PDA

View Full Version : Legends of Tor Achare 2000pts.

phoenixcrh
04-12-2009, 01:24
What do you think of this list?

General.
Lord. (Lathain)
Archmage, seerstaff of saphery = 255.

Hero. (Thanan)
Mage, ring of fury = 140.

Hero. (Senthoi)
Noble, BSB, radiant gem of hoeth, halberd, shield, dragon armour, barded elven steed = 179.

Core Units.
*24 spearmen, standard bearer = 226. (6*4)

*16 spearmen = 144. (BSB goes here) (6*3)

Special Units.
*18 white lions, standard bearer, banner of sorcery = 332. (6*3)

*18 white lions, standard bearer = 282. (6*3)

Lion chariot = 140.

Rare Units.
*2 repeater bolt throwers = 200.

*2 great eagles = 100.

= 1998.

Models 79 + 3 war machines + 2 monsters.
PD 8-10 + bound spell, DD 6 + 1 to dispel.

THESE ARE THE LORES AND SPELLS I INTEND TO USE FOR MY MAGES DEPENDING ON MY OPPONENT -

Lathain –
High magic – drain magic, courage of aenarion, fury of khaine, flames of the phoenix.
Lore of death – wind of death, doom and darkness, drain life.
Lore of heavens – second sign of amul, forked lightning, uranons thunderbolt.
Lore of light – burning gaze, guardian light, cleansing flare.
Lore of metal – rule of burning iron, distillation of molten silver, the spirit of the forge.

Thanan and Senthoi –
High magic – drain magic, shield of saphery.
Lore of light – burning gaze.
Lore of metal – rule of burning iron.

phoenixcrh
04-12-2009, 06:50
OK TO HELP YOU WITH REPLIES THIS IS A ROUGH BREAKDOWN OF WHAT I WILL DO WITH THEM TACTICALLY.

General.
Lord. (Lathain)
Archmage, seerstaff of saphery = 255.

MAIN MAGIC/CHOOSE SPELLS/ LEADERSHIP 9.

Hero. (Thanan)
Mage, ring of fury = 140.

MISSILE SPAM/DISPEL SCROLL BREAKER.

Hero. (Senthoi)
Noble, BSB, radiant gem of hoeth, halberd, shield, dragon armour, barded elven steed = 179.

BSB/CHEAP MAGE/MISSILE SPAM.

Core Units.
*24 spearmen, standard bearer = 226. (6*4)

ANVIL/CR+4/LION CHARIOT BOOST.

*16 spearmen = 144. (BSB goes here) (6*3)

ANVIL/CR+3/CHARACTER BOOST

Special Units.
*18 white lions, standard bearer, banner of sorcery = 332. (6*3)

ANVIL OR COUNTER CHARGE/KNIGHT KILLERS/STUBBORN/SHOOTING RESIST.

*18 white lions, standard bearer = 282. (6*3)

ANVIL OR COUNTER CHARGE/KNIGHT KILLERS/STUBBORN/SHOOTING RESIST.

Lion chariot = 140.

FLANKER.

Rare Units.
*2 repeater bolt throwers = 200.

LONG RANGE SPAM.

*2 great eagles = 100.

MARCH BLOCKERS/WAR MACHINE HUNTERS.

= 1998.

Models 79 + 3 war machines + 2 monsters.
PD 8-10 + bound spell, DD 6 + 1 to dispel.

THESE ARE THE LORES AND SPELLS I INTEND TO USE FOR MY MAGES DEPENDING ON MY OPPONENT -

Lathain –
High magic – drain magic, courage of aenarion, fury of khaine, flames of the phoenix. MAGIC DENIAL, ARMY BUFFS, DIRECT DAMAGE.
Lore of death – wind of death, doom and darkness, drain life. LOW LEADERSHIP AND HIGH AS ARMIES.
Lore of heavens – second sign of amul, forked lightning, uranons thunderbolt. GUNLINE DENIAL.
Lore of light – burning gaze, guardian light, cleansing flare. DAEMONS, UNDEAD, TREEHUGGERS.
Lore of metal – rule of burning iron, distillation of molten silver, the spirit of the forge. KNIGHT HEAVY ARMIES.

Thanan and Senthoi –
High magic – drain magic, shield of saphery. GUNLINE AND MAGIC DENIAL.
Lore of light – burning gaze. DAEMONS, UNDEAD, TREEHUGGERS, MISSILE SPAM.
Lore of metal – rule of burning iron. CHARACTER SNIPING.

warhawk95
04-12-2009, 13:22
Alright so I would drop the bow on the mage it doesnt make much sense at all. Instead give him a wardsave or scroll. Give the lvl 2 silverwand. BSB is fine. not overly fond of radient gem but if you want it on him than go for it. The banner of ellyrion doesnt really make sense on the spears, I would drop that. And the spear unit sizes are too small.I take one big unit of say 24 and then get 10 archers. The WL units are fine but I think if you wanted an anvil type unit pheonix guard would be a better choice, ive only played my friends HE a couple times but WL arent exactly the toughest anvil and PG are pretty good at that with their ward save. Then the two WL units are fine as support.

Its a good list, I think maybe dropping a WL unit for some dragon princess with a banner would be ideal because they are faster and they are also durable, plus they can pack a punch, two tironic chariots could work as well. Its a decent list though pretty well rounded and should be competitive against most armies.

phoenixcrh
04-12-2009, 19:20
Ok I have edited it a little to include some more tactical variance. I am trying to go for a chrace/saphery theme so i would like to leave out, phoenix guard and dragon princes if possible. Please have another look, thank you.

phoenixcrh
05-12-2009, 01:31
Bumpety bump bump.