PDA

View Full Version : Giant rats and stuff.

Sugarsw337
03-12-2009, 09:48
now just to fool around and have some fun, lets say we got 15 giant rats, deployed 7 wide, with 3 packmasters fighting with their entire front rank in contact (against a 5 broad infantry unit for example)

if we hit that giant rats unit with death frenzy... do we indeed get 45 - WS3 - S3 - I4 attacks..? and is that not just totally awesome?

... auch

shadow hunter
03-12-2009, 09:56
It is, but you got to get the spell off, survive the deaths it causes and then get into combat.

You also have to hope one of your wizards roll that spell. I haven't had it yet.

Uglack
03-12-2009, 09:56
I think you'll actually get 51 attacks, 14 rats *3 attacks each (14*3=42) and another 9 from the packmasters.

Even though they're at S3 they would still do quite some dmg =D

Sugarsw337
03-12-2009, 10:17
obviously not that easy to pull of.
but most people run giant rats anyway and if you happen to have death frenzy its got an 18" range, requires no LOS and can be cast into combat.

the packmasters would just get one attack because they are using whips ;)

I it would be fun to use all ones power dice, then pop a power stone and throw death frenzy just to see how ones opponent react, S3 WS3 aint impressiv but 45 attacks is alot of dice ^^

edit: and then you eat some warpstone and throw bless with filth TWICE! mohaha, yes they underestimate the pretty rats, it will be the last mistake-ache they do!

Foegnasher
03-12-2009, 18:50
I run mine 24 rats and 4 packmasters. 6 wide, 4 deep. In addition to 4 ranks and outnumber, I now get 16 attacks! For 104 points. Love it.

I didn't think of double casting the filth spell. That's nasty.

Nu Fenix
03-12-2009, 20:25
Although the Packmasters won't be able to attack in your example Foegnasher, as Whips have a limit of three ranks of Giant Rats ahead of them, or one Rat Ogre. So until you lose some rats, you have a rank blocking your own Packmasters attacking.

yorch
03-12-2009, 20:54
Although the Packmasters won't be able to attack in your example Foegnasher, as Whips have a limit of three ranks of Giant Rats ahead of them, or one Rat Ogre. So until you lose some rats, you have a rank blocking your own Packmasters attacking.

That's not true. You can field the packmasters in the front rank if you want... In fact, if you use a master moulder I would recommend it (with GW to add punch to the unit).

So this formation (6x5):

R= Rat, U=Packmaster

RRRRRR
RRRRRR
RRRRRR
RUUUUR
RRRRRR

Is legal and would have 16 attacks (12 rats, 4 packmasters), 40 with death frenzy (36 rats, 4 packmasters)