PDA

View Full Version : Solomon Kane-Witch Hunter Movie

warhammergrimace
05-12-2009, 15:39
OK, not GW, but based on the book by Robert E Howard, though I'm guessing that the Warhammer Witchhunters were created based on this charecter.

Movie Trailer (http://www.solomonkane.com/)

If GW weren't so scared on IP issues they could have made a movie in similar vein. This guy is what I imagine witchhunters to be like, and mini sculpted in this this gothic look would be cool.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
05-12-2009, 16:01
That looks pretty darn interesting.

Although I will say it pisses me off every time a write says to themselves, "I need to make sure everything my hero says is full of XTREME PITHINESS AND WIN!!"

Have people say things that make sense, not that you think would look good on a poster/t-shirt/bumper sticker. Sheesh.

Really though, it looks good.

Keeperofthepies
05-12-2009, 16:16
I read Solomon Kane stories before I was familiar with Warhammer. When I saw a witch hunter I went "ZOMG SOLOMON KANE."

Condottiere
05-12-2009, 16:17
Archetypical witchhunters are rather extreme.

Lordsaradain
05-12-2009, 17:47
Cool! This movie I wanna watch! :)

GideonRavenor
05-12-2009, 19:25
It looks good, but I would dispute the suggestion that the Warhammer witch hunters are directly based in him; they are probably more inspired by the historical witch hunters, who also influenced Kane's appearance.

kraken
05-12-2009, 22:29
winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin win WIN !!

About time someone made this into a movie , and mostly english actors too , to quote Borat 'Great success' *thumbs up*

M.

sulla
05-12-2009, 23:32
More Robert howard stuff can only be good news. He was awesome.

Condottiere
06-12-2009, 01:59
Conan the Gubernator.

sulla
06-12-2009, 03:56
Why not? He's old enough to play Conan the king now. If they made it as grim as the first movie, rather than as goofy as the second, it would be worth looking forward to.

Thulsa Doom and Red Sonja movies are in the works too. Potentially a good few years ahead for fans like myself.

Dark_Knight
06-12-2009, 05:03
This movie looks sweet!

neXus6
06-12-2009, 11:33
The best thing is it is pretty much a 100% european project aswell, so hopefully it won't fall into some of the holes hollywood action films tend to when they try to touch on the weird and mythological.

The director is the guy who wrote and directed Death Watch, young guy but brilliant at telling a weird story.
Most of the cast are a who's who of actors/actresses you've seen but don't know.

I've not read any of the books, which I would like to as I love darker sort of low fantasy heroic tales, but that means I'll maybe be more able to judge the film on its own merits rather than comparing it to the books. Anyway this is one of the first films in a while that have me really excited, I hope it lives up to what I expect from such a great crew working on it.

Dai-Mongar
06-12-2009, 12:59
Sweet. Never read the books, but I picked up a 5-part comic series Dark Horse did and really enjoyed it. He seems like a cool character.
I don't think Warhammer witch hunters are necessarily copied from Kane, just based on the Puritanical style of that period.

Alathir
06-12-2009, 13:48
Wow, this looks very exciting! Can't wait to see it.

Horus38
06-12-2009, 23:26
Looks pretty sweet. As neXus6 said I hope it doesn't stumble into any predictable/cliched territory common to the big screen nowadays.

unwanted
06-12-2009, 23:38
*goes looking for WarhammerQuest witch hunter on e-bay*

He's fighting a Chaos cult in the freezing forests of middenland and Ostermark? Or was it just me?

Looks pretty decent.