PDA

View Full Version : Fair play....(GW Customer Service)

GenerationTerrorist
04-12-2009, 21:53
I know people like to bash GW lots, but I can not praise their Customer Services department enough. I recently ordered a few items off their website (mostly from the Collectors ranges) that I could not find cheaper elsewhere online, and some of the components were missing from one of the sets.

After a quick e-mail and phonecall to GW, they sent me the replacement parts (well, a whole replacement box actually!) to make up for the packing error when the original set of items were put into their box.

Fair play to them.

Imperius
05-12-2009, 00:57
This is only because the ditched their bitz system from way back when.

Its alot easier for them to just trust you that the models are messed up rather than checking it so they will send a replacement immediately. This in my opinion is because of the huge profit they make by selling toys at a price level way beyond even a premium standard. How much could it hurt for them to just send another box?

Mannimarco
05-12-2009, 01:08
yeah this happens somtimes, I once got a box of raptors and yeah it had the 5 men but only 4 jump packs so I called them and got........another box of raptors!

which is nice, now I have 9

Suspicions
05-12-2009, 05:14
This service (replacing frames/models/boxes) was actually in place long before the old Bitz system was done away with. The Customer Service department is aces by all accounts.

Only those who really love to complain and gripe can be obtuse enough to ignore how much GW goes out of its way for its customers...maybe someone with a GW sticker in their rear-window ran over their kitten or something, but that doesn't change the obvious, the Customer Service is awesome.

Weavetoucher
05-12-2009, 13:43
About 4 years ago i put in a order for christmas about 150 quid, i had just moved house and put down the wrong postcode unknowingly, getting close to the 25th no sign of order, my wife phoned to check it and then the postcode issue showed up.... following day my order came special overnight delivery they had sent it out again, 6 months later in summer a parcel came for me ... it was the original wrong postcoded order, I phoned Gw to ask about returning it and was tole ' no bother mate you can keep it as our apologies for christmas mixup!" and it wasn't even their fault!

sigur
05-12-2009, 14:49
To me, the most important thing is that they are incredibly friendly and fair. I never had much to do with customer services (except for internet providers and the like) but GW's customer service seems to be very good.

Agnar the Howler
05-12-2009, 15:05
yeah this happens somtimes, I once got a box of raptors and yeah it had the 5 men but only 4 jump packs so I called them and got........another box of raptors!

which is nice, now I have 9

If you have some spare possessed wings you could probably get away with using those.