons and armour patterns in armoury. Unofficialy known in chapter as sidetrack where marines without chances of promotion end up. Less officaly known in Inner Circle as sidetrack where marines too independently minded to ever qualify for Deathwing are kept. Rumours that all these resouceful marines are kept aside in obscure company by Supreme Grand Master for tasks that even most on Inner Circle aren't supposed to know are even rarer and, of course, completly unfounded.

Killer Shrews chapter (Space Wolves unrecognized splinter group). A grand company cast out from Space Wolves chapter for being bunch of lessers and not treating chapter's tradition with due respect (adouring their armour with carpet remnants instead of wolf pelts was one of main offenses).

Cadian 40 and 4th regiment (agglomeration of Cadian 40th and Cadian 4th, which already contained remains of Krieg-Mordian 666th/128th, Volistad 9th, Catachan 44th and squads from Tallaran, Trekkus, Necromundan and other regiments).

Live ov da Party - orks who know how to have fun on battlefield.

d6juggernaut
07-12-2009, 21:46
I painted my Necrons with a variation of the color necron abyss, so I just decided to name them Havestors of the Abyss.

My Chaos Marines follow the color scheme and fluff of the Red Corsair, but I call them Deciples of Melkor.

Zujara
07-12-2009, 21:53
My Word Bearers, the Dark Apostle Janyd the Visionary being recently appointed the position after the former leader was gifted with Daemonhood and left to join with the gods. He leads his Host against the Emperor's most faithful, seeking out Adepta Sororitas and Founding Chapters to prove his gods stronger.