PDA

View Full Version : I just won a Gyrinx

silveryfox
03-12-2009, 11:54
Hi!

I won one of the rare Gyrinx models from way back. I bought it off Ebay and now I see that he will only ship it to the USA... :/

So I'm looking for someone who might be willing to recieve it by mail and then send it to me (Sweden), I'll be happy to pay something for the trouble as well as the shipping in advance (Paypal).

I wasn't sure where to post this. I have looked after it for years, just so glad to finally found one of those cute lil kittens :)

alexh
03-12-2009, 11:57
Send the seller an email asking him to give you a price for postage to sweden, he might do it if you ask nicely. I know I would :)

Catferret
03-12-2009, 12:21
Why did you buy it if you already knew the seller would not ship to outside the USA?

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233377

Ph4lanx
03-12-2009, 12:35
You did mention previously that you knew, so making out you only just found out is a little... awkward.

LonelyPath
03-12-2009, 12:59
Send the seller a email, I've won things before without looking at where they'd post to, sent off emails to them saying I'd not noticed that they wouldn't ship to me and asked them nicely whether they would do it and they have. Alot of sellers will tend to ship outside their normal locations if buttered up a little ;)

Bloodknight
03-12-2009, 14:50
Although I still wonder where the problem is with shipping somewhere as long as the buyer pays for the postage...

Sildani
03-12-2009, 14:52
The seller doesn't want the liability/worry of shipping overseas. You generally can't track the packages you've sent via US Postal Service once they leave the USA. So you never really know if the package arrived or not.

Bookwrak
03-12-2009, 15:27
It's an additional expense/complication that they just really don't want to deal with. If the package goes awry sometime after leaving the origin country, who do they need to talk to to try and sort it out? For example, people refusing to ship to Italy is becoming more and more common because of how terrible the postal system is.

Bellygrub
03-12-2009, 15:33
You did mention previously that you knew, so making out you only just found out is a little... awkward.

Well the Silverfox is sly and cunning and does not shy away from using dirty tricks you know. ;)

Cool_Mint
03-12-2009, 18:01
It's an additional expense/complication that they just really don't want to deal with. If the package goes awry sometime after leaving the origin country, who do they need to talk to to try and sort it out? For example, people refusing to ship to Italy is becoming more and more common because of how terrible the postal system is.

I can testify to that! I don't like sending items to Italy.

I sent an unboxed but complete Warhammer Quest game to a guy in Italy in two separate packages (due to weight restrictions); package 1 arrived safely but package 2 vanished without a trace.

Iwas lucky to get some compensation from Royal Mail; I am sure the parcel was stolen by someone in the Italian postal system, there was no way it could have been lost with the clear labeling I put on the parcel.

As it stands I broke-even after I gave the buyer all his money back (it would have helped if he had read the terms on my ebay auction; I stated that international delivery carried a risk of items being lost. He also had the item sent to his grandmothers address instead of his own address). I still ship items to Italy because Italy is full of affluent collectors who will pay good money for vintage miniatures.

I sold a Gyrinx a few months ago on Ebay for 10 but I almost wish I had kept the tiny feline because it's such a rare and interesting miniature.

baphomael
03-12-2009, 19:11
I can testify to that! I don't like sending items to Italy.

I sent an unboxed but complete Warhammer Quest game to a guy in Italy in two separate packages (due to weight restrictions); package 1 arrived safely but package 2 vanished without a trace.

Iwas lucky to get some compensation from Royal Mail; I am sure the parcel was stolen by someone in the Italian postal system, there was no way it could have been lost with the clear labeling I put on the parcel.

As it stands I broke-even after I gave the buyer all his money back (it would have helped if he had read the terms on my ebay auction; I stated that international delivery carried a risk of items being lost. He also had the item sent to his grandmothers address instead of his own address). I still ship items to Italy because Italy is full of affluent collectors who will pay good money for vintage miniatures.

I sold a Gyrinx a few months ago on Ebay for 10 but I almost wish I had kept the tiny feline because it's such a rare and interesting miniature.

To be fair, it might not necessarily have been stolen - they may just have not bothered to deliver it. There are examples of parcels being dumped by posties because they cant be bothered to finish their rounds, or "lost" somewhere in the warehouse because they cant be bothered to sort it. People cut corners - even when I was at FedEx people would stick parcels in the wrong area-code cages because they couldnt be arsed looking up what distribution centre deals with some obscure kentish village (oh, and fragile stickers meant jack diddly squat).

IJW
03-12-2009, 19:52
it would have helped if he had read the terms on my ebay auction; I stated that international delivery carried a risk of items being lost.
You might want to read eBay's terms and conditions again - as a seller, it's your responsibility to ensure that the goods arrive with the buyer, no matter what you put in the auction description. :( Like it or not, eBay is a buyer's market.

That's why any eBay lots I sell to buyers in Italy get sent by International Signed For which is a pain.

Whitwort Stormbringer
03-12-2009, 19:58
I understand that with a rare mini you might get desparate, especially with one you've been hunting for years, but why didn't you ask the seller if he'd be willing to send overseas before bidding?

Anyways, in a pinch I might be persuaded, I'll pm you.