PDA

View Full Version : Rat Ogre Kingdoms 1000pts

Arcadia
03-12-2009, 13:05
As some of you might have seen in the general discussion then im just about to start a Rat ogre army using the Ogre Kingdom rules and i now finally got my hands on the book so i can start putting together a list.

Heres what i had in mind:

1 Bruiser (184)
-Tenderiser
-Heavy Armour

1 Butcher (180)
-Dispel Scroll
-Dispel Scroll

3 Ironguts (144)

20 Gnoblar Fighters (42)
-Groinbiter

3 Bulls (105)

3 Bulls (105)

3 Leadbelchers (165)

1 Gorger (75)

Total = 1000pts exactly

As ive mentioned in the post in the general discussion then i am an old 40k player who have just started looking at Fantasy so im kinda expecting this list to be anything but functional... but thats where i hope you guys can point me in the right direction. :)

Thanks in advance.

Malorian
03-12-2009, 17:13
I'd drop the butcher for more ironguts.

Magic is rare in such small games and is also ineffective.

jthdotcom
03-12-2009, 17:13
I think that would be a good list, Quite hard hitting, in 1k the opposition isn't going to have much tough stuff. How are you going to make the lead belchers rat like? I really like the idea of this, some pics sometime would be good to

Arcadia
03-12-2009, 17:23
Wow i expected my list to be completely torn apart hehe (must be beginners luck)

Malorian
The way i play with my friends is abit untraditional since we dont have time to play at random we have a set day or 2 every month where 8 people join up and go nuts... usually its a 4v4 which is why im expecting craploads of magics as its more like 4k vs 4k then. I might be wrong but i just expect alot of dirty tricks coming my/our way. (i really should have mentioned this earlier >< my bad!)

jthdotcom
Ive got so many neat ideas in my head for this army but for the leadbelchers you asked for im gonna have Dwarf and Empire cannons either operated into the rat ogres arms or have them chained on their back so they have to lean forward before blowing off their load. (actually i think im gonna have a mix :skull:) Also ive halfway promised the people in the general chat discussion to do a Project log once i start (which should be this weekend) so keep your eyes open for a "Rat Ogre Kingdoms" Project log within the next week or 2.

Malorian
03-12-2009, 17:26
If you are expecting dirty tricks then you might want to put both those bulls together to make a larger unit.

Typically I'm all for ogre MSU but in a 4k (ish) game the threat of cannon sniping is too big.

(Although I still think you'll be better off dropping the butcher and just getting more ironguts.)

Arcadia
03-12-2009, 17:30
I meant dirty tricks in the form of evil magics trying to Bzaap! my lovely Rattensteins :p and im hoping there will be more interesting targets to snipe at. If not then ill remember to throw them into 1 unit.

ohh and then the Newb question... what does MSU mean? ><

Edit: Ohh wait let me guess... minimum size units?!

Malorian
03-12-2009, 19:19
Multiple small units.

The idea is that quantity is better than quality, that four units of 5 ironguts are better than one of 20, and five unit of 3 and two of four would be even better.

You win games by controlling the movement phase and setting up counter and flank charges.

Arcadia
03-12-2009, 19:24
I was close though :p thanks for explaining.

And about the Butcher... do you think he would be worth more with only 1 scroll and maybe a bangstick for some shooting or would you still prefer him completely out of the list?

Malorian
03-12-2009, 19:38
I really think that if you are mixing it up to basically be 4k vs 4k that if some one really wanted to blast you with magic that a butcher and 2 scrolls won't do all that much other than block a couple of nasty spells.

But hey, try it both ways and see which one works best for you.