PDA

View Full Version : Clan moulder-can it work? 2250

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
04-12-2009, 18:16
Obviously sixth ed clan moulder were severely under powered compared to the other clans (with the exception of eshin) however, with the introduction of the HPA and the improvement on rat ogres as well as the option for a rat ogre mount, is clan moulder now a viable skaven army? I certainly hope so Because I'm wanting to spend an awful lot of time making the army and I can see it costing an arm and a leg (at least 100 on rat ogres alone, although I'll be doing lots of green stuffing etc to improve them and kit bash them with other models so it'll look more like 125-150 on rat ogres) so, here's my list.

Warlord
Bone breaker:D
Blade of corruption
foul pendant
Worlds edge armour
shield

20 slaves

20 slaves

20 slaves

20 slaves

4 rat ogres
2 pack masters

4 rat ogres
2 pack masters

6 rat ogres
3 pack masters
master moulder
GW

6 rat ogres
3 pack masters
skweel gnawtooth

Hell pit abomination
warpstone spikes

Hell pit abomination
warpstone spikes

25 giant rats (deployed six wide)
3 pack masters

25 giant rats (deployed six wide)
3 pack masters

5 giant rats
pack master

5 giant rats
pack master

5 giant rats
pack master

5 giant rats
pack master

5 giant rats
pack master

So, their you go. My personal opinionon clan moulder is that Rat ogres are still under powered, just less so to the point that by taking overpowered things in the list such as HPA the list becomes balanced, as for Giant rats, they're good for their points but I reckon will struggle against high T high ASV armies.

The list can be played about with as much or as little as you want, but I would like to keep the moulder them (although a few people have asked me if I think that 21 rat ogres, 75 giant rats and two HPA's is going a little overboard).