PDA

View Full Version : 250pt HE warband

Major Defense
18-05-2005, 17:31
This is my new favorite. It allows both skirmishers and a *******' chariot! Tell me how much you hate it.

5 Shadow Warriors w/champion (89)
2 Silver Helms (38)
2 Silver Helms (38)
1 Tiranoc Chariot (85)

So the Shadow Warrior champion is really not worth his +14 point cost (only gets +1BS) but this is the cheapest way to include the obligatory champion and leave enough points for a chariot after buying the most minimum of core units. The best advantage is that whatever doesn't march/charge 16-18" can scout and harass the flank.

So check out my old 250 point warband...

Mage (95) Ring of Fury (30) Silver Wand (10) Channeler (10)
2 Silver Helms (38) shields & heavy armor (4)
3 Silver Helms (57) shields & heavy armor (6)

It was fun but wildly unpredicable. I had a lot of good luck rolling the Heavens spells I wanted but if I didn't get Forked Lightning or Uranon's Thunderbolt then I had only one damaging spell from the ring and that gets dispelled easily enough. When I'd get the spells I wanted I would play chicken with my Silver Helms and then my opponent would have to decide which blast to dispel and eat the other.

Starvid
18-05-2005, 20:44
I think it is a good list. HE usually need an extensive combined arms strategy, something quite undoable in a little warband. Going for all cavalry assault is the only other option and I think it fits well, albeit it is a little strange with patrolling chariots. ;)

irundaia
08-06-2005, 18:32
I couldn't agree more with Starvid all high elves cost so flamin much points it's hardly possible to kill say a goblin horde of 250 points (that's quite alot mind) High elves need a combination of magic and heavy cav (dragon princes)

Warlord Queek
10-06-2005, 12:09
I couldn't agree more with Starvid all high elves cost so flamin much points it's hardly possible to kill say a goblin horde of 250 points (that's quite alot mind) High elves need a combination of magic and heavy cav (dragon princes)
DRAGON PRINCES!
Talking about expensive units...
Silverhelms should do the job.

Try not using the lore of heavens, but the high lore!

Darmort
10-06-2005, 20:46
Heavens and Life are the best Lores in the game, and Metal has quite a nasty kick to it as well.

High Elves do not need all Cavalry and Magic Heavy Armies. That's just a ********* lie. They can win with normal units, just it's harder and makes the game more of a reward when you win.

And the Chariot can't March, by the way.

The list itself is very small, and therefore very vulnerable to hordes, high shooty armies, and things that ignore armour in general.
I'd swap some Silver Helms for something that can help the list, say, a few Spearmen.

And is this Skirmish or Warbands? Looks more Skirmishy to me.